PDA

View Full Version : Question on FFX-2 international

TidusReborn
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
This was only released in japan right, and it has a bunch of extras not included in the normal game? I've got FFX-2 american version but i love FFX/FFX-2, so any way to get more story and game time out of it would be amazing.

My question is this, Is FFX-2 international in japanese? Or does it also have english in it...because i'm not gonna like, that would suck playing my favorite game in Japanese i can't understand.

Also is there a FFX international?

Christmas
11-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Ya, from what I know few years back, it is only in japanese. As for FFX International, it got the dark aeons and stuff which some FFX versions have it. :bigsmile:

TidusReborn
11-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Hmm... Well from looking at the board (even on this very page ><) it does have english voices (thank god!)

And there being an international verson of FFX and FFX-2 I could have some fun yet!

Does FFX international also have english voices? All i know is that FFX-2 at leat has english voices, but there's also japanese subtitles.

Can you turn off the subtitles in these games?

Rantz
11-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Yes, FFX International has English voices, and you can turn subtitles off or on.

Karifean
11-26-2009, 01:50 PM
FFX-2 International is really worth it, even though almost all text is japanese. You get used to it. And yes, the voices are english.

If you've got north-american FFX then you probably don't have the dark aeons and penance included, which ARE included in the PAL and INTERNATIONAL versions. Int. has also a cutscene called "Eternal Calm" which is a hint to FFX-2

But Final Fantasy X-2 INT beats the original FFX-2 by far. First of all, there are two new dress spheres, Psychiccer (Saikikka) and Festivalgoer (Omatsurishi). Psychiccer is a nice DS with element-eaters as passive abilities, a death-like ability called Telekinesis and a semi-useless Teleport ability. Also, it is ranged, and Yuna's Festivalgoer DS has two attacks like thief. Then, Shinra has completed his latest invention. Have fun with it, as you can capture fiends and put them in your team, fight cups in the colliseum to meet Major Numerus, which has 2.666.664 HP and gives, if you're really lucky, 20 Iron Dukes when defeated. Well, there are a lot of other changes too (Trema has spellspring, for example) but I won't list them here.

Barraza
11-27-2009, 08:40 AM
They also made an FF7 International, and the Kingdom Hearts games have a "Final Mix" version. FF12 had an International version that makes the original game a complete waste of time.

They always include English voice acting, because Japanese people really, really like to hear the English voices. Japanese developers still can't understand that we might like to hear the Japanese voices. Supposedly, we Americans don't care/like Japanese stuff at all. But, they've been talking about releasing an International version of a game here in America for years, only with Japanese voices (and English text, obviously). Cross your fingers; voice acting in these games tend to be a lot better in Japanese than in English.

Just in case you wanted more information on the international line, in general.

Karifean
11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
i've always been curious about the FFXII and FFVII international versions (was there an FFVIII international?)... what are the changes?

In FF7 I could imagine, that the original J-game didn't have the weapons and the international does. But if there's no voice acting, what's international anyways?

About FFXII International, I've heard it's much better than the original (there is a bow in the airship area with an inhumane chance (1/10000?) which beats every other weapon, right?), but I never actually knew what the real changes are. Someone care telling me? ;)