PDA

View Full Version : Uniqe foods you crave...UNIQUE

Ledious
11-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm trying to learn how to cook more variety of foods (for that special someone lol :P) and I'm curious to hear about unique foods you've tried that you absolutely crave.
I'll start it off:

one of the best desserts ever invented!
gulab jamun
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2005/1808443329_292742e7ee.jpg

OK! Your turn!
http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/d/u/durrhurrplz.png?1

Christmas
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/valent2.jpg

Shlup
11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
POST THE RECIPES, DAMMIT!

I crave risotto. I haven't found a recipe I particularly like yet.

Pioneer Woman has a lot of good recipes that are very well illustrated and basically idiot-proof. I made her coq au vin last week and almost died.

Ledious
11-24-2009, 03:11 AM
[that pic that Christmas posted]

Wow, did you draw all of that for my topic?
I must say, I am flattered.

POST THE RECIPES, DAMMIT!
...Assuming you know how to Google search, you can take the liberty to do the research for the recipe yourself.
But if your really interested in cooking Gulab Jamun, this is the best recipe I found: YouTube - GulabJamun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6IrfA1NLHU)

btw...the recipe for risotto is one of the first results when I search for risotto recipes in the Google search bar:
Risotto Recipes (http://recipes.epicurean.com/desc_results.jsp?title=Risotto)

Shlup
11-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Yes, I do know how to Google search. Recipes are not a universal thing, and different recipes yield different results. If you found a Gulab Jamun recipe that you like then it's important that that one is the one shared.

And I know how to find risotto recipes, what I said is that I have yet to find one that I like. You have to make it before you can be sure you like it. There is no "the recipe for risotto," there are unlimited variations to any recipe.

Thanks for the nice "use Google" tip though. :|

Moon Rabbits
11-24-2009, 04:48 AM
BBQ Eel Pizza. BBQ Eel sushi roll. BBQ eel strips.

actually anything bbq eel related.

Thanks for the nice "use Google" tip though. :|

I love you btw.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 04:55 AM
I know you do, bb. I <3 u always.

P.S. Is BBQ eel different from how they typically serve eel with sushi? 'Cause it already seems pretty BBQ'd to me, but I've never seen it referred to specifically as BBQ'd. Also, all of you r suggestions sound amazing. I love eel. Never had it on pizza though.

Ledious
11-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Yes, I do know how to Google search. Recipes are not a universal thing, and different recipes yield different results. If you found a Gulab Jamun recipe that you like then it's important that that one is the one shared.
How should I know? I just like the food, I have never cooked it before. I'm looking for unique food Ideas for cooking in the future. If I had already cooked this dish in the past and had a favorite recipe, it wouldn't be such a unique food to me now would it?
Tbh, the recipe that I posted in my last post to you was just something I found for you that I thought had the most detailed step by step recipe. I dont know for sure if it will be a practical source however.
As far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't have to find a recipe for every unique food example if I haven't even cooked it myself. Quite frankly, It would probably be a waste of my time considering the majority people who read my post probably don't give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: about actually cooking the dish. But If someone does take interest in my post, they should ask me nicely for my recipe prefs.

Next time instead of posting "POST THE RECIPES, DAMMIT!" like some leatist, ask me for my prefs on a recipe that you're interested in. Or research it yourself Because sometimes, I may not even have an answer.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry, I thought that "I'm trying to learn how to cook more variety of foods" meant that you were already cooking new things.

Ledious
11-24-2009, 05:21 AM
I'm sorry, I thought that "I'm trying to learn how to cook more variety of foods" meant that you were already cooking new things.
Apology accepted, my good sir.
Maybe I wasn't being very clear and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.
Tbh I have posted a similar topic on other forums besides this one and you're the first person who has ever demanded the recipe. :P

BBQ Eel Pizza. BBQ Eel sushi roll. BBQ eel strips.

actually anything bbq eel related.
I agree bbq eel ftw.

Marshall Banana
11-24-2009, 05:26 AM
ShlupieQuacker is not a sir. She has big boobies!

I want to make uniquely shaped food - like Rilakkuma pancakes or something!

Ledious
11-24-2009, 05:34 AM
ShlupieQuacker is not a sir. She has big boobies!

That's appropriate.
Well then, please excuse my ignorance...

*edit* Apology accepted, my good sirdette.

Shlup
11-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Meh, I also have fantastic balls so whatev.

I like interesting shaped foods too! I got a tool that makes hotdogs into penguins.

Ledious
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

I had a feeling you would say something like that so I made sure "sirdette" was kept open.

Duce of Daggers
11-24-2009, 03:58 PM
I know you do, bb. I <3 u always.

