PDA

View Full Version : Final Japanese Trailer

genesizz257
11-25-2009, 02:02 PM
the Final Japanese Trailer For FF13 is out YouTube - Final Fantasy 13 XIII Final Trailer for Japanese Release (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soFjvx1WM48)... its a really good trailer show's most of the summons, inc bahummut and Alexander .... also has the epic jap theme running in the background.

and by the looks of it its only on PS3 for the japanese

Please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button to add to your previous post if it's still the last in the thread. Thanks! -Rantzien

Formalhaut
11-25-2009, 04:12 PM
One Word.

ALEXANDERS BACK!

On A More Useful Note. That Final Bit At The End With All The Summons Was Really Good. What Is Vanilles Summon? Got Gatling Guns On It.

Freya
11-25-2009, 04:31 PM
That game looks so pretty. :)

crazybayman
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Game looks great. The cut-scenes look amazing.

But what is with these cheesy pop-ballads accompanying otherwise excellent Final Fantasy soundtracks? FFVIII had eyes on me. FFX had Suteki Da Ne. These songs seriously come close to inducing vomiting. :barf:

They certainly do warrant hitting mute.

And once again, here I am watching this incredible looking trailer, with excellent looking cutscenes, accompanied by this inappropriate crap playing in the background.

I know in the case of eyes on me and Suteki Da Ne it is supposed to accompany the love story. Perhaps the same with FFXIII. Still, it just doesn't fit.

Of course, no offense to people who like this type of music. I just can't deal with this Celine Dion-ish music, especially accompanying these fantastic, and seemingly fantastic games.

Anyone else feel the same? Or do most actually like this type of fabricated cliched pop composition?

JKTrix
11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Subtitles YouTube - [HD] "Final" Final Fantasy XIII Trailer - 25/11/09 subbed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nyUxkD-3BU)

If you don't care about subtitles, the official Japanese site has a super high quality version.

FINAL FANTASY XIII (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/) (click 'Trailers'...)

As for the music, I guess it's a Japan thing. Some of the most successful things on TV and movies are the cheesy romance dramas, and the accompanying songs to them tend to be very popular for a good amount of time. It's a decent vehicle for increasing the particular artist's popularity, and it gives the game just one more thing to market to people. Particularly women.

Dreddz
11-25-2009, 05:18 PM
My problem with these trailers Square is putting out is that no-one in their right mind will understand what the heck is going on unless they play the actual game. What exactly is Square trying to tell us with these trailers? Also, the sappy music and romantic scenes just don't translate well into video game form. If I wanted this stuff, I'd watch a damn movie.

On the plus side, the game does look very pretty. And the gameplay looks better every time I see it. March can't come soon enough.

genesizz257
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Game looks great. The cut-scenes look amazing.

But what is with these cheesy pop-ballads accompanying otherwise excellent Final Fantasy soundtracks? FFVIII had eyes on me. FFX had Suteki Da Ne. These songs seriously come close to inducing vomiting. :barf:

They certainly do warrant hitting mute.

And once again, here I am watching this incredible looking trailer, with excellent looking cutscenes, accompanied by this inappropriate crap playing in the background.

I know in the case of eyes on me and Suteki Da Ne it is supposed to accompany the love story. Perhaps the same with FFXIII. Still, it just doesn't fit.

Of course, no offense to people who like this type of music. I just can't deal with this Celine Dion-ish music, especially accompanying these fantastic, and seemingly fantastic games.

Anyone else feel the same? Or do most actually like this type of fabricated cliched pop composition?

ok WTF did you just say ???? that song is epic If you think thats bad this is the :bou::bou::bou::bou: we got stuck with >.< Leona Lewis My Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY)

Elpizo
11-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I'll tell you something: that scene in the end with all of them together on their summons was damn cool and epic. Looking forward to this game. Need a new RPG, anyway, for once I've hunted all 80 rare monsters my Sky Pirates Den in XII will be complete and then I'm 100% done with that game. And aside from XIII, there are no other JRPGs on the PS3 that I don't have yet.

DarkMassacre
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
ok WTF did you just say ???? that song is epic If you think thats bad this is the :bou::bou::bou::bou: we got stuck with >.< Leona Lewis My Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY)

Could anyone provide a source that states that the Japenese song is being replaced with My Hands? No where have I seen anything about that.

Freya
11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
yeah the cheesy jpop got annoying to me. The music was just... annoying. At least the leona lewis song has better music.

