PDA

View Full Version : Is Cid cheating on Edea?

Christmas
11-28-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi, I have a very interesting theory to share. This particular old man, headmaster of Balamb garden, alway had young, inncoent and beautiful ladies around him. :bigsmile:

Being a healthy horny middle age man which his wife is alway away from him, do you think he is actually cheating on her? :bigsmile:

EVIDENCE: How do Quistis get promoted to instructor so fast? GENIUS!? More like GENIUS in bed with Cid! :mad2:

Discuss. :monster:

Shiny
11-28-2009, 03:13 AM
Well she does have a whip...

Darth Cid
11-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Brillant theory.

McLovin'
11-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Cid and NORG forever.

Ryushikaze
11-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi, I have a very interesting theory to share. This particular old man, headmaster of Balamb garden, alway had young, inncoent and beautiful ladies around him. :bigsmile:

Being a healthy horny middle age man which his wife is alway away from him, do you think he is actually cheating on her? :bigsmile:

EVIDENCE: How do Quistis get promoted to instructor so fast? GENIUS!? More like GENIUS in bed with Cid! :mad2:

Discuss. :monster:

I agree with the sex for position, but Cid wasn't cheating on Edea with her. Edea had fun with her too.

Moon Rabbits
11-28-2009, 08:40 AM
last poll option ftw.

Rantz
11-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Cid and NORG forever.

"Headmaster Cid, the Garden Master summons you..." :tpg:

Barraza
11-28-2009, 09:21 AM
And not just the good-looking women. Maybe in his old age he's looking a bit beyond the norm? I mean, I was always wondering how SeeD were able to spend so much time on their fashion-sense and hairstyles, considering how busy (presumably) their lives are.

I.e. I'd go gay for Squall and so would Cid.

Serapy
11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I think that one of Cid's reasons being with Matron was helping her to invent the Garden/SEED ideas. If it weren't for these ideas, Matron and Cid wouldn't be together at all.

And I don't think they really love each other. So, it's very possible that they have affairs.

Ryushikaze
11-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Barraza, Cid is 39. Hardly in his old age.

And Serapy, they were married before the orphanage opened, much less Garden.

Christmas
11-29-2009, 09:25 AM
EVERYTHING include the monsters in the training center just to let everyone know! :bigsmile:

jammi567
11-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Ewwwwww. I don't like to think that last one is true. That's definatly too disturbing.

If Cid does :heart: NORG, how would he do it back with Cid?

Christmas
11-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Cid is a dirty old man. If he can do it with a T-Rex in the training Centre, Norg is really nothing. :ursula:

jammi567
11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but all work and no recieving butt sex makes Cid a bored old man.

At least male T-Rex's have a penis to return the favor.

Aerith's Knight
11-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, who wouldn't do Xu?

Hot pixelated action.

Moon Rabbits
11-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Cid is a dirty old man. If he can do it with a T-Rex in the training Centre, Norg is really nothing. :ursula:

Imagine what NORG can do with those long fingers o' his~~~~ :bigsmile::choc:

LunarWeaver
11-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Spread his SeeD around (cheap). Maybe if you lose a game of Triple Triad against him, he makes you...?

McLovin'
11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Maybe Edea is the one cheating...after all how did she become the Ambassador so fast? Some late night action with ol President Deiling?

black orb
11-30-2009, 01:12 AM
>>> Cid cheating on Edea? Ha, dont make me laugh..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Christmas
11-30-2009, 01:32 AM
If that is the case, is Cid a eunuch? :gruffi:

black orb
11-30-2009, 01:39 AM
>>> FF8 Cid obviously had an Erectile Dysfunction, and of course a super hot lady like Edea cant have something that so she just dumped him. Case closed..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Serapy
11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
And Serapy, they were married before the orphanage opened, much less Garden.

Destiny. Cid and Matron are together for a reason. The universe accounts for everything. When the universe detects something (Squall travelling through time) that's occured out of no where in the past, it corrects the course by making Cid and Matron destined to be together beforehand.

Christmas
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
It is also destiny that Cid cheat on Edea. :(

Serapy
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure.

Cid pays for sex with prostitutes?
Would that explain why Cid got very mad at NORG because he wanted more money? Looked like he was pretty short on money...

And remember Rinoa's train mission? The SeeDs paychecks... Hmmm, Cid offered these paychecks for sex with Rinoa because he was short on money?

Christmas
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
It's all destiny.

crazybayman
11-30-2009, 02:53 PM
I'll take the hidden option - Cid Cheating with Kadowaki and Quistis and Xu

YEE-AW

The reason being, is that Balamb's Seeds being mercenaries for hire is just a cover up. Balamb Garden's true purpose is to serve as a whore-house for Cid's pimp operation.

Where is Future Esthar when I need him? He can prove it. Maybe if we all say the name in unison 3 times he'll appear.

Future Esthar!
Future Esthar!
Future Esthar!

Darth Cid
11-30-2009, 06:47 PM
I'll take the hidden option - Cid Cheating with Kadowaki and Quistis and Xu

YEE-AW

The reason being, is that Balamb's Seeds being mercenaries for hire is just a cover up. Balamb Garden's true purpose is to serve as a whore-house for Cid's pimp operation.

Where is Future Esthar when I need him? He can prove it. Maybe if we all say the name in unison 3 times he'll appear.

Future Esthar!
Future Esthar!
Future Esthar!

Try it the name 3 times backwards while listening to Eyes On Me backwards.

Ryushikaze
12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Destiny. Cid and Matron are together for a reason.

Yes. Because- setting aside the lulz of the topic aside for the moment- they most likely loved each other. They didn't just randomly get together with no clue just because the universe said so.

The universe accounts for everything. When the universe detects something (Squall travelling through time) that's occured out of no where in the past, it corrects the course by making Cid and Matron destined to be together beforehand.

So because Squall went back in time to after they were married, the universe made sure they were already married?
And it did this... why?
This is an infalsifiable theory, Serapy.

It is also destiny that Cid cheat on Edea. :(

Is it really cheating when she encourages and enjoys it too?

Serapy
12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Destiny. Cid and Matron are together for a reason.

Yes. Because- setting aside the lulz of the topic aside for the moment- they most likely loved each other. They didn't just randomly get together with no clue just because the universe said so.

They keep thier distance most of the time in VIII... I don't think they actually loved each other.

The universe accounts for everything. When the universe detects something (Squall travelling through time) that's occured out of no where in the past, it corrects the course by making Cid and Matron destined to be together beforehand.

So because Squall went back in time to after they were married, the universe made sure they were already married?
And it did this... why?
This is an infalsifiable theory, Serapy.

Because if Cid and Matron were never together, how can Squall let them know about the garden / seed? That would cause a time paradox

Darth Cid
12-01-2009, 01:30 AM
You manage to turn this joke poll into a serious debate, I applaude you.

Ryushikaze
12-01-2009, 03:49 AM
They keep thier distance most of the time in VIII... I don't think they actually loved each other.

They were apart because EDEA WAS POSSESSED and new she would be a threat. After she gives up her power we see them at the Orphanage, and and at the end of the game, they are again together, with her looking normal.

Because if Cid and Matron were never together, how can Squall let them know about the garden / seed? That would cause a time paradox

1. Her name is Edea.
2. It's not necessary for them to be married for Edea to tell Cid about this fact.
3. It's ALREADY a time paradox.

Back on topic- who do you think Edea got to sleep with as part of her and Cid's open marriage?

Serapy
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM

They were apart because EDEA WAS POSSESSED and new she would be a threat. After she gives up her power we see them at the Orphanage, and and at the end of the game, they are again together, with her looking normal.

If Cid really loved Matron, he would come closer to her, cry with her, or whatever. He didn't. Instead, he used his head to take care of the situation; by ordering the SEEDs to kill the sorceresses.

Cid didn't even look that bad when he's acknowledged that you're ordered to assassinate Edea.

The ending party is a different story. Of course, why wouldn't they be together when everybody else were celebrating?

1. Her name is Edea.

It's Matron. Edea was just a code name for her being a sorceress.

2. It's not necessary for them to be married for Edea to tell Cid about this fact.

Guaranteed financial control and/or preventing lawsuits.

