PDA

View Full Version : should I quit?

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 07:17 AM
As I have always been the People's Staff Member, I find it appropriate to ask the People whether I should continue in that role, or whether I should quit. Please tell me what you think.

If you prefer not to post your thoughts publicly, you can PM them to me. Or you can do whatever else you wish to express your thoughts.

The Man
11-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Ehh, the only complaint I've ever had with you as a staff member is your sometimes sporadic activity. So my answer depends on how active you'll be in the future. Even then though it's not like eoff is exactly understaffed right now, so I can't say your inactivity is even hurting the staff much :monster:

Shlup
11-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Eest, have you learned nothing from your time on staff? You never ask their opinion. -_-;

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 07:32 AM
that's why I'm the People's Staff Member

Marshall Banana
11-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Only if you go out like Spike Spiegel.

Bang.

XxSephirothxX
11-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Only if you go out like Spike Spiegel.

Bang.
This means you get to murder 10-20 people in one bloody killing spree before you bite it. Choose wisely.

Tavrobel
11-22-2009, 08:05 AM
You'll also wind up killing someone who genuinely hates your guts, as part of the spree.

But, in my opinion, yes, you should step down.

rubah
11-22-2009, 08:15 AM
haven't you frozen into the giant eestcicle yet?

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 08:29 AM
it is quite cold outside, yes.

Bunny
11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
You should quit and name me your successor.

Shlup
11-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Quit telling him to quit, dammit! He's one of the few people in the staff forum who aren't just awful people.

Meat Puppet
11-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I say you let this one be decided by a good old fashioned coin toss

Christmas
11-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Doesn't matter, they are too lazy to remove your CK rights anyway. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Ewwww, Eestlinc!

Agent Proto
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Do what feels right. If stepping down is the answer, then so be it. If you don't feel it's time, then don't.

Put my vote for yes, do step down, but I wouldn't mind if you stay. It's a win either way!

Old Manus
11-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Quit and create as much drama as possible in the process.

Rye
11-22-2009, 04:24 PM
elsie is too cool to quit! don't do it!

Raistlin
11-22-2009, 04:48 PM
But then they'd just replace you with some dumb newbie who I don't know and I'd be sad that my eesty is gone. You were also the best CK when you were active. Not that you had much real competition...

Actually, if you do go out, can you do something crazy to make your former co-workers have to actually do work to fix it? That would be funny. Oh, you should add The Pimp!

Anyway, in all seriousness, if you don't have time for this place anymore, it might help to sever the tie for a bit to take a long vacation. Do what you think is right. I'd still miss you, though. <3

Baloki
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I will not allow Elsie to quit, sorry.

Shoeberto
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Quit telling him to quit, dammit! He's one of the few people in the staff forum who aren't just awful people.
:'(

Chemical
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
I should be a CK

Levian
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I would answer but apparently I'm not People :colbert:

Momiji
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't wanna see eest quit.

but on that note

I should be a CK

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't think I can add smilies.

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Quitting is for quitters.

Seriousness aside, if you do anything staffy here then don't quit. If you're not doing anything, quit and let someone who will work do it.

Christmas
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Work? Everyone here including the staff are here to enjoy themselves. The work can ALL be passed to that Psychotic, we have him here for a reason. :bigsmile:

Marshall Banana
11-22-2009, 10:43 PM
I hate when people talk as if a CK or admin position is like a real job with some kind of work ethic.

Screw that mentality! Only quit if you're not having fun!

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2009, 10:53 PM
If someone isn't productive then they should be replaced with someone who is.

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
that is a subject of much debate.

Del Murder
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Would that mean I'd have to quit too?

Tavrobel
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Baloki has spoken. eest will not be quitting.

Screw that mentality! Only quit if you're not having fun!

I figure the SS would've all left this place for dead a long time ago if that were the case.

Momiji
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Nah. I have lots of fun working on stuff in my rare spare time when I don't feel like doing anything else, and then being told I don't do :bou::bou::bou::bou: around here. Seriously.

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Would that mean I'd have to quit too?

I think I am feeling down because my fantasy football team is so bad.

Psychotic
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Forums staff is divided into two groups. The first are the old 'uns who have been on staff since the dawn of time, don't post on EoFF much anymore because they developed interesting real lives, and they're still on staff because they're pretty chill people and I guess because throwing people out after they had contributed so much is harsh. Sometimes they get guilt tripped and go on posting sprees for a month before going back to the shadows.

