PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a job?

Chloe.
11-28-2009, 05:53 PM
If you do, tell us about it. What do you do? Do you like it? Is there something else you'd rather be doing? Etc...
And if you don't have job, would you like one? Where would you like to work?

I have a job and I love it. :D I work in a clothing store called New Look and I basically do all sorts of things. I work on the till, the Fitting room, tidy stuff, put new stock out and moooore~

I only work on the weekends as I go to Sixth Form during the week, but in the hoildays I sometimes do overtime. Oh and an amazing bonus about it is that I get 50% discount on everything. :love: So it's pretty much where half my wages go.

rubah
11-28-2009, 05:56 PM
I tutor Thermodynamics :p I want to do it next semester, too.

~*~Celes~*~
11-28-2009, 06:01 PM
No but I really need one :( I applied to a million places and NO phone calls! I even tried calling some of them and they were like "osure we'll get back to u lulz" and I never hear back :( So I persist...I STILL DON'T HEAR BACK WTF :cry:

Anyway, my "job" in the meantime is babysitting my brothers and sisters while my parents are both away at work on dayshift, as well as making sure dinner is done every night and chores get done around the house.

Even right now as I'm sick, I don't get to sit in my room and recuperate, I still have to make sure things are done, but at least it's good practice for mommyism! (Except that it just so happens my sweetie is the kind that will try to keep me in bed and take care of me on days like today, unlike my dad who says "IF UR NOT DYING UR FINE LULZ GET UP AND PERFORM SURGERY ON HIS BRAIN NAO HURR", so basically, I'm suffering now for the luxuries of later :jess:)

kikimm
11-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I work at In-N-Out. There's some annoying bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: that goes along with working there, but for the most part, I suppose I do like it. My coworkers are awesome, it pays more than minimum wage, it's busy all the time so shifts go by fast, etc. It would take a lot for me to quit and do something else. Unless I could get a job working at a bakery/something like that, I'm staying. And now I've worked there so long it feels kinda like home xD It's comfortable. :)

vinnie's mini's
11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't have a job at the moment but I really need one! I'm currently attending my second year of sixth form which will probably be over not long into next year >.<

I think I'd really like to work in a pet store or something like that (I even have one in mind but they don't have any jobs going at the moment! >.<) and of course, the chances of getting a job somewhere you'd like to work just before Christmas is pretty much zero >.< So yes I shall remain jobless for now :(

silent_symphony
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I dont have a job.. and I do need one coz my birthday is fast approaching and I need money to spend for that day including christmas.. :(

I think I like the call center job thing.. I can learn all sorts of stuff there, and learn and understand other languages.. :)

Momiji
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
No, but I'm planning on getting one next semester.

Rantz
11-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I work at In-N-Out

I bet you do you dirty hussy

Del Murder
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I am an actuary. If you don't know what it is, look it up because I'm sick of telling people what it is!

I Don't Need A Name
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
I am an adviser for a charity that gives out free legal advice.

Your job always amuses me Paul. I worry for the people you advise.
I'm a checkout operator at Morrisons! Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep etc

Academic
11-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes and no.

I hold the position of 'admin assistant' at my step dad's private radiology practice. Technically, I do things for my mom such as handle the finances, record keeping/filing and other bitch work (errands), but I'm not on the payroll. I come in whenever she needs my help, which hasn't been a lot lately.

Badge
11-28-2009, 07:48 PM
I work at Claire's Accessories in between going to University. The job is pretty easy and I've never been known as a girly girl but I do enjoy it. I am lucky enough to work with nice ladies and not mean bitchy ones and we have a laugh.

I serve customers and sort stock out etc, usual retail sales stuff, not really stressful.

I get 50% off Hair and Jewellery products, 25% off accessories and 10% off licensed stuff (Hello Kitty etc)

Tis good times!

Shattered Dreamer
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Currently unemployed hopefully I'll get something in the new year. I've always wanted to be a professional musician but I've never found band mates that don't bloody flake on me! Hopefully in the new year a new band or as my friends would say the long awaited solo project:tongue:

kikimm
11-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I work at In-N-Out

I bet you do you dirty hussy

You have severely offended me.

Ouch!
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I work part time at Barnes and Noble doing zone maintenance (fuck the travel section is messy!) and customer service. I am also a student.

Shlup
11-28-2009, 08:33 PM
I was a math teacher, but I got laid off. Considering getting a job at Disneyland until teaching jobs become available again. Or forever, since Disneyland is awesome.

Aerith's Knight
11-28-2009, 08:40 PM
My final six months on my physics degree are spent in an research project. So I'm working on developing a sensor that can measure volumetric blood flow in the coronary arteries. It's basically a job, I just don't get paid for it. It's pretty interesting working closely together with Philips High Tech campus and a team of Cardiologists extremely well known in this field.

Raistlin
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Sort of, though really I'm a full-time student. I "work" at my library's reference desk a few hours a week for a stipend I receive from the law school. I'm also a high school basketball official.