3. It's ALREADY a time paradox.

If it was a time paradox, he wouldn't be able to tell Matron about the ideas at all. Actually, we don't know what kind of impacts do time paradoxes bring in VIII, do we?

Darth Cid
12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Defeating Ultimecia causes the paradox dude.

Ryushikaze
12-01-2009, 08:32 PM
If Cid really loved Matron, he would come closer to her, cry with her, or whatever. He didn't. Instead, he used his head to take care of the situation; by ordering the SEEDs to kill the sorceresses.

Because he is her knight. A sorceress's knight is there to keep her from going crazy, or do horrible things. Or to take her down if she does.

Cid didn't even look that bad when he's acknowledged that you're ordered to assassinate Edea.

Because he knew this day would come. Time paradox, remember? It's why they put Ellone on a boat too.

The ending party is a different story. Of course, why wouldn't they be together when everybody else were celebrating?

Because they're 'together'. And Cid stayed with Edea at the orphanage for a chunk of the game after stepping down as Headmaster.

No, you benighted ninny. Matron isn't a name, it's a title, like nanny.

It is not required for them to be married for Edea to tell Cid about this and let him act on it. In fact, them being married makes the plan more prone to takeover by possessed Edea due to property by the entirety.

If it was a time paradox, he wouldn't be able to tell Matron about the ideas at all. Actually, we don't know what kind of impacts do time paradoxes bring in VIII, do we?

You don't know what a temporal paradox is, do you?
In any case, Squall telling Edea about Garden and SeeD is an information paradox, like handing your past self the plans to a time machine, the same plans you used to build your own machine.

Darth Cid
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Ha, he called you a benighted ninny.

Serapy
12-01-2009, 11:46 PM

Because he is her knight. A sorceress's knight is there to keep her from going crazy, or do horrible things.

Compared to Squall or Seifer, Cid doesn't seem to have the qualities of a knight.

Or to take her down if she does.

That statement of yours is a bit hinting at R=U right there. Squall killing Rinoa in the future because of what she's about to achieve.

Because he knew this day would come. Time paradox, remember? It's why they put Ellone on a boat too.

It doesn't matter where they put Ellone because Ultimecia always will fail. Just like what happened with the Adel situation. After when Squall travels back to the past and informs Matron of the Garden / SEED ideas, time will be set in stone.

Ultimecia is ultra powerful. If you were Ultimecia and when you roll a dice of probabilities of killing someone entirely based on your spells and circumstances, and thier surroundings, some tiny numbers will tell you that you will kill at least one person. Unfortunately, the main characters in VIII have survived without any problem.

Time is set in stone at this point. Hell, if Ultimecia throws a zillion of ice strikes into Squall, he will always survive somehow!

Because they're 'together'. And Cid stayed with Edea at the orphanage for a chunk of the game after stepping down as Headmaster.

I've already gathered that they are together. But them being together doesn't prove that they actually love each other. To me, Cid and Matron are... just one of these regular couples who cares about each other, and that's about it.

No, you benighted ninny. Matron isn't a name, it's a title, like nanny.

Matron is the person who Squall / Co. remember fondly. A person who was kind, nice, lovely and helpful back then. These things are what the party fond of and therefore they simply call her Matron. Squall even calls Edea Matron later in the game, which proves that Squall rather calls her Matron instead of Edea. So, why should they call her Edea, instead of Matron?

When the party were younger, they were never told the 'Edea' word.
The first time when the party hears 'Edea', like she was some bad ass villain who wanted to rule everything.

I'm talking about the real person here, Matron. Not Edea. It's easier to clear up the confusion, too.

Oh, and thanks for calling that name. I'll be sure to add it to my vocabulary, hope you don't mind.

It is not required for them to be married for Edea to tell Cid about this and let him act on it. In fact, them being married makes the plan more prone to takeover by possessed Edea due to property by the entirety.

Perhaps, destiny is what made them marry each other. If they weren't married, there may have been... more worse incidents.

You don't know what a temporal paradox is, do you?
In any case, Squall telling Edea about Garden and SeeD is an information paradox, like handing your past self the plans to a time machine, the same plans you used to build your own machine.

Guess Ellone was wrong, then.

Barraza
12-01-2009, 11:51 PM
OK, so we're all convinced that Cid and Edea have to love each other and be together, that's fine. It's sweet, even.

But we're talking about random, casual, sometimes anonymous sex. Maybe Cid and Edea are together, but that doesn't mean that Cid doesn't get some from Quistis. or squall.

Ryushikaze
12-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Compared to Squall or Seifer, Cid doesn't seem to have the qualities of a knight.

But a night he is.

That statement of yours is a bit hinting at R=U right there. Squall killing Rinoa in the future because of what she's about to achieve.

Instead of doing it in time to prevent the whole scheme.
And it's not 'a hint' at all. It's again an assertion of people to try and support R=U. Hints and evidence are based in facts, not grasping at straws.

It doesn't matter where they put Ellone because Ultimecia always will fail. Just like what happened with the Adel situation. After when Squall travels back to the past and informs Matron of the Garden / SEED ideas, time will be set in stone.

And because of that, Cid must allow Edea to become possessed, must allow SeeD to try and strike his wife down, they must put Ellone on a boat, etc. This explains everything that you say shows Cid didn't love Edea as them going through the motions, but none of that applies to before Squall's trip, so they were acting of their own initiative when the married.
Unless, of course, time is perfectly fixed and there is no free will and no one loves anything because it's just about what time wills.

Ultimecia is ultra powerful. If you were Ultimecia and when you roll a dice of probabilities of killing someone entirely based on your spells and circumstances, and thier surroundings, some tiny numbers will tell you that you will kill at least one person. Unfortunately, the main characters in VIII have survived without any problem.

Or maybe she's not as ultra powerful as you might think.

Time is set in stone at this point. Hell, if Ultimecia throws a zillion of ice strikes into Squall, he will always survive somehow!

All of which means nothing to the period outside of the time loop unless all time is fixed.

I've already gathered that they are together. But them being together doesn't prove that they actually love each other. To me, Cid and Matron are... just one of these regular couples who cares about each other, and that's about it.

'Regular' couples have what is considered love for each other, dweller.
And Edea.

Matron is the person who Squall / Co. remember fondly. A person who was kind, nice, lovely and helpful back then. These things are what the party fond of and therefore they simply call her Matron. Squall even calls Edea Matron later in the game, which proves that Squall rather calls her Matron instead of Edea. So, why should they call her Edea, instead of Matron?

"Nannie is the person who Kermit / Co. remember fondly. A person who was kind, nice, lovely and helpful back then. These things are what the muppets are fond of and therefore they simply call her Nannie. Kermit even calls her Nannie later in life, which proves that Kermit remembers her as Nannie and not anything else. So, why should they call her something other than Nannie?"
Your argument, in a nutshell.
They were kids growing up calling her by her title 'Matron', so it became ingrained. Edea is her name. Matron is her title. She would be Matron Edea Kramer.

The first time when the party hears 'Edea', like she was some bad ass villain who wanted to rule everything.

So, if I grow up calling my best friend's mom by her surname, and only hear her given name when I grow up, her given name isn't real?

I'm talking about the real person here, Matron. Not Edea. It's easier to clear up the confusion, too.

Edea and Matron are the same person. She's Edea even well after Ultimecia has left her. She is Edea even before Ultimecia enters her, in Squall's trip to the past.

Oh, and thanks for calling that name. I'll be sure to add it to my vocabulary, hope you don't mind.

You'd do better to add better grammar and vocabulary to your lexicon first, dweller.

Perhaps, destiny is what made them marry each other. If they weren't married, there may have been... more worse incidents.

Which you say based on?

No, because even if you can't change the past, it's still a paradox.

OK, so we're all convinced that Cid and Edea have to love each other and be together, that's fine. It's sweet, even.

But we're talking about random, casual, sometimes anonymous sex. Maybe Cid and Edea are together, but that doesn't mean that Cid doesn't get some from Quistis. or squall.

Or both!
And let's not even talk about how much of Galbadia Edea slept with.

line_genrou
12-02-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm cracking up here.

Logie
12-02-2009, 03:47 AM
I think he was boning the bridge.