The second are the ones that get involved in the community and actually do work, whatever work there is to actually be done around here these days. (yesterday I banned a guy and deleted all 8 or so of his posts! It was the most exciting thing I've done in the past few months!)

Both groups contribute to decisions and each brings something different to the table.

I am in group two right now, but you only have another year or two left of me before I burn out and join group one, so make the most of me while you can, EoFF!

theundeadhero
11-22-2009, 11:46 PM
The funnest part is watching everyone else hope so dearly to get promote if you quit.

Tavrobel
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the first group is like that extra testicle. Technically, you don't need it, and if it were gone, the other would simply do the amount of work it's supposed to.

eestlinc
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
My posting sprees happen when there happens to be something interesting going on here when I log in.

As far as I'm concerned, the first group is like that extra testicle. Technically, you don't need it, and if it were gone, the other would simply do the amount of work it's supposed to.

I prefer having both.

Quindiana Jones
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Forums staff is divided into two groups. The first are the old 'uns who have been on staff since the dawn of time, don't post on EoFF much anymore because they developed interesting real lives, and they're still on staff because they're pretty chill people and I guess because throwing people out after they had contributed so much is harsh. Sometimes they get guilt tripped and go on posting sprees for a month before going back to the shadows.

The second are the ones that get involved in the community and actually do work, whatever work there is to actually be done around here these days. (yesterday I banned a guy and deleted all 8 or so of his posts! It was the most exciting thing I've done in the past few months!)

Both groups contribute to decisions and each brings something different to the table.

I am in group two right now, but you only have another year or two left of me before I burn out and join group one, so make the most of me while you can, EoFF!

The first group should be Former Staffed. There are plenty of active members around here who can do stuff. It just seems a waste to me, just because of some past happenings. I've never understood the whole "dude, he did this 50 years ago show some respect" thing. I respect what the person did, but there's no point continuing that respect if they've done nothing else. I can't see the behind the scenes stuff here, so it may be that eest bans and deletes stuff when he sees it, in which case he should stay.

Also, does making the most out of you mean spamming the crap out of this place so that you have lots to delete and stuff, because I am totally up for that.

Oh, and not posting because there's nothing interesting to post about is a perfectly valid reason for not posting. If you only think you should leave because you don't post much, eest, then you're a bumhole. As long as you at least check in on this place, then you're pretty much doing your job.

theundeadhero
11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
If they get Former Staffed we're not hiring new knights to replace them. It's not like we would need them.

Psychotic
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Also, does making the most out of you mean spamming the crap out of this place so that you have lots to delete and stuff, because I am totally up for that.The only spam worth deleting is from spambots pushing their crap. Feel free to follow in their footsteps if you want, but also know that they account for like 90% of the bans these days. (the other 10% being the odd second account)

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Then don't hire new Knights. It's not a difficult conclusion to arrive at, tuh.

So a thread devoted to making vulgar Psy related jokes would be completely allowed?

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
we actually don't need huge amounts of modding these days. you guys are so well behaved, and we don't have masses of newbies posting in the wrong place and starting flame wars anymore.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
How about I make 57 new accounts and make a different newbie thread in every forum? And all the newbies would flame each other in the other threads. And they'd do their best to bypass the swear filter too. :bigsmile:

Psychotic
11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
So a thread devoted to making vulgar Psy related jokes would be completely allowed?It's not like there haven't been a hundred threads like that already, really. Mix it up a little and make it about Wolf Kanno!

Oh that reminds me, Group 3: The FF Forum Knights. We uh...we don't talk about them. They go about doing their business and...well they kind of creep me out to be honest with you. They are ghouls, I am telling you.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I'll find the most easy name to translate into something rude and make a thread about them some time.

rubah
11-23-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm straddling the fence between group 1 and group 2

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't think I can add smilies.

Then you're useless to me. :mad2:

we actually don't need huge amounts of modding these days. you guys are so well behaved...

Hey, I tried to help! Not the past couple of months, but still. Nobody kept up the debate about the swear filter and my most interesting thread was made private. :(

Levian
11-23-2009, 12:32 AM

The first group should be Former Staffed. There are plenty of active members around here who can do stuff. It just seems a waste to me, just because of some past happenings. I've never understood the whole "dude, he did this 50 years ago show some respect" thing. I respect what the person did, but there's no point continuing that respect if they've done nothing else. I can't see the behind the scenes stuff here, so it may be that eest bans and deletes stuff when he sees it, in which case he should stay.