Also watching it with the subs it seems a lot of "No you can't trust me I must do this alone!" kinda stuff and friendship crap. I get tired of that :/

Wolf Kanno
11-25-2009, 07:10 PM
I still can't get sucked into the idea of the Summons being transformers... Its cheesy in a bad way especially when you got people talking about destiny and the crystal gods toying with people only to have it interrupted by Bahamut transforming into a hover scooter...

Can't say I'm going to like Hope, he's coming across as a needy child and I can't stand that in real life though I'm betting good money his father is the game's token Cid. The dialogue varied from interesting to sappy but as Dreddz mentioned its all out of context so there really is no point making judgments.

Nice to see more members of PSI-COM and the government of Cocoon so we probably got a glimpse of our villains.

I'm happy to see the world exploration follows XII and is detailed as hell, the dungeons and maps look gorgeous, especially Pulse. Combat looks really good though the numbers going off were a bit insane. 10,000+ damage with one spell and then watching Lightning hit an enemy five times in row for 8000+ damage, I hope SE makes good on their promise for higher difficulty.

The new Dragoon chick is very promising and can say I now have 3 characters I'm looking forward to seeing in the game (Snowe, Sahz, Dragoon chick). I'm annoyed one of my favorite summons (Alexander) is attached to a character I'm disliking more and more. Though its amusing he finally got a total redesign, he almost looks like the Robot soldier from Return to Oz http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KUncSkBpLqc/SY5tvwRvMjI/AAAAAAAAAf0/ldVuZ5q0oVA/s400/return-to-oz.jpg

I thinks its just the robo mustache of course. :eep: I'm now curious to know who gets Siren, Ifrit, and Carbuncle since none of them seem attached to any of the main cast. Siren = Serah, Ifrit = Sahz's son, Carbuncle = freebie?

As for the music, I don't care for either song (English or Japanese) and with the exception of Eyes on Me and Melodies of Life, I've never cared for the pop songs featured in FF titles. The Gackt song at the end of CC kinda ruined the emotions at the end of the game since it was so bad...

At this point, the next milestone will be when the game gets released in Japan as we will finally get a flood of info. I want more gameplay information, I'm done with the story stuff at this point.

Raistlin
11-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Cutscene previews are irrelevant to me, but the gameplay footage looked pretty good. Yeah the music was grating, but hopefully that was just what they used for the trailer.

Rodney
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
I still can't get sucked into the idea of the Summons being transformers... Its cheesy in a bad way especially when you got people talking about destiny and the crystal gods toying with people only to have it interrupted by Bahamut transforming into a hover scooter...
Um . . . it's a futuristic world, Einstein. Or had you forgotten?:aimdumb:

Can't say I'm going to like Hope, he's coming across as a needy child and I can't stand that in real life though I'm betting good money his father is the game's token Cid.
I saw more "unchecked brat" than "needy child" in Hope. But that's okay with me. I love the young boy and young girl characters (eternal love for Krile, Gau, Relm, Yuffie, Zell, Selphie, Vivi, Eiko, Rikku, and Penelo!), so I'm probably going to automatically love Hope (and Vanille, too, of course).

Nice to see more members of PSI-COM and the government of Cocoon so we probably got a glimpse of our villains.
I'll lay you ten to one that Jihl or a superior of hers will be the main villain. Or, hell, maybe the fal'Cie themselves.

The new Dragoon chick is very promising and can say I now have 3 characters I'm looking forward to seeing in the game (Snow, Sazh, Dragoon chick).
Her name is Fang. Oerba Yun Fang.

I'm now curious to know who gets Siren, Ifrit, and Carbuncle since none of them seem attached to any of the main cast. Siren = Serah, Ifrit = Sahz's son, Carbuncle = freebie?
Forget that! I wanna know what the hell Vanille's gonna be summoning!

Wolf Kanno
11-25-2009, 07:44 PM

I haven't forgotten and being futuristic doesn't change the fact its a stupid idea. :p Find a better excuse next time.

I'll lay you ten to one that Jihl or a superior of hers will be the main villain. Or, hell, maybe the fal'Cie themselves.[/quote]

I'm guessing it will be a combination of factors, I see the government of Cocoon and PSI-COM being the villains for a good part of it but I also bet the game will eventually come down to the party battling the crystals as they are the ones really calling the shots in that world.

I'm now curious to know who gets Siren, Ifrit, and Carbuncle since none of them seem attached to any of the main cast. Siren = Serah, Ifrit = Sahz's son, Carbuncle = freebie?