Serapy
12-02-2009, 03:28 PM

But a night he is.

But a day he isn't.

Instead of doing it in time to prevent the whole scheme.
And it's not 'a hint' at all. It's again an assertion of people to try and support R=U. Hints and evidence are based in facts, not grasping at straws.

Yet you called Cid Edea's knight. If I was you, I'd be saying 'Where is this evidence?'. Common sense does not equal evidence!

Cid told us that he will take 'Edea' if she takes too far. Later, he did take her down by allowing the SEEDs to dog her.
Ok, that shouldn't affect Matron. Matron seems to be okay - happy pre- ending.

Squall wants to be Rinoa's knight. Oh, why now?
And in the end, Ultimecia gets killed. Ok, that shouldn't affect anything. Rinoa seems to be okay - happy ending.

Of course, there's no evidence that these are connected. But who cares, this is a Final Fantasy game.

And because of that, Cid must allow Edea to become possessed, must allow SeeD to try and strike his wife down, they must put Ellone on a boat, etc. This explains everything that you say shows Cid didn't love Edea as them going through the motions, but none of that applies to before Squall's trip, so they were acting of their own initiative when the married.
Unless, of course, time is perfectly fixed and there is no free will and no one loves anything because it's just about what time wills.

Just like in Squall's case. At the beginning, he ignores Rinoa and being moody. Etc etc etc. Later into the game, it's becoming more apparent that his attitude's changed and starts to love Rinoa.

I think the Destiny Wall affects Rinoa more than Squall.

Or maybe she's not as ultra powerful as you might think.

How is having any time magic not powerful?

'Regular' couples have what is considered love for each other, dweller.
And Edea.

I'm talking about the couples in VIII, stop applying real life standards to VIII too much!

"Nannie is the person who Kermit / Co. remember fondly. A person who was kind, nice, lovely and helpful back then. These things are what the muppets are fond of and therefore they simply call her Nannie. Kermit even calls her Nannie later in life, which proves that Kermit remembers her as Nannie and not anything else. So, why should they call her something other than Nannie?"
Your argument, in a nutshell.
They were kids growing up calling her by her title 'Matron', so it became ingrained. Edea is her name. Matron is her title. She would be Matron Edea Kramer.

No. If they call her Edea now, they will remember the 'Shooting at her' incident. They don't want to remember that, so they call her Matron. This is evident later into the game.

So, if I grow up calling my best friend's mom by her surname, and only hear her given name when I grow up, her given name isn't real?

No, I didn't say that.

When you think of Edea in your head. What would she look like? That's my point...

Edea and Matron are the same person. She's Edea even well after Ultimecia has left her. She is Edea even before Ultimecia enters her, in Squall's trip to the past.

Squall calls her Matron at that point in the childhood past. He knows that Edea is her name, but he called her Matron anyway.

Of course they are the same person.

You'd do better to add better grammar and vocabulary to your lexicon first, dweller.

Touché. It's becoming more apparent that your criticism of my English and calling me names are now part of your agruements. How illogical! :roll2:roll2:roll2:roll2

Which you say based on?

If they weren't married, they would be facing the Incident like in Lost.

No, because even if you can't change the past, it's still a paradox.

So, is there something Ellone or Dr. Odine not telling us ... ?

:rolleyes2

Ryushikaze
12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
But a day he isn't.

And so he is a 'Kanigget.'

Yet you called Cid Edea's knight. If I was you, I'd be saying 'Where is this evidence?'. Common sense does not equal evidence!

All Sorceresses must have knights, lest they go crazy. This is an established fact of the series. As no one else acts as her knight, it makes sense that it would be Cid. Now, it COULD be someone else, but that would be aparsimonious.

Cid told us that he will take 'Edea' if she takes too far. Later, he did take her down by allowing the SEEDs to dog her.

Edea is Matron. There is no distinction between the two. Edea does not stop being either Matron or Edea during her possession.

And in the end, Ultimecia gets killed. Ok, that shouldn't affect anything. Rinoa seems to be okay - happy ending.

So she'll be okay. So she won't have to be taken out.

Of course, there's no evidence that these are connected. But who cares, this is a Final Fantasy game.

And that attitude is why you fail.

Just like in Squall's case. At the beginning, he ignores Rinoa and being moody. Etc etc etc. Later into the game, it's becoming more apparent that his attitude's changed and starts to love Rinoa.

So, Squall is the one whose opinion changes, yet Rinoa is more affected.
And how does this prove Cid doesn't love Edea? Because if destiny forced them to get married, it could and would make sure they loved each other too.

ANY time magic? JME is not her magic. Time compression required JME and the original ellone to cast. It was her attempt to gain more power.

I'm talking about the couples in VIII, stop applying real life standards to VIII too much!

And that is why you fail. FFVIII only makes sense through the lens of the real world we compare it to.

No. If they call her Edea now, they will remember the 'Shooting at her' incident. They don't want to remember that, so they call her Matron. This is evident later into the game.

They call her Matron because they called her that their entire life. This does not mean her name is not Edea, as she is referred to at all times by the game, her stat block, the Ultimania, etc.
Again, this is like saying I called someone whose real name is Katherine 'Gaga' growing up, and if I still call her 'Gaga', her name is not Katherine.

No, I didn't say that.

When you think of Edea in your head. What would she look like? That's my point...

I think of the woman who Cid married, who ran and orphanage, and who was later possessed. A woman who was called Matron by those children she cared for.

Squall calls her Matron at that point in the childhood past. He knows that Edea is her name, but he called her Matron anyway.

So you are essentially making a giant fuss out of nothing, because any half sane person who plays this game can easily distinguish between Free Edea and Possessed Edea without having to insist that there is some important distinction between 'Edea' and 'Matron'

Touché. It's becoming more apparent that your criticism of my English and calling me names are now part of your agruements. How illogical! :roll2:roll2:roll2:roll2

No, dweller, they are ancillary criticisms of your arguments. I would never be so petty as to make such an ad hominem in place of duly criticizing the fallacious trolljobs that are your arguments.

Which is, and which you know would apply in this instance BECAUSE?

No, but there's something you don't understand about the nature of causality and paradox.

I'm sorry, bridge dweller, did you forget this is a 'for the lulz' topic?

Serapy
12-02-2009, 11:58 PM
But a day he isn't.

And so he is a 'Kanigget.'

And so he is a 'Tegginak.'

All Sorceresses must have knights, lest they go crazy. This is an established fact of the series. As no one else acts as her knight, it makes sense that it would be Cid. Now, it COULD be someone else, but that would be aparsimonious.

Adel had a knight? It seems that he/she failed at protecting Adel, then. Or perhaps, she didn't have a knight the whole time.

No, Seifer doesn't count.

Edea is Matron. There is no distinction between the two. Edea does not stop being either Matron or Edea during her possession.

And your point being? I've never once said that they are different persons.

So she'll be okay. So she won't have to be taken out.

Regardless of how bad the situation is.

And that attitude is why you fail.

Please justify that that wasn't a personal attack. You're the one who called me undefined names- such names that are replaced with actual swearing words to escape the forum's rules.

We are arguing about VIII, not about ourselves. You have just proved how illogical your statement really is.

So, Squall is the one whose opinion changes, yet Rinoa is more affected.

Because Squall is the main character. If he keeps the same due to destiny, that would be boring.

And how does this prove Cid doesn't love Edea? Because if destiny forced them to get married, it could and would make sure they loved each other too.

Of course, destiny can't just make them marry each other and have Cid act like 'What's happening!?'

ANY time magic? JME is not her magic. Time compression required JME and the original ellone to cast. It was her attempt to gain more power.

No, I'm talking about her own spells. So, how are her spells not powerful? For example, her manifiesting ability.

Sure, these aren't powerful in terms of destiny, but ...

And that is why you fail. FFVIII only makes sense through the lens of the real world we compare it to.

Some, but not all. Also, :rolleyes2:rolleyes2.

They call her Matron because they called her that their entire life. This does not mean her name is not Edea, as she is referred to at all times by the game, her stat block, the Ultimania, etc.
Again, this is like saying I called someone whose real name is Katherine 'Gaga' growing up, and if I still call her 'Gaga', her name is not Katherine.

