PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Freya
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire books are being turned into a show on HBO or well at least a pilot. I have heard about those books a lot and always great things. I kinda look forward to it. Hopefully HBO approves it and we get us a fantasyish show :D

What are your opinions of this and of novels being turned into series lately?

Here's a blog (http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/) with info about stuff for the show if you would like to take a gander.

NorthernChaosGod
11-22-2009, 12:34 AM
I'm actually very excited to see it. And I'm glad it's coming out on HBO, I don't see it working on any other channel. Too much graphic content for something like Fox.

I have really enjoyed the books, I haven't devoured any books like this since The Hobbit way back in grade school.

Raistlin
11-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Since it's on HBO, there's at least a small hope it won't be utter campy trash. I guess we'll see if it's approved.

That being said, the books are decent, but way overrated.

The Man
11-22-2009, 05:10 AM
way overrated.no they're not.

The casting choices make me think this has a strong chance of being epic. Any series starring Sean Bean and Peter Dinklage has to be at least a bit awesome. But we'll see.

Kamiko
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
At least it's HBO so they won't have to cut out the insane amount of sex and general lewdness. I'm still waiting for A Dance with Dragons and I've been reading these books since the seventh grade.
If Sean Bean is in it, I think it stands a fair chance of being good, especially if he's Eddard. And honestly, I can't think of a better choice for Baratheon, physically speaking.

Freya
11-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I think they are trying to make another hit like they had with true blood. Plus with a lot of scifi/fantasy dramas being over there is a gap in the market for one! Maybe it'll fill that up all nice like :)

Araciel
11-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Books are a good read. Can't wait to see it.

Ouch!
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
HBO is actually coordinating with the BBC for this one. I've been following progress on George R. R. Martin's blog somewhat sporadically, and I do believe they're done with a majority of the filming for the pilot. They've put a lot of effort into the casting for this, and there's some pretty big names involved (as others have already noted). If this doesn't get picked up, I'm going to be extremely bummed.

Also, Raistlin, your face is overrated!

The Man
11-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Martin's blog is a good read lately, though not as good as dance will be if he EVER SMURFING FINISHES THE DAMN THING. Very pleased with the casting choices I've recognised (Jennifer Ehle was another good one), and judging on the quality of those I expect the unknowns to be just as capable.