Ah, we've been having this discussion so many times and it never leads anywhere. It doesn't really matter though, we can afford to have some inactives with us as long as we've got a good group active, which I think we do at the moment. :mog: With Cid gone and not having a leader around, there's nobody who has the authority to demote anyone, other than themselves, and such we seem to be going with a "I trust it you'll step down when you're ready for it" mentality.

Personally I don't think anyone should be demoted against their will, that's just going to set a bad smell to the place. However I do think someone who is inactive should be asked how things are going and if they are able to keep up with this place. Don't see anything wrong with that. :mog:

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 12:41 AM
I think all members should be BANNED after more than three hours inactivity. BANNED UNTO HECK.

Levian
11-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Those who registered in 2000 and 2001 should only get 2 hours.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 12:49 AM
I'd just ban everyone who joined in this decade.

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 01:02 AM
I agree.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm counting you in that category too, Raistlin. I don't care when you joined. We should take up every opportunity to ban you unjustly.

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 01:11 AM
But Raistlin joined in 1999.

Tavrobel
11-23-2009, 01:15 AM
So Raistlin would be one of the few unbanned members?

Well, on the bright side, he would be a prisoner in a desolate land.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 01:17 AM
I still say ban him anyway.

Madonna
11-23-2009, 01:19 AM
In times such as these, elsie, you have to ask yourself what Bruckner would do in your shoes; when you know that, you know all the right answers!

Lawr
11-23-2009, 02:14 AM
theundeadhero calls the shots. I'm not even joking.

Chemical
11-23-2009, 02:37 AM
If they get Former Staffed we're not hiring new knights to replace them. It's not like we would need them.

you get paid?

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 02:56 AM

Out of active members, it'd be just me and Jojo.

... on second thought, I no longer agree with that plan.

Shlup
11-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Newsflash people: eest (or anyone) stepping down does not mean it's more likely that you'll be knighted, so quit with the puppy eyes. We don't need new staff members.

The real value of a staff member right now is our sharing our perspectives in the Staff Forum, and their activity outside of the Staff Forum. Since no non-staffer can judge the former, you guys are only getting half the picture. Doesn't make anyone's opinion invalid, but it's something to keep in mind.

And to those who are saying "other people would do more," what exactly would anyone do? The place is in order, events are going on... What else is there to do?

I'm counting you in that category too, Raistlin. I don't care when you joined. We should take up every opportunity to ban you unjustly.

*hi5*

Out of active members, it'd be just me and Jojo.

... on second thought, I no longer agree with that plan.

You forgot about everyone who joined in 2000, genius. You know better.

Tavrobel
11-23-2009, 03:39 AM
Well, the plan was to ban people from the current decade, not the millennium, otherwise, all of the 2000 people would stay, too.

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Wow, has this been turned into an actual plan now?

Tavrobel
11-23-2009, 03:59 AM
It's not a bad one.

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 04:18 AM
excellent work

Chemical
11-23-2009, 04:29 AM
The real value of a staff member right now is our sharing our perspectives in the Staff Forum, and their activity outside of the Staff Forum. Since no non-staffer can judge the former, you guys are only getting half the picture. Doesn't make anyone's opinion invalid, but it's something to keep in mind.

The staff forum is like Valhalla; I imagine it's where I will go when I die.

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 04:59 AM
You forgot about everyone who joined in 2000, genius. You know better.

Long version: "This decade" could also have meant the past ten years or more commonly any ten year period AABA where B remains the same (e.g., the 80s, the 90s, etc.). Both of which are perfectly valid. I was using the latter, and most popular, definition.

Short version: *raspberry*

And to those who are saying "other people would do more," what exactly would anyone do? The place is in order, events are going on... What else is there to do?

Stir :bou::bou::bou::bou: up. Good job, eest.

Shlup
11-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Fine, we can ban everyone from the last lustrum.

And I know right! What an ass. I'll just make this easy and ban him.

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 05:03 AM
stirring up :bou::bou::bou::bou: is what good waffles do!

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 05:07 AM
And I know right! What an ass. I'll just make this easy and ban him.

I wasn't being sarcastic. This is me talking. Stirring :bou::bou::bou::bou: up is a positive. eest should stay as long as he continues to entertain me.

Shlup
11-23-2009, 05:12 AM
It's certainly something to do. And it's funny to see all the puppy-eyed members bein' all "pick me plz."