No. They call her Matron simply because of thier memories in the past. It doesn't make Matron any different than Edea. I'm calling her Matron because I'm sided with the party.

No, I didn't say that.

I think of the woman who Cid married, who ran and orphanage, and who was later possessed. A woman who was called Matron by those children she cared for.

Well, that doesn't work like that for me. Whenever I think of something in my head, I draw a visual image.

So you are essentially making a giant fuss out of nothing, because any half sane person who plays this game can easily distinguish between Free Edea and Possessed Edea without having to insist that there is some important distinction between 'Edea' and 'Matron'

I didn't start this, you know. I called her Matron and look at what happened after that.

No, dweller, they are ancillary criticisms of your arguments. I would never be so petty as to make such an ad hominem in place of duly criticizing the fallacious trolljobs that are your arguments.

If you were actually criticising my agruements, you would be saying things like 'stupid agruement', 'bad agruement', or something like that. Calling the responsible person names directly, who made certain arguements, have nothing to do with 'criticising my arguements.' In other words,

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7663/popop.jpg

Black line is fine.
Blue line is not cool. Meh, this is the Internet after all.

Which is, and which you know would apply in this instance BECAUSE?

Because I said so.

No, but there's something you don't understand about the nature of causality and paradox.

You have never experienced them within the game. So, please elaborate. As you recall, time travel in VIII is not exactly the same as the one time travel theory in real life.

I'm sorry, bridge dweller, did you forget this is a 'for the lulz' topic?

Yet you quoted all of my text in the first place.

Rantz
12-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Keep it civil, guys. I don't want to have to start actually reading all these posts to see if you're crossing the line.

arcanedude34
12-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Now now, don't make me get Cid in here to give you both detention.

YOU DO NOT WANT DETENTION WITH CID.

You'll be able to shove an apple up your ass for about a month afterwards.

Ryushikaze
12-03-2009, 12:52 AM

And so you've lost the flow of the joke.

Adel had a knight? It seems that he/she failed at protecting Adel, then. Or perhaps, she didn't have a knight the whole time.

Adel not having a Knight is considered why she went insane and corrupted so badly, yes.

No, just that 'Matron' is her real name and 'Edea' isn't.

Yes, Squall will be there by her side even if the whole world is against her. No Squall by Ultimecia's side.
R!=U.

Please justify that that wasn't a personal attack. You're the one who called me undefined names- such names that are replaced with actual swearing words to escape the forum's rules.

'Who cares, it doesn't matter, it's just a FF' is the very reason your theories generally fail. Because they fail to account for variables they should because you don't think they are important, 'because it's just a FF'

We are arguing about VIII, not about ourselves. You have just proved how illogical your statement really is.

No, because my statement has perfect relevance. It is a quote meaning that 'Your mindset has kept you from succeeding'. Yoda, anyone?

Because Squall is the main character. If he keeps the same due to destiny, that would be boring.

But he's the one changing, not Rinoa. So how is HE less affected?

Of course, destiny can't just make them marry each other and have Cid act like 'What's happening!?'

So, in short, your ENTIRE ARGUMENT is a non starter, since their being married due to 'destiny' is no different than their being married due to love, since destiny will make them love each other.

No, I'm talking about her own spells. So, how are her spells not powerful? For example, her manifiesting ability.

Manifesting ability? Possessing people with JME, you mean?

Interpersonal relationships are ESPECIALLY the sort of thing we can only properly understand by comparing them to real world examples.

No. They call her Matron simply because of thier memories in the past. It doesn't make Matron any different than Edea. I'm calling her Matron because I'm sided with the party.

... Even though it is completely and utterly unnecessary, and the very game itself calls her Edea?

Well, that doesn't work like that for me. Whenever I think of something in my head, I draw a visual image.

How does that change anything? So do I. But I can hold Edea at the orphanage, Edea possessed, and Edea at the end all with just one name.

I didn't start this, you know. I called her Matron and look at what happened after that.

Yes, I said her name was Edea, and you went on a crusade to justify a 'difference' of some sort between Edea and 'Matron'

If you were actually criticising my agruements, you would be saying things like 'stupid agruement', 'bad agruement', or something like that. Calling the responsible person names directly, who made certain arguements, have nothing to do with 'criticising my arguements.' In other words,

Black line is fine.

If I attack your argument and then make an attack against you personally, I am still attacking your argument. No fallacy has been committed.
Interestingly, however, your diagram DOES commit a fallacy, again that of the strawman, in which you have failed to note your statements which prompted my comments towards you- based originally on your strawmanning, hilariously enough- and reducing all that I have said, the vast majority of my responses to you, in direct criticism of your theories, not you, to simply 'bad'. I have been more than patient, more than eloquent in explaining why your theories are baseless. It is only when you have said such things as 'Parsimony and logic are bad' and have strawmanned my responses or otherwise acted without intellectual honesty that such invectives have been directed your way, and not undeservedly, in my opinion.

Because I said so.

Concession duly accepted for neither explaining this incident or why it would apply were the two not married.

You have never experienced them within the game. So, please elaborate. As you recall, time travel in VIII is not exactly the same as the one time travel theory in real life.

Paradox is paradox even in a 'fixed' temporal concept.

I know I did. I did it for the Lulz!

Keep it civil, guys. I don't want to have to start actually reading all these posts to see if you're crossing the line.

I don't think I am, but I'll try and keep my temper in check, even when he says evidence, logic, parsimony, etc. are useless and deserves wrath directed at him.

arcanedude34
12-03-2009, 01:00 AM
I guess since Cid is Robin Williams, there were those things with Valerie Velardi and Marsha Garces Williams...

Christmas
12-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Sometimes Serapy for you, a question like this thread topic can be answered by a simple Yes or No from you. :hat:

crazybayman
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
So THAT'S why Irvine is so confident with the ladies.

My First Sex Teacher
Starring Edea
and Irvine

Serapy
12-03-2009, 09:47 PM

And so you've lost the flow of the joke.

My previous statement didn't cause any loss, and therefore, I don't see how this kind of outcome supports your claim. After all, I've only spelt 'Kanigget' backwards.

Adel not having a Knight is considered why she went insane and corrupted so badly, yes.

So, according to your logic, Ultimecia went insane because she didn't have a knight with her?

No, just that 'Matron' is her real name and 'Edea' isn't.

How should we feel in this instance? Come on, we can't just ignore feelings and focus on facts instead. That's utterly impossible, especially in Squall's case.

Yes, Squall will be there by her side even if the whole world is against her. No Squall by Ultimecia's side.
R!=U.

Cid was willing to take 'Edea' down. If Cid was Squall, I doubt he would have done the same thing. If the Wall of Destiny told Squall to kill Rinoa, I doubt he would do it either.

'Who cares, it doesn't matter, it's just a FF' is the very reason your theories generally fail. Because they fail to account for variables they should because you don't think they are important, 'because it's just a FF'

Wait, one tiny statement can become a theory?

No, because my statement has perfect relevance. It is a quote meaning that 'Your mindset has kept you from succeeding'. Yoda, anyone?

Arguments do not equal to actual persons. Most of all, arguments do not entirely reflect a person. So, calling names is completely irrelevant.
However, if my argument was based on ourselves, then that's a different story.

You base your knowledge on making an argument. So, how arguments and personalities/attitudes are connected is way beyond me.

My agruement is based on VIII, and your response included a criticism of my English which was completely irrelevant and unnecessary. Knowing that it's impossible to be correct at all the time, so how is getting called names if I become wrong is way beyond me. And, I cannot think of a reason how is that not illogical!

You calling me names and criticising my English as a result of you being annoyed by my responses, which is most likely to be the culprit.

But he's the one changing, not Rinoa. So how is HE less affected?

Destiny smashed him at the end. Fortunately, he's survived.

So, in short, your ENTIRE ARGUMENT is a non starter, since their being married due to 'destiny' is no different than their being married due to love, since destiny will make them love each other.

Them meeting each other was the turning point and that was it.

Manifesting ability? Possessing people with JME, you mean?

Pulling something out of some egg.

Interpersonal relationships are ESPECIALLY the sort of thing we can only properly understand by comparing them to real world examples.

