PDA

View Full Version : Random acts of kindness. :D

superbeckie.
11-28-2009, 05:30 AM
I figured this would be more suited here than in the EoEO section, because it's quite a nice topic. xD

So, random acts of kindness are just the kind of things like complimenting your best friends shoes, holding the door open for someone, or maybe sitting next to the new kid to make them feel welcome. They can also be bigger things like telling someone you love them or *gasp* letting someone else have the last cookie. :munty:

So, if you haven't been doing your random acts of kindness, go out there, do something, and tell us why you're such a nice person. :D

Freya
11-28-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm very polite! I also help lots of old people. They are like a plague in Oklahoma I swear. I help lil kids a lot too!

I also keep a jar of money for charity.

~*~Celes~*~
11-28-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm one of those people that will hold the door for others =]

superbeckie.
11-28-2009, 06:12 AM
Sweetness. :)
I'm on an epic quest to help people at my school understand the whole gay rights thing... At the moment I'm getting bullied for being bi, but I'm trying to stop it, because one of my best friends is gay and he's too scared to tell anyone because he doesn't want to get bullied. :/ But I'm trying to change that.

I gave someone my last piece of gum too. :)

NorthernChaosGod
11-28-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm a dick though.

MadeOfApples
11-28-2009, 09:48 AM
How kind I am to people really depends on how much alcohol I have in my system.

I was completely wasted on vodka back in July and I don't remember most of the night. According to my friends, I bought a bunch of pizza and started handing it out to homeless people while I walked down South Street.

Which I suppose sounds a lot better than getting drunk, being beat up, and soiling the sofa.

Generally, I am a very kind individual. I'll hold the door open for people and I'll provide that little extra change if someone is short for bus fare but I rarely go out of my way to help people.

Shlup
11-28-2009, 09:55 AM
TheAbominatrix sent me presents for Restaurant City* so I sent her a crane machine for her restaurant. We got each others back.

*Y'know, one of those flash games on Facebook.

vinnie's mini's
11-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm normally very polite and I hold doors open for people (And of course say thank you when people do the same in return). I normally buy breakfast for my best friend too - unless I don't have much money then both of us go without :(

And I wish you the best of luck in your epic quest Superbeckie! I hate to hear about this kind of stuff, it makes Mini very sad.

Blue Harvest
11-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I always hold doors open for people, but that act of kindness is usually cancelled out when I kill them for not thanking me.

Badge
11-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I always hold doors open for people, but that act of kindness is usually cancelled out when I kill them for not thanking me.

So true innit.

I do lots of kind things, I let old people on buses before me, open doors, reach stuff for people. Working in retail these things are embedded into your brain.

Shadow Bahamut
11-28-2009, 09:52 PM
i'm always polite to people, i've helped someone out picking stuff up before, after they've dropped it.
i hold doors open for people, sometimes let people in front of me in a queue at a store (usually if they're female...i'm not sexist in anyway btw..)
when i'm driving i'm considerate, but i still think all people over 70 should STOP DRIVING!!! or at least drive NEAR the speed limit which is NOT 10mph..

all in all i'd say i do at least 1 good deed per day =]

~*~Celes~*~
11-28-2009, 09:54 PM

:jokey:

Shadow Bahamut
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM

...not THAT type of good deed...

~*~Celes~*~
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM

...not THAT type of good deed...

that's what YOU think :greenie:

I also like to randomly make cookies and muffins and such for my family for when everyone is home from work/school.

Mirage
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I often hold doors open for girls.

superbeckie.
11-29-2009, 05:19 AM
I also like to randomly make cookies and muffins and such for my family for when everyone is home from work/school.

Cookies? I want! xD
Yesterday I helped my friend Di at her shop. :)

Barraza
11-29-2009, 05:46 AM
My entire life consists of random acts of kindness.

I'm really awesome and always help out everyone.

I really wish I was being sarcastic, but actually I am that arrogant (yet helpful!)

superbeckie.
11-29-2009, 05:52 AM
It's nice to be helpful. Even if it does make you seem arrogant when you tell people. And besides, it's better than being mean and having no friends. :P

rubah
11-29-2009, 05:54 AM
example of helping a friend:

guy calls wanting to know if his house is locked. I drive over and check for him

example of helping a stranger:

someone is collecting signatures for a petition. I sign it. Later, I give her a small cup of coffee someone has given me and wish her luck

Christmas
11-29-2009, 07:31 AM
I alway threw money all over the street every now and then so everyone will be happy when they receive them! :bigsmile:

But they aren't happy when they realize it's all counterfeit. :(

I Took the Red Pill
11-29-2009, 07:49 AM
I share my stash of opiates and cocaine with any well-to-do 12 year old who asks politely.

eestlinc
11-29-2009, 09:05 AM
can I pretend to be a well-to-do 12 year old?

NorthernChaosGod
11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
can I pretend to be a well-to-do 12 year old?

Shadow Bahamut
11-29-2009, 01:10 PM
when i was back in school, i was considered kind cuz i shared my stash of pr0n mags... (the pages were perfectly clean..)

Duce of Daggers
11-29-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm on an epic quest to help people at my school understand the whole gay rights thing... At the moment I'm getting bullied for being bi, but I'm trying to stop it, because one of my best friends is gay and he's too scared to tell anyone because he doesn't want to get bullied. :/ But I'm trying to change that.

May i join you on that epic quest:p
i've learned by now that people in school are douschbags
the key is not letting them push you around i don't get picked on because i don't let retarded bullies mess with my head

are you still in high school?

there's my act of kindness.

giving advice:D

Seraphic
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I'll usually give people who are asking for money on the streets loose change.
This one time this lady asked me for a dollar, and I didn't have change, so I went into a store and asked for change, and they said I couldn't get changed unless I bought something.
So I did and walked back out and gave the lady the dollar.
I also gave a friend of mine these cowboy boots that I had because she really liked them :]

Bunny
11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I randomly let people hug me all the time. That's pretty kind of me, I think.

superbeckie.
11-30-2009, 05:21 AM

May i join you on that epic quest:p
i've learned by now that people in school are douschbags
the key is not letting them push you around i don't get picked on because i don't let retarded bullies mess with my head

are you still in high school?

there's my act of kindness.

giving advice:D

Well, in the UK it's secondary school, but yeah. :) I used to let bullies mess with me, but that led to self harm and a lot of other stuff that 13 year olds shouldn't be doing. But then I became tough enough to sort myself out properly. :P

Vermachtnis
11-30-2009, 07:01 AM
I hold the door open for everyone. And I say thank you to the cash register people. Also in MegaTen, I sell my stuff for a lot less then it's actually worth. Although I should stop, I found a Fan of Exorcism I sold for 400K in that person's Bazaar for 1M. That was rude.

NorthernChaosGod
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I randomly let people hug me all the time. That's pretty kind of me, I think.
Can I have a hug?

Iceglow
11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm often helping people out with things like carrying pushchairs down the stairs at Tottenham Court Rd station and holding doors open for people. I also end up with people asking me directions and I give them the best I can give. I also do little things that make people feel better in the day, much like the other evening on my way home I was complimentary and flirty with a model who seemed pretty fed up on her way home from a fashion show.....what? Oh ok fine I admit it, I totally done that just 'cause I could and I wanted to, she was damn hot xD

Rye
11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
A girl randomly wanted help taking photos of herself for some reason so she hailed me on the street and asked for help, and I did. She was nice!

Breine
11-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I always try to be nice and polite.