Christmas
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
My job is to impale flower girls with a katana and burn towns down in blind rage. I really like my job especially you get to murder your employer anytime. http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/BeckyandPAUL.gif

eestlinc
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
I help a judge make his decisions.

NorthernChaosGod
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I was a math teacher, but I got laid off. Considering getting a job at Disneyland until teaching jobs become available again. Or forever, since Disneyland is awesome.

Holy crap, you live near Anaheim?

Rye
11-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Full-time student in the academic year, customer service troubleshooter for an Ice Tea company (ice tea wench!) during the spring and summer.

NorthernChaosGod
11-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, also I work at Macy's on recovery. It's pretty chill.

Mirage
11-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Lost mine a couple of months ago. wohoo!

Endless
11-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I teach Comp. Sci. stuff at the uni and the engineer school on the campus, and do research in Operations Research.

Zeldy
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
I hate my job. I work at DWSports Fitness. (for those UK people, all the JJB which were attached to gyms have since become DW) I have no interest whatsoever in sport and so have no real enthusiasm for it. They either have me hanging stock (which I hate), serving on the till, being on footwear or standng on a section. Ive been there for like 8 months now and I just reaaaaally hate it.

Dignified Pauper
11-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I work at Verizon Wireless! I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR CELLPHONE!

But I know nothing about future phones. Don't even ask.

VGFreak877
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Yes, I work as a Pharmacy Technician at a local pharmacy where I live. I've been doing that for the past 2 years now. Before that, I was working in retail for about 10 years.

Breine
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I work as a teacher in three different after school clubs, and as a service assistant in a sports centre (which includes cleaning, supervising, being a clerk etc).

Bunny
11-29-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't have a job because the market around here blows and my class hours suck.

Seraphic
11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I work at a movie theater and I pretty much do everything there.
I sell tickets, I rip tickets, I sell food, I clean the theaters/bathrooms/lobby/hallways and overall the job is pretty horrible, but I do get to see movies for free all the time. Although I never have time to, so it makes me think if it's actually worth it. I've been working there for almost 4 years.
I also work in the Photography Lab at my university. I just mix chemistry, help first year students/ non-major students and tidy up the lab. But what I REALLY do is just work on photoshop the whole time.

black orb
11-30-2009, 02:28 AM
>>> My job is to prove that I can survive without a job..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

Laddy
11-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Not yet, but I plan to get one soon.

P4ine
11-30-2009, 04:37 AM
not yet, but I'm planning to become a tutor.. but since i've watched scrubs becoming a doc appeals to me too haha
but meanwhile I'll just have to work in bars or somewhere else to earn my keep

Moon Rabbits
11-30-2009, 04:52 AM
does hooking count?

Kirobaito
11-30-2009, 05:14 AM
I work as a transcription assistant at an oral history institute. There is nothing sexual in that. I listen to interviews and transcribe them. Some interviews are excellent, others are crap, and my work speed and work ethic is dependent on that.

Meat Puppet
11-30-2009, 06:04 AM
A job? I have three!

Marshall Banana
11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
I want to work at Disneyland. I'll do anything. :kaocry2:

Christmas
11-30-2009, 06:35 AM
I want to work at Disneyland. I'll do anything. :kaocry2:

You can post your resume with a photo of you wearing that adorable ear muffs!!! You are bound to be hire!!! :kaoclove:

EAR MUFFS!! :kaoclove:

Kamiko
11-30-2009, 10:40 PM
I sell modified beer caps as key chains.

I used to work in a movie theater. I enjoyed giving discounts to people who didn't have the necessary characteristics for them, ho ho.

Miriel
12-01-2009, 12:45 AM
I work as a photographer. It's awesome.

I work at In-N-Out.

Ooh, can you clarify a few things for me? The oil that's used for frying the french fries, is it cottonseed oil or peanut oil? And after the potatoes are cut, are they washed? Or straight into the fryer?

I no longer live next a In-N-Out so I'm trying to make it at home.

Jiro
12-01-2009, 12:53 AM
I'll be applying for a job at a few different places pretty soon. Looking at working in a clothes shop or a games shop. Because really I just want the discounts plus money :D

kikimm
12-01-2009, 12:59 AM
Ooh, can you clarify a few things for me? The oil that's used for frying the french fries, is it cottonseed oil or peanut oil? And after the potatoes are cut, are they washed? Or straight into the fryer?

I no longer live next a In-N-Out so I'm trying to make it at home.

Haha, for sure. We use cottonseed oil to fry them in. After the potatoes are cut, they go into a sink with either cold or warm water depending on if they are sugar potatoes (although I don't think you can tell that until you fry them). And then of course they are spun to get the water off them and then fried and delicious. >:)

Miriel
12-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Sugar potatoes? Waah? What kind of fancy shenanigans are you people pulling over there?

kikimm
12-01-2009, 01:15 AM
If they are sugar potatoes you have to soak them in warm water or else they cook like :bou::bou::bou::bou: and come out all brown and nasty. I don't get it. :(

qwertysaur
12-01-2009, 02:03 AM
I tutor Calculus. And lower levels of math when the need arises. I also train pokemon when I have free time.