Trade secret: We usually knight someone because we're bored.

Dignified Pauper
11-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Knight Old Manus, just to make Christmas angry.

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 05:19 AM
remember back when we would say you wouldn't get knighted if you asked to be?

Shlup
11-23-2009, 05:21 AM
No one asked to be.

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
Now there's a whole ritual designed around asking to be CK'd. The integrity of the office was ruined long ago.

EDIT: in response to eesty.

Shlup
11-23-2009, 05:40 AM
Oh yes, the ritual.

Let me help you guys out: Here's step one. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/B5NVMP1FIHK0)

Raistlin
11-23-2009, 05:59 AM
I was talking about the CK competition, but that helped my point even better.

And... lightsaber chopsticks? :|

NorthernChaosGod
11-23-2009, 06:02 AM
I don't even know who you are.

Shlup
11-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I need lightsaber chopsticks to go with my lightsaber spoons. :|

Marshall Banana
11-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Speaking of puppy eyes, I want to be able to edit Spooktacular. I've been making pretend skins in Photoshop since Halloween, and I even had a dream about changing the skin to whatever I want. :kaoclove:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/sleepytiki.jpg

Shlup
11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Okay, I'll admin you right now. All you have to do is ask, you know.

The Man
11-23-2009, 06:53 AM
you know, I had no idea that most of those style sets even existed. I think I'm going to be using fencing cactuar for awhile now :monster:

rubah
11-23-2009, 06:56 AM
eest can stay if he'll upload a baritone solo

eestlinc
11-23-2009, 07:12 AM
i lost my copy of my senior recital cd. I think my mom has a copy at her house.

rubah
11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
has to be recent

Christmas
11-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Quit and create as much drama as possible in the process.

I can't believe that this bloke turned out right. :(

Chemical
11-23-2009, 12:21 PM
" I'M A CYBORG,BUT THAT'S OK "

Psychotic
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
So basically what this thread has taught us is that an abuse of administrative power that sets Raistlin's join date to 2009 would be beneficial for all.
It's certainly something to do. And it's funny to see all the puppy-eyed members bein' all "pick me plz."Oh please let me merge double posts! It's been my lifelong passion!

Quindiana Jones
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
You may as well skip the difficult and time consuming process of banning everyone from this decade, and just changing it to anyone from outside this decade. That way we're all winners.

Wolf Kanno
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
So a thread devoted to making vulgar Psy related jokes would be completely allowed?It's not like there haven't been a hundred threads like that already, really. Mix it up a little and make it about Wolf Kanno!

You only want that so you would have an excuse to send me more of your "love Pms". You don't need a thread for that. :love:

Oh that reminds me, Group 3: The FF Forum Knights. We uh...we don't talk about them. They go about doing their business and...well they kind of creep me out to be honest with you. They are ghouls, I am telling you.We are not "ghouls" we prefer to be called "living impaired" :colbert:

As for people being squeaky clean on this forum, I feel this justifies my petitions to raise the stakes of what is mod worthy. Posting in EoEo is a ban worth offense as well as having Avatars with the color blue in them. I also feel the letters S and T should be removed from all posts. :colbert:

Agent Proto
11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I also feel the letters S and T should be removed from all posts. :colbert:

o a hread devoed to making vulgar Py relaed jokes would be compleely allowed?I' no like here haven' been a hundred hread like ha already, really. Mix i up a lile and make i abou Wolf Kanno!

You only wan ha o you would have an excue o end me more of your "love Pm". You don't need a hread for ha. :love:

Oh ha remind me, Group 3: he FF Forum Knigh. We uh...we don' alk abou them. hey go about doing their buine and...well hey kind of creep me ou o be hone with you. hey are ghoul, I am elling you.We are no "ghouls" we prefer o be called "living impaired" :colbert:

A for people being queaky clean on his forum, I feel hi juifie my peiion o raie he ake of wha i mod worhy. Poing in EoEo i a ban worh offene a well a having Avaar wih he color blue in them. I alo feel the leer S and T hould be removed from all po. :colbert:

conider i done. ;coo;

Actually, just kidding. This post looks retarded without S and T, maybe we should replace them instead? imagine the hilarity if S was Z and T was Y? Now yhay'z qualiyy zhiy yhere!

Freya
11-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh hey a thread about a staffer wondering if they should quit.