Its either a heavily modified summon we already know or something completely original. Just wait a few days, I bet you will get your answer. ;)

Fynn
11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I haven't forgotten and being futuristic doesn't change the fact its a stupid idea. :p Find a better excuse next time.

I'll lay you ten to one that Jihl or a superior of hers will be the main villain. Or, hell, maybe the fal'Cie themselves.

I'm guessing it will be a combination of factors, I see the government of Cocoon and PSI-COM being the villains for a good part of it but I also bet the game will eventually come down to the party battling the crystals as they are the ones really calling the shots in that world.

Its either a heavily modified summon we already know or something completely original. Just wait a few days, I bet you will get your answer. ;)

The description on FFWiki said it had a lot of hands... Asura?

crazybayman
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
WTF did I just say? Exactly what I typed. Read it again if you have to.

That song is FAR from epic. Its completely cliched, sissy, sappy pop garbage. Seriously. Just chuck a sappy Mariah Carey song on there. Same thing. And there are THOUSANDS of songs just like it.

And yeah, that other song is crap too. I didn't even get 1 min into it and had to shut it off.

Granted, these gals can sing, no doubt about it. However the music is pure $hite.

Something non-lyrical, that is really epic, with some sort of adventure and danger would fit much better. Though I'm sure the game will have loads of that. It can just do without another sappy pop-queen vomit-inducing love ballad. Regardless if there's a love story or not.

Rodney
11-25-2009, 08:28 PM
though I'm betting good money his father is the game's token Cid.
Nope. FFWiki says the token Cid will be a villain for the second game in a row. And he'll be a young guy, it seems.

Fynn
11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
though I'm betting good money his father is the game's token Cid.
Nope. FFWiki says the token Cid will be a villain for the second game in a row. And he'll be a young guy, it seems.

I read somewhere that he is based on Gackt as well. Nomura must have a crush on him or something...

genesizz257
11-25-2009, 09:19 PM
ok WTF did you just say ???? that song is epic If you think thats bad this is the :bou::bou::bou::bou: we got stuck with >.< Leona Lewis My Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY)Could anyone provide a source that states that the Japenese song is being replaced with My Hands? No where have I seen anything about that.

YES i can ... Final Fantasy XIII 13 Presentation With Dev's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOacHYNippc)
about 3 mins in it says it

DarkMassacre
11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
ok WTF did you just say ???? that song is epic If you think thats bad this is the :bou::bou::bou::bou: we got stuck with >.< Leona Lewis My Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qtteb9FBY)Could anyone provide a source that states that the Japenese song is being replaced with My Hands? No where have I seen anything about that.

YES i can ... Final Fantasy XIII 13 Presentation With Dev's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOacHYNippc)
about 3 mins in it says it

Oh that video, I have seen that. I just couldn't understand what that guy was saying. Well that sucks, I actually didn't mind the Japanese theme song. Not a big fan of My Hands but it's not going to send me into conniptions.

Northcrest
11-25-2009, 09:50 PM
from wat i've read on FF-XIII.net ~ Final Fantasy XIII - Versus XIII - Agito XIII (http://www.ff-xiii.net) n Final Fantasy XIII: News, Trailers & Screens ~ Final Fantasy-XIII.net (http://www.finalfantasy-xiii.net) da black haired guy in sanctum is da new cid. then people r guessin dat vanielles eidolon is an original summon used from greek mythology dat is earth based (dat part was just speculations) n it also seems dat some members r runnin out of time bout 2 turn into a cie corpse

Rantz
11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
genesizz257, absolutely do not flame other members like you did earlier. I deleted that post for being rude and pointless, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Nobody benefits from name-calling and it doesn't add to the discussion in any way. Cut it out.

Additionally, see the note I left in your first post about double posting, please. Carry on.

Rodney
11-26-2009, 01:54 AM
from wat i've read on FF-XIII.net ~ Final Fantasy XIII - Versus XIII - Agito XIII (http://www.ff-xiii.net) n Final Fantasy XIII: News, Trailers & Screens ~ Final Fantasy-XIII.net (http://www.finalfantasy-xiii.net) da black haired guy in sanctum is da new cid. then people r guessin dat vanilles eidolon is an original summon used from greek mythology dat is earth based (dat part was just speculations) n it also seems dat some members r runnin out of time bout 2 turn into a cie corpse
I don't think any of them will, though. If any of them do, it won't be till after the final boss is defeated.

Nifleheim7
11-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Japanese TV spot (http://www.gamekyo.com/videofr15843_final-fantasy-xiii-la-pub-japonaise.html)

The awful song once again really ruins it for me.What happened to the epic music this series used to have?:(