We can relate to things such as personalities, relationships, clothes etc. We don't easily relate to things that don't exist in reality. Those things that don't exist in reality are more difficult to analyse, especially when not being told in dialogues.

... Even though it is completely and utterly unnecessary, and the very game itself calls her Edea?

Then why did the game make Squall and Co. call her Matron? These are the good guys, and I'm siding with them!

Wait a second, you said that Matron is a nurse title. That's funny, then. Squall and the party calling her NURSE NURSE... N.U.R.S.E NURRRRRRRRSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok, it wasn't your fault!

How does that change anything? So do I. But I can hold Edea at the orphanage, Edea possessed, and Edea at the end all with just one name.

I don't think it changes anything. On some note, though, can you teach me how to make my 'Edea' variable declare a visual image of black clothes, long hair and kind words? I would appreciate it.

Yes, I said her name was Edea, and you went on a crusade to justify a 'difference' of some sort between Edea and 'Matron'

You said that it was Edea, not Matron. So, what was I supposed to do then? After I replied back, then you reply back and the cycle keeps repeating.

Black line is fine.

If I attack your argument and then make an attack against you personally, I am still attacking your argument. No fallacy has been committed.

Calling me names to attack my arguments... Indirectly, yes. Directly, no.

Interestingly, however, your diagram DOES commit a fallacy, again that of the strawman, in which you have failed to note your statements which prompted my comments towards you- based originally on your strawmanning, hilariously enough- and reducing all that I have said, the vast majority of my responses to you, in direct criticism of your theories, not you, to simply 'bad'.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9247/popop2.jpg

Better? The only difference is that I didn't call you names or criticise your English. That's why I didn't add a line from my lolbox to your lolbox.

As for the 'bad' word, your responses to my statements were negative. The 'bad' word has a negative effect too. The diagram would be huge if I added actual words.

I have been more than patient, more than eloquent in explaining why your theories are baseless. It is only when you have said such things as 'Parsimony and logic are bad' and have strawmanned my responses or otherwise acted without intellectual honesty that such invectives have been directed your way, and not undeservedly, in my opinion.

What can I say?

Because I said so.

Concession duly accepted for neither explaining this incident or why it would apply were the two not married.

I meant that if they have never met before, the answer would be obvious, wouldn't it?

Paradox is paradox even in a 'fixed' temporal concept.

But the point still remains, we have never experienced them within the game. How can we know for sure?

I know I did. I did it for the Lulz!

This thread is warranted enough to be not serious?

Ryushikaze
12-04-2009, 01:42 AM
My previous statement didn't cause any loss, and therefore, I don't see how this kind of outcome supports your claim. After all, I've only spelt 'Kanigget' backwards.

Yes, and Kagnigget is a phonetic spelling of the 'ye olde' pronunciation of Knight.

So, according to your logic, Ultimecia went insane because she didn't have a knight with her?

It's highly likely.

How should we feel in this instance? Come on, we can't just ignore feelings and focus on facts instead. That's utterly impossible, especially in Squall's case.

You want us to IGNORE FACTS in a discussion on what someone's Real IE- Factual name is?
Oi.

Cid was willing to take 'Edea' down. If Cid was Squall, I doubt he would have done the same thing. If the Wall of Destiny told Squall to kill Rinoa, I doubt he would do it either.

Even though Squall promised Rinoa that he'd make sure she never harmed anyone. It wouldn't be this 'wall of destiny' concept you made up, which somehow some people can resist and others can forcing his hand, but his own promise.

That is typically how it works. Though to be more precise, it must first become a hypothesis, then be tested, then be graduated to theory.

Arguments do not equal to actual persons. Most of all, arguments do not entirely reflect a person. So, calling names is completely irrelevant.

You base your knowledge on making an argument. So, how arguments and personalities/attitudes are connected is way beyond me.

My agruement is based on VIII, and your response included a criticism of my English which was completely irrelevant and unnecessary. Knowing that it's impossible to be correct at all the time, so how is getting called names if I become wrong is way beyond me. And, I cannot think of a reason how is that not illogical!

A criticism of your English that was not the criticism of your argument but completely ancillary to such.
And your English IS important because you need at least comprehensible English to express your concepts clearly.

You calling me names and criticising my English as a result of you being annoyed by my responses, which is most likely to be the culprit.

And now you're engaging in playing the victim and making Ad Hominems against me, making your actions just as bad if not worse than any personal attacks I made ancillary to criticisms of your arguments.

This notion does not address why if SQUALL was changing, Destiny was affecting RINOA.

Again, making their 'they didn't love each other, it was destiny' completely baseless and meaningless even in your own arguments.

Could you be less vague?

We can relate to things such as personalities, relationships, clothes etc. We don't easily relate to things that don't exist in reality. Those things that don't exist in reality are more difficult to analyse, especially when not being told in dialogues.

Even if this were completely true, it agrees with my assesment that interpersonal relationships are the things we can most analogize to real word relationships.

Then why did the game make Squall and Co. call her Matron? These are the good guys, and I'm siding with them!

They are children who raised her. Her HUSBAND calls her Edea. He is also a good guy.

Wait a second, you said that Matron is a nurse title. That's funny, then. Squall and the party calling her NURSE NURSE... N.U.R.S.E NURRRRRRRRSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok, it wasn't your fault!

... I did not use the word 'nurse' at all, Serapy. I SAID 'Matron' is a title. It CAN be a title for a nurse, but it can be a title for women in other positions, such as police, heads of orphanages (hint hint) and other roles.

I don't think it changes anything. On some note, though, can you teach me how to make my 'Edea' variable declare a visual image of black clothes, long hair and kind words? I would appreciate it.

Why must it be taught?

You said that it was Edea, not Matron. So, what was I supposed to do then? After I replied back, then you reply back and the cycle keeps repeating.

You were acting like Matron was her name. I said Edea was her name. Matron is her title, a nickname perhaps, but only relevant in the context of her running an orphanage.

No. My name calling of you is not an attack on your arguments. My attacks on your arguments are.

[QUOTE]Better? The only difference is that I didn't call you names or criticise your English. That's why I didn't add a line from my lolbox to your lolbox.

No, not better. Because you have not been shooting down the common sense reasons why your arguments are bad, going on red herring tangents, strawmanning me, all of which is worse than a little name calling in a debate.

As for the 'bad' word, your responses to my statements were negative. The 'bad' word has a negative effect too. The diagram would be huge if I added actual words.

But you are paring it down to 'bad' instead of 'counterargument' or 'response'

What can I say?

You can start by using the common logical rules of rational discourse that you should be using.

I meant that if they have never met before, the answer would be obvious, wouldn't it?

What prevents it from working with someone else?
And even then 'had never met' is a major goalpost shift from 'if they weren't married'.
Goalpost shifting is another reprehensible debating tactic.

But the point still remains, we have never experienced them within the game. How can we know for sure?

We HAVE experienced a paradox in game. The information paradox.

This thread was intended to not be serious.

Serapy
12-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Yes, and Kagnigget is a phonetic spelling of the 'ye olde' pronunciation of Knight.

Thgink fo noitaicnunorp 'edlo ey' eht fo gnilleps citenohp a si teggingak dna, sey.

It's highly likely.

So, Adel doesn't have a knight and thereby she goes insane. You used this conclusion to claim that Ultimecia went insane because she didn't have a knight?

Circular reasoning at its best.

You want us to IGNORE FACTS in a discussion on what someone's Real IE- Factual name is?
Oi.

Her mindset isn't fact, though!

Even though Squall promised Rinoa that he'd make sure she never harmed anyone. It wouldn't be this 'wall of destiny' concept you made up, which somehow some people can resist and others can forcing his hand, but his own promise.

I didn't make it up. The game did. Time becomes set in stone after Squall's conversation with 'Edea' at the beginning. Everything between that timeline and the timeline when Ultimecia dies become destined.

That is typically how it works. Though to be more precise, it must first become a hypothesis, then be tested, then be graduated to theory.

Then my tiny statement isn't a theory.

A criticism of your English that was not the criticism of your argument but completely ancillary to such.
And your English IS important because you need at least comprehensible English to express your concepts clearly.