P.S. Is BBQ eel different from how they typically serve eel with sushi? 'Cause it already seems pretty BBQ'd to me, but I've never seen it referred to specifically as BBQ'd. Also, all of you r suggestions sound amazing. I love eel. Never had it on pizza though.

the love is nauseating :barf:

Breine
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
It's been a long time since I had eel. I could go for some fried eel right now.

Also, oatmeal pancakes!

Ledious
11-24-2009, 05:18 PM
It's been a long time since I had eel. I could go for some fried eel right now.

Also, oatmeal pancakes!
hmm I haven't even heard of oatmeal pancakes but I cant see why it wouldn't be plausible or delicious.

Japanese green tea tempura fried ice cream. It's a mouth full of words just as it is a mouth full of heaven.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3056/2709392258_21634d0f80.jpg

Moon Rabbits
11-24-2009, 07:21 PM

I like interesting shaped foods too! I got a tool that makes hotdogs into penguins.

LEMME SEEEEEE!! o_o the penguin hot dogs i mean.

And I'm not sure if the eel in the sushi you've been eating is BBQ or not, but I assume so. Everywhere I get eel from refers to it as "BBQ" - I've never had / heard of it any other way. It's soooo fucking good though. I want some NAAAAAAAAAAOW!!

Green tea icecream is awesome. I doubt I would enjoy it tempura-ized though. I do enjoy pumpkin tempura, though - mmmmmmmmmz.

Incidentally tzatziki, hummus, and bubba ganoush are also wicked. Tzatziki is my favorite thing to dip anything in. Especially nan bread. I lurrrrrrrrrrrrv nan bread. I also love Lebanese cuisine -mmm mmm mm.

I catered an event for new Pakistani immigrants awhile back and they had SUCH good food. Oh my fucking god. They had this crazy beef stuff that was all spicy, and this other chicken stuff with chick peas and sauce, and these like ... chicken beef roll shkibab things. I wish I remembered what any of this stuff was called because it was so delicious. Everything was spicy/hot as fuck - soooo good. They also had delicious rice pudding deserts.

Oh how I love foreign food~~

Ledious
11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Green tea icecream is awesome. I doubt I would enjoy it tempura-ized though. I do enjoy pumpkin tempura, though - mmmmmmmmmz. ...Probably because you have only had salty things with tempura right?
Ever had fried ice cream? It's this but better than sex. I promise you, if you tried tempura ice cream, you would never want to eat anything again in your entire life.
Other flavors include mango, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate but nothing is more compatible with tempura than green tea ice cream. Eating this :bou::bou::bou::bou: is like having a three way with the two sexiest, cutest asian chicks in the world. Imagine, Green tea, Tempura and then you.

Moon Rabbits
11-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Eating this :bou::bou::bou::bou: is like having a three way with the two sexiest, cutest asian chicks in the world.

Oh so it's one of the most traumatizing experiences ever.

Incidentally red bean and mango ice cream are awesome. Again - not tempura-ized I don't think. I've had non-salty things tempura-ized before that were okay ... I prefer deep fried mars bars or pickles tho, plzzzzzz.

Ledious
11-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Eating this :bou::bou::bou::bou: is like having a three way with the two sexiest, cutest asian chicks in the world.

Oh so it's one of the most traumatizing experiences ever.

Incidentally red bean and mango ice cream are awesome. Again - not tempura-ized I don't think. I've had non-salty things tempura-ized before that were okay ... I prefer deep fried mars bars or pickles tho, plzzzzzz.
they are asian...
If you try it I am positive you will love tempura ice-cream. And asian girls.

btw have you ever had mochi with red bean paste or mochi icecream?

MadeOfApples
11-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Hawaiian Spaghetti.

Find a recipe on google if interested. My dad use to make it with ham instead of beef. I don't talk to him anymore so I don't know what else he modified. I know that going by the normal recipe, I can't make it taste nearly as good as he made it.

Rodarian
11-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Crispy Lemon slices with Cinnamon powder!! Yum yum!!

Kamiko
11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I love mulligatawny soup. It means "pepper water" but it is insanely delicious. Cooking it is too much for my dormitory kitchen though (;_・)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LjvFGUldz7E/R_cwhQBcfBI/AAAAAAAAPrc/Pmpm8ydohQY/s400/home+014.JPG

qwertysaur
12-01-2009, 02:19 AM
It's almost Latke time!

Ledious
12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
I love mulligatawny soup. It means "pepper water" but it is insanely delicious. Cooking it is too much for my dormitory kitchen though (;_・)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LjvFGUldz7E/R_cwhQBcfBI/AAAAAAAAPrc/Pmpm8ydohQY/s400/home+014.JPG

That would be an awesome dish to cook for her she loves stews and soups. Sounds delicious too ^_^