NorthernChaosGod
11-23-2009, 11:10 PM

Do you really have lightsaber spoons? O_O

Shlup
11-24-2009, 12:48 AM

Faaabulous movie!

YES!! They came in my Cornflakes and they light up. I really wanted to send in my proofs of purchase for the R2D2 cereal bowl, but I didn't get enough. :(

Marshall Banana
11-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Someone should buy this for you for Christmas: My Melody Vibrating Shoulder Massager (http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/MYM001).

Shlup
11-24-2009, 12:57 AM
So much, but I don't think my mommy would be too thrilled about it being on my Amazon wishlist. xD

Mebbe I will secretly email it to BJ.

Levian
11-24-2009, 01:55 AM
QUIT! QUIT! QUIT!

Chemical
11-24-2009, 02:12 AM

Faaabulous movie!

I highly recommend Zombie Strippers.

Tavrobel
11-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Actually, just kidding. This post looks retarded without S and T, maybe we should replace them instead? imagine the hilarity if S was Z and T was Y? Now yhay'z qualiyy zhiy yhere!

We could run everything through an Al Bhed translator.

Ohh, hey look, another opportunity for someone to point out another Captain Obvious.

Momiji
11-24-2009, 02:33 AM

Oh hey look it's someone pretending to be a jaded oldbie http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/emot-v.gif

Tavrobel
11-24-2009, 02:37 AM
Way to steal the joke, Captain Obvious.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Knock it off! No one likes either of you so just go back to the sad corner!

Goldenboko
11-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Don't step down eest. Everyone telling you to quit just wants your job. :)

Momiji
11-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Love you too, Shlup.

*shuffles over to sad corner*

Raistlin
11-24-2009, 03:36 AM
I highly recommend Zombie Strippers.

I told my friends last year at college that we should watch it, but they disagreed. It looks hilariously awful.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Samurai Princess is also amazing. TIT GRENADES!

eestlinc
11-24-2009, 06:01 AM
it does not appear that the People demand my overthrow.

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2009, 06:31 AM

YES!! They came in my Cornflakes and they light up. I really wanted to send in my proofs of purchase for the R2D2 cereal bowl, but I didn't get enough. :(

I must see them.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Not mine specifically, but the exact same one.

BAM!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/290208190_b1024d083f.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm jealous. D:

Someone get me lightsaber spoons!

I will repay you in sexual favors.

Or cash.

eestlinc
11-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Sexual favors for shlup? that's a steep, steep price. why not just pony up the money?

Shlup
11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
They're from cereal boxes like multiple years ago.

Hey, here's one on eBay for $4 (http://cgi.ebay.com/star-wars-lightsaber-spoon_W0QQitemZ320452094672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9c6eead0).

eestlinc
11-24-2009, 06:49 AM
definitely cheaper to pay $4!

rubah
11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
make your own lightsaber chopsticks.

get a little led, put it in a clear plastic tube, paint some metal around the end, voila

NorthernChaosGod
11-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Sexual favors for shlup? that's a steep, steep price. why not just pony up the money?

Lol, what's wrong with Shlup?

Loony BoB
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
All I gotta say is from way early in the thread.

Shlup: So he's one of the few that isn't just awful? What else is he? That's mean!

rubah: You're totally group 2. Totally.

Old Manus
11-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Lightsaber spoons.

Raistlin
11-24-2009, 07:03 PM

No, we just don't demand your peaceful resignation. Violent overthrow is much more fun.

NorthernChaosGod
11-25-2009, 05:25 AM

No, we just don't demand your peaceful resignation. Violent overthrow is much more fun.

QFT

If you're going to leave, leave in style.

eestlinc
11-25-2009, 07:19 AM
bring it

rubah
11-25-2009, 07:20 AM
*waves kitten-chucks*

Raistlin
11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
bring it

Consider it brought.

Lawr
11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Consider it purchased for only $12.95. :shobon:

Linus
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
bring it
Dibs on his spot.

Quindiana Jones
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Dibs on Linus' spot after Linus gets eest's spot.

The Man
11-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Dibs on Quin's spot after Quin gets Linus' spot after Linus gets Eest's spot.

Levian
11-27-2009, 09:12 AM
dammit, too late.

Jiro
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
If he quits then he probably won't come round here any more at all and hell no do I want that to happen

Del Murder
11-28-2009, 07:45 PM
So I've decided I'm not going to quit.

EDIT: whoops wrong account

eestlinc
11-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I gotta stop doing that.