You corrected some of my words. My misspelt words were already obvious enough to be acknowledged. I only missed a letter, or obvious because I put a wrong letter. So, how is that not obvious? Therefore, correcting these obvious words are not warranted enough to support your point, and thus, it has nothing to do with our arguments.

And now you're engaging in playing the victim and making Ad Hominems against me, making your actions just as bad if not worse than any personal attacks I made ancillary to criticisms of your arguments.

I didn't start it, though!

This notion does not address why if SQUALL was changing, Destiny was affecting RINOA.

Who made everything become destined? That person was Squall. That's why.

Again, making their 'they didn't love each other, it was destiny' completely baseless and meaningless even in your own arguments.

So are your counter claims.

Could you be less vague?

Pulling Griever out of Squall's head. All of our heads are shaped like eggs.

Even if this were completely true, it agrees with my assesment that interpersonal relationships are the things we can most analogize to real word relationships.

Therefore, we cannot just base on our laws to analyse VIII's nonexistent things.

They are children who raised her. Her HUSBAND calls her Edea. He is also a good guy.

As for him being a good guy is debatable. It really depends on your view on Good / Evil.

... I did not use the word 'nurse' at all, Serapy. I SAID 'Matron' is a title. It CAN be a title for a nurse, but it can be a title for women in other positions, such as police, heads of orphanages (hint hint) and other roles.

See? They call her Matron for a reason.

Why must it be taught?

So then I'll concede to your argument.

You were acting like Matron was her name. I said Edea was her name. Matron is her title, a nickname perhaps, but only relevant in the context of her running an orphanage.

She no longer runs an orphanage and yet they are still calling her Matron.

Calling me names to attack my arguments... Indirectly, yes. Directly, no.

No. My name calling of you is not an attack on your arguments. My attacks on your arguments are.

How is calling someone names not directed?

Better? The only difference is that I didn't call you names or criticise your English. That's why I didn't add a line from my lolbox to your lolbox.

No, not better. Because you have not been shooting down the common sense reasons why your arguments are bad, going on red herring tangents, strawmanning me, all of which is worse than a little name calling in a debate.

Common sense and logic aren't that important.

As for the 'bad' word, your responses to my statements were
negative. The 'bad' word has a negative effect too. The diagram would be huge if I added actual words.

But you are paring it down to 'bad' instead of 'counterargument' or 'response'

LOL! Why does this diagram have to be more scientific? It looks pretty equal to me.

What can I say?

You can start by using the common logical rules of rational discourse that you should be using.

I already have done that.

What prevents it from working with someone else?

If Squall told Edea the idea of SEEDs / Gardens, and later Edea never shared it someone else (e.g. Cid), what would happen?

And even then 'had never met' is a major goalpost shift from 'if they weren't married'.
Goalpost shifting is another reprehensible debating tactic.

Them getting married or not isn't relevant.

We HAVE experienced a paradox in game. The information paradox.

That's not even a paradox! I'm talking about paradoxes that blow up the whole universe!

This thread was intended to not be serious.

I'm not that cruel, don't blame me.

Ryushikaze
12-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Thgink fo noitaicnunorp 'edlo ey' eht fo gnilleps citenohp a si teggingak dna, sey.

Nope. Not amusing.

So, Adel doesn't have a knight and thereby she goes insane. You used this conclusion to claim that Ultimecia went insane because she didn't have a knight?

No, it's not circular reasoning. We know Adel went crazy for lack of a knight. It's known in universe sorceresses go crazy for lack of a knight. Ultimecia is crazy AND has no knight. Hardly circular.

Her mindset, however, is irrelevant, regarding what her name is.

I didn't make it up. The game did. Time becomes set in stone after Squall's conversation with 'Edea' at the beginning. Everything between that timeline and the timeline when Ultimecia dies become destined.

Which A: Doesn't affect the relationship between Cid and Edea which occurred before this, and B: would affect everyone after it period, making your excuses for Cid not loving Edea utterly moot.

I know you're completely desperate to avoid having to back up all of your assertions, but theory, hypothesis, assertion, they all suffer the burden of proof.

You corrected some of my words. My misspelt words were already obvious enough to be acknowledged. I only missed a letter, or obvious because I put a wrong letter. So, how is that not obvious? Therefore, correcting these obvious words are not warranted enough to support your point, and thus, it has nothing to do with our arguments.

Hence why I called them ancillary to the actual arguments. But it's not just misspelled words, kiddo. You're nigh incomprehensible at times.

Which, AGAIN, does not address why Rinoa, not Squall, is affected while Squall is changing.

So now it's down to a 'I know you are but what am I' slap fest?
All my counterarguments are are pointing out gaps in your logic.

No they aren't, and this isn't 'pulling something out of an egg' any more than any other drawing of a GF is.

Therefore, we cannot just base on our laws to analyse VIII's nonexistent things.

But RELATIONSHIPS are not among those things, so it's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

As for him being a good guy is debatable. It really depends on your view on Good / Evil.

THE GAME ITSELF calls her EDEA.

I never said they didn't, and acting like I did is just another strawman. My argument is simply that EDEA IS HER NAME and MATRON IS NOTHING BUT A TITLE.

Because how do they know her from? The context of her running an orphanage.

Because it's not directed at your arguments, but the way you've been conducting yourself. Unless you're trying to say you're criticizing my counterarguments by getting mad at me 'calling you names'

YES THEY ARE. They are fundamental.

LOL! Why does this diagram have to be more scientific? It looks pretty equal to me.

The diagram is utterly unnecessary in the first place.

No you haven't. You've even declared logic and common sense unnecessary, refuse to fulfill your burden of proof, commonly address things other than my counterarguments, and generally act in poor debate fashion.

If Squall told Edea the idea of SEEDs / Gardens, and later Edea never shared it someone else (e.g. Cid), what would happen?

Again, what keeps Edea from simply telling someone else?

You previously said it was.

That's not even a paradox! I'm talking about paradoxes that blow up the whole universe!

The information paradox IS a paradox.
Not all paradoxes needs to explode the known universe.

That makes absolutely no gorram sense.

line_genrou
12-05-2009, 02:56 AM
Wow...

Rad Bromance
12-05-2009, 03:05 AM
I'm thinking him and Xu had something going...

Serapy
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM

Nope. Not amusing.

I'm not surprised.

No, it's not circular reasoning. We know Adel went crazy for lack of a knight. It's known in universe sorceresses go crazy for lack of a knight. Ultimecia is crazy AND has no knight. Hardly circular.

It's not circular reasoning, how? You've used the 'universe sorceresses go crazy for lack of a knight' premise to claim that Ultimecia and Adel went crazy simply because they lack thier own knights.

We cannot just assume that, because the backstory of Adel within the game isn't widely available, let alone Ultimecia's. We do not know what happened to themselves before the events that have brought them here.

The game has shown us Adel's imprisonment. So, I firmly believe that Adel went crazy due to her imprisonment. How can anybody not to become insane after being imprisoned for a long period of time?

Her mindset, however, is irrelevant, regarding what her name is.

Her mindset changes when she's possessed. How is that not relevant?

Which A: Doesn't affect the relationship between Cid and Edea which occurred before this, and B: would affect everyone after it period, making your excuses for Cid not loving Edea utterly moot.

But everything in that destined timeline cannot just appear magically or appear out of no where so that destiny can be followed. Everything before that timeline must be fixed in order to fuel the wall of Destiny.

I know you're completely desperate to avoid having to back up all of your assertions, but theory, hypothesis, assertion, they all suffer the burden of proof.

The burden of proof also lands on yourself if you want to disprove my statements. But that's irrelevant anyway, because this is not a theory. What I did was along the lines of "What could this [insert thing here] mean, and then I express my opinion." That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm asserting my opinion as fact.

Hence why I called them ancillary to the actual arguments. But it's not just misspelled words, kiddo. You're nigh incomprehensible at times.

Thank you, sir.

Which, AGAIN, does not address why Rinoa, not Squall, is affected while Squall is changing.

It wasn't just Rinoa that's affected

So now it's down to a 'I know you are but what am I' slap fest?
All my counterarguments are are pointing out gaps in your logic.

That's pretty hardcore. Pointing out gaps in anybody's opinion that's about the game.

No they aren't, and this isn't 'pulling something out of an egg' any more than any other drawing of a GF is.

Oh?

But RELATIONSHIPS are not among those things, so it's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

I wasn't talking about relationships, I was talking about things such as time travel, time paradoxes and magic.

THE GAME ITSELF calls her EDEA.

But the game itself made Squall call her Matron.

I never said they didn't, and acting like I did is just another strawman. My argument is simply that EDEA IS HER NAME and MATRON IS NOTHING BUT A TITLE.

I have never neglected the fact that herself is actually Edea, not Matron. I was just trying to point out why Squall and the party called her Matron.

Because how do they know her from? The context of her running an orphanage.

They've learnt that Matron is Edea, and later into the game (especially at the ending), they still call her Matron.

They do not want to call her Edea because of what exactly happened at Deling's city.

Because it's not directed at your arguments, but the way you've been conducting yourself. Unless you're trying to say you're criticizing my counterarguments by getting mad at me 'calling you names'

That was what I was trying to say. Anything that is pointed at things other than arguments are indirected, and therefore irrelevant. Well, me replying to your counterclaims regarding English was of course irrelevant, but I didn't start it!

YES THEY ARE. They are fundamental.

Isn't fantasy a pleasant situation that you enjoy thinking about, but which is unlikely to happen, or the activity of thinking itself? I don't see common sense or logic in that!

The diagram is utterly unnecessary in the first place.

I drew it to explain things better. It's not my fault as my English is terribly horrific.

No you haven't. You've even declared logic and common sense unnecessary, refuse to fulfill your burden of proof, commonly address things other than my counterarguments, and generally act in poor debate fashion.

I already have! You're just refusing to believe them because they don't make sense in terms of fantasy.

Again, what keeps Edea from simply telling someone else?

If Cid was nonexistent, imagine her telling one of the kids, "Yo, let's put some seed on the garden!"

I think she was lonely. And Cid just came out of no where to save her. All hail to Destiny, respect!

You previously said it was.

I wronged that word, sorry.
It's not relevant because of Destiny.

The information paradox IS a paradox.
Not all paradoxes needs to explode the known universe.

I think I need to get some drink.

That makes absolutely no gorram sense.

How did this thread start from not serious to serious? I voiced my opinion in a very respectable manner and then ... all hell breaks loose!

Ryushikaze
12-07-2009, 05:11 AM
I'm not surprised.

So you knew it was a bad idea.

It's not circular reasoning, how? You've used the 'universe sorceresses go crazy for lack of a knight' premise to claim that Ultimecia and Adel went crazy simply because they lack thier own knights.

I've used a previous established fact regarding how sorceresses go insane sans knights to explain why two insane sorceresses sans knights have gone mad.

We cannot just assume that, because the backstory of Adel within the game isn't widely available, let alone Ultimecia's. We do not know what happened to themselves before the events that have brought them here.

Coming from you, THAT'S the height of hypocrisy.

The game has shown us Adel's imprisonment. So, I firmly believe that Adel went crazy due to her imprisonment. How can anybody not to become insane after being imprisoned for a long period of time?

She was crazy beforehand, spanky.

Because it's irrelevant to what her name factually is.

But everything in that destined timeline cannot just appear magically or appear out of no where so that destiny can be followed. Everything before that timeline must be fixed in order to fuel the wall of Destiny.

So ALL TIME is fixed, making ALL OF THIS moot.

The burden of proof also lands on yourself if you want to disprove my statements.

No it doesn't. The default claim is the only one free from the burden of proof.

But that's irrelevant anyway, because this is not a theory. What I did was along the lines of "What could this [insert thing here] mean, and then I express my opinion." That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm asserting my opinion as fact.

Then concede this as ABSOLUTELY nothing more than your opinion, and not based in the game at all.

Thank you, sir.

That was not a compliment.

So then bringing up Rinoa in the first place was COMPLETELY POINTLESS. Glad we settled that.

That's pretty hardcore. Pointing out gaps in anybody's opinion that's about the game.

You can hide behind 'opinion' all you want, but unless it's PURELY subjective, you still have to support it somehow.

Oh?

Heads are not egg shaped.

I wasn't talking about relationships, I was talking about things such as time travel, time paradoxes and magic.

Which is UTTERLY OFF TOPIC to what you FIRST BROUGHT THIS UP ABOUT, which is HUMAN INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS.

And it makes the status menu, her dialogue bubbles, etc, all the impersonal, objective references to her that exist, call her EDEA.

I have never neglected the fact that herself is actually Edea, not Matron. I was just trying to point out why Squall and the party called her Matron.

And now you're shifting the goalposts. This entire bruhaha started because of you saying, AND I QUOTE "It's Matron. Edea was just a code name for her being a sorceress."
QED.

They've learnt that Matron is Edea, and later into the game (especially at the ending), they still call her Matron.

And I still call the lady who I grew up calling Gaga by the name Gaga, even though her name is Katherine.

They do not want to call her Edea because of what exactly happened at Deling's city.

Or because of habit.

That was what I was trying to say. Anything that is pointed at things other than arguments are indirected, and therefore irrelevant. Well, me replying to your counterclaims regarding English was of course irrelevant, but I didn't start it!

I love how you're trying to repeat my vocabulary now.
And your English ability is relevant, if of tertiary nature.

Isn't fantasy a pleasant situation that you enjoy thinking about, but which is unlikely to happen, or the activity of thinking itself? I don't see common sense or logic in that!

Common Sense and Logic are required to understand that fantasy, however.

I drew it to explain things better. It's not my fault as my English is terribly horrific.

Yes it is.

I already have! You're just refusing to believe them because they don't make sense in terms of fantasy.

"because they don't make sense"
Concession accepted.

If Cid was nonexistent, imagine her telling one of the kids, "Yo, let's put some seed on the garden!"

Or imagine her telling another ADULT!

I think she was lonely. And Cid just came out of no where to save her. All hail to Destiny, respect!

Or they met, fell in love, and married. Parsimony. REPRESENT!

You wronged more than a word, Serapy.

I think you don't understand paradox.

How did this thread start from not serious to serious? I voiced my opinion in a very respectable manner and then ... all hell breaks loose!

Exactly. You gave a serious answer that made no sense.

qwertysaur
12-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Cid is dreaming about the time he can have wild adventures with :quina: again :kaoclove:

Christmas
12-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Cid is dreaming about the time he can have wild adventures with :quina: again :kaoclove:

:quina: can GIVE and TAKE! Everyone wants :quina: :kaoclove:

Serapy
12-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not surprised.

So you knew it was a bad idea.

Arguing about common sense, logic, or whatever that has nothing to do with VIII was always a bad idea.

I've used a previous established fact regarding how sorceresses go insane sans knights to explain why two insane sorceresses sans knights have gone mad.

But that 'previous established fact regarding how sorceresses go insane sans knights' quote is considered as a conclusion. You used that conclusion to claim that Ultimecia went insane simply because she didn't have a knight. You cannot just assume that without knowing what exactly happened to Adel or Ultimecia before the game's timeline. It's still circular reasoning.

Coming from you, THAT'S the height of hypocrisy.

I've made various claims that don't connect with each other. That is not hypocrisy. At the end, I'll evaluate and choose which one to believe.

She was crazy beforehand, spanky.

Still, it wasn't mentioned whether she had a knight or not.

Because it's irrelevant to what her name factually is.

We are not talking about what her real name is.

So ALL TIME is fixed, making ALL OF THIS moot.

Not all.

The burden of proof also lands on yourself if you want to disprove my statements.

No it doesn't. The default claim is the only one free from the burden of proof.

Actually, it does. Because if you did that, all the arguments would have ended quickly. We are getting no where as of this moment.

But that's irrelevant anyway, because this is not a theory. What I did was along the lines of "What could this [insert thing here] mean, and then I express my opinion." That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm asserting my opinion as fact.

Then concede this as ABSOLUTELY nothing more than your opinion, and not based in the game at all.

Everything what I've said or displayed actually come from the game. The only difference is that I connected these dots together.

Thank you, sir.

That was not a compliment.

Who said I was capable of being emotional?

So then bringing up Rinoa in the first place was COMPLETELY POINTLESS. Glad we settled that.

Not technically. Zell, Selphie, Matron, etc were the first to face Squall. Rinoa is somewhere after that order.

You can hide behind 'opinion' all you want, but unless it's PURELY subjective, you still have to support it somehow.

There's nothing wrong with being a bit creative.

Oh?

Heads are not egg shaped.

That was an analogy. Of course, they are not exactly the same.

Which is UTTERLY OFF TOPIC to what you FIRST BROUGHT THIS UP ABOUT, which is HUMAN INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS.

I withdrew something from the game because Cid and Edea were involved. How is that off-topic?

And it makes the status menu, her dialogue bubbles, etc, all the impersonal, objective references to her that exist, call her EDEA.

But you cannot just ignore the fact that it made Squall / Party call her Matron. I'm focusing on that fact, not the fact that her name is actually Edea.

And now you're shifting the goalposts. This entire bruhaha started because of you saying, AND I QUOTE "It's Matron. Edea was just a code name for her being a sorceress."
QED.

No, I wasn't. I'm on Squall's side. So, I don't see how mentioning "it's Matron" would be morally incorrect.

And I still call the lady who I grew up calling Gaga by the name Gaga, even though her name is Katherine.

So?

Or because of habit.

A lot of things have happened in VIII.

I love how you're trying to repeat my vocabulary now.
And your English ability is relevant, if of tertiary nature.

What I withdraw from the game is always more relevant.

Common Sense and Logic are required to understand that fantasy, however.

Brians are not designed to automate 'common sense' and 'logic' at the same time when inside a fantasy world.

Yes it is.

No, it's not.

"because they don't make sense"
Concession accepted.

They don't make sense compared to our real world. So, you cannot just use your real world laws to adapt the VIII world's laws. That would be illogical.

Or imagine her telling another ADULT!

We only see her and the kids at certain times. And on the world map, her house looks pretty... isolated from the other buildings.

Or they met, fell in love, and married. Parsimony. REPRESENT!

That is circular reasoning, because you used the 'Cid and Edea are married' premise to claim that they actually have met and fell in love. Again, we don't know what happened to them before the game's timeline. You cannot just assume that.

That's nothing to do with parsimony, too.

You wronged more than a word, Serapy.

Yeah, a sentence.

I think you don't understand paradox.

I do. Do you?

Exactly. You gave a serious answer that made no sense.

If it made no sense, why the need to fight against it?

crazybayman
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Holy $h!t, are you people still seriously arguing about this?

Don't be hatin' on Cid. He can't help it if he's a playa'. Know'm sayin'.

BardTard
01-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Yes and I agree with the Quistis thing. And then she became unlicensed because Cid is getting too old for her and she said no.

Tiamat3710
01-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Arguing about common sense, logic, or whatever that has nothing to do with VIII was always a bad idea.
You need this common sense and logic to prove any one of youre theories....Maybe if you would kindly use common sense and proper logic we wouldnt spend so much time discussing "whatever that has nothing to do with VIII"

But that 'previous established fact regarding how sorceresses go insane sans knights' quote is considered as a conclusion. You used that conclusion to claim that Ultimecia went insane simply because she didn't have a knight. You cannot just assume that without knowing what exactly happened to Adel or Ultimecia before the game's timeline. It's still circular reasoning.
The previous established fact is a fact not a conclusion. Upon that fact he made a reasonable and logical conclusion....it isnt neccessarily correct but it makes sense and is likely...which is more than i can say for youre conclusions.

I cant believe you had the audacity to say that he cant just assume something without knowing something for certain. Thats pretty much what you have been doing the entire time you have been in this thread. Hypocritical much?

I've made various claims that don't connect with each other. That is not hypocrisy. At the end, I'll evaluate and choose which one to believe. He didnt say making baseless arguements are hypocritical. Hes telling you that after making all youre baseless assumptions its extremely hypocritical to turn right around and tell him "We cannot just assume that". At least his assumptions have proper evidence to support them.

Still, it wasn't mentioned whether she had a knight or not.It wasnt mentioned that Adel went crazy in prison either. Its completely fine to assume she had....as long as you provide evidence to support the assumption. Which his assumption has and youre assumption does not.

We are not talking about what her real name is.Yes we are...you said her real name is Matron and Edea is just a codename for her being a sorceress or something.

Tell you what.... if that isnt what were talking about....what in the smurf ARE we talking about?

Not all.ALL OF IT! You said youreself that EVERYTHING and i mean absoulutely EVERYTHING must be FIXED in order to fuel the wall of destiny.

End of story.

Actually, it does. Because if you did that, all the arguments would have ended quickly. We are getting no where as of this moment.
No it does not....learn to debate.

Everything what I've said or displayed actually come from the game. The only difference is that I connected these dots together.Maybe these dots dont exist at all. Usually if the develeopers WANTED you to connect these dots they would give you little hints towards that conclusion. Like FACTUAL EVIDENCE for example to suggest at this. If there is no factual evidence theres a extremely good chance the develeopers simply didnt put any dots in there for you to connect.

Who said I was capable of being emotional?Youre human right? Then you are able to be emotional.

Not technically. Zell, Selphie, Matron, etc were the first to face Squall. Rinoa is somewhere after that order.Irrelevant.

There's nothing wrong with being a bit creative.Youre not being creative...youre making baseless theories and frankly being a absoulute pain in the backside whenever someone attempts to disprove them despite how convincing the evidence is.

That was an analogy. Of course, they are not exactly the same.
An egg has NO features whatsoever that are similair to a humans head.

I withdrew something from the game because Cid and Edea were involved. How is that off-topic?Youre being off topic because we were discussing Interpersonal relationships and brought up irrelevant crap concerning magic and time travel etc.

But you cannot just ignore the fact that it made Squall / Party call her Matron. I'm focusing on that fact, not the fact that her name is actually Edea.No you were not. This arguement originally began because you said that Matron was her actual name. You went on to argue that shes Matron because Squall and Co call her so. When her actual and factual name is Edea. Ryu is correct and you wont admit it.

No, I wasn't. I'm on Squall's side. So, I don't see how mentioning "it's Matron" would be morally incorrect.While this has nothing to do with morals i think i know what youre trying to say....basically youre arguing that "I refer to her as Matron because Squall does and interpersonally i like that name so its fine that i refer to her as Matron" and with that i agree. Use any name you wish for her but dont go about correcting people whenever they call her Edea with "Its matron" because both names are acceptable.

Geez.

So?Do we really need to explain this? Really?

A lot of things have happened in VIII.And the majority of those things have nothing to do with the subject were discussing so that is irrelevant.

What I withdraw from the game is always more relevant. You are free to withdraw anything you want from the game as long as it is supported by factual evidence. You have withdrawed something that has no factual evidence suporting it. Provoide some or dimiss youre assumptions or theories or whatever the hell they are.

Brians are not designed to automate 'common sense' and 'logic' at the same time when inside a fantasy world. What are you talking about?

No, it's not. Protip: If youre English isnt that good...dont enter a debate.

They don't make sense compared to our real world. So, you cannot just use your real world laws to adapt the VIII world's laws. That would be illogical.
Some things inside the FFVIII world are indeed ficticious when compared to ours. The topic in particular you were discussing however is not. Interpersonal relationships are very similair to those expirienced in real life.

We only see her and the kids at certain times. And on the world map, her house looks pretty... isolated from the other buildings.Im sorry...its much more likely that she just told someone else...just because she is isolated does not mean she wasnt capable of telling someone.

That is circular reasoning, because you used the 'Cid and Edea are married' premise to claim that they actually have met and fell in love. Again, we don't know what happened to them before the game's timeline. You cannot just assume that.If he "cannot just assume that" then you cant either so both theories are equally plausible.

Yeah, a sentence.Youre getting warmer....a little more.

I do. Do you?I seriously doubt you do.

If it made no sense, why the need to fight against it?Because youre trying to pass it off as something that is either true or at least plausible...when it cant be classified as either without sufficent evidence.

I Don't Need A Name
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
C+R=U

crazybayman
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
C+R=U

I was thinking more along the lines of C + Q = U