PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea question

Kumo
11-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey everybody, I started playing Disgaea (#1) a LONG time ago, and haven't picked it up for a while. I'm wondering, is there a special way to start over with all of my stats in tact or do I just have to Transmogrify (sp?) each and every member back to lvl 1 and build them up from there if I'm having trouble getting past a strong enemy?

Anybody have tips for beefing up their team? How'd you do it?

Mirage
11-29-2009, 01:14 AM
You can start a "new game plus" after you complete the game, if that's what you're asking for. To get a few levels, you could try the snowy field with "invincible" geo panels to get a few. Throw enemies onto other enemies to double their levels, then throw them to the single square without invincible and take it out with a few characters. make sure not to level it up so far that your characters can't kill it.

You shouldn't need all that many levels to complete the main quest (I think I had Laharl at level 70 with 150 total levels), and towards the end of the game you'll get a few areas not related to the main quest where you can get very strong enemies. Some of these are nicely lined up to be hit by AoE attacks as well!

Iirc, when you transmigrate a character in disgaea, you start as any normal lv1 characters, but your stats grow based on your total level, making for very rapid stat increases. even if your "current" levels aren't insanely high. I don't remember any other methods to rapidly build character strength.

Markus. D
11-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Don't forget... you can also steal strong/free weapons from item worlds and leave 'em.

It's jolly shiny.

Kyros
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Theres another floor thats insanely fast to lv on b/c theres a lot of xp x3 squares nicely lined up for winged slayer. The place where everywhere is invincible is only worth going to in order to get 1 character higher from lv1 after transmigration imo, at least thats all I used it for.

Wasnt one of the best endings in this game to end with less than 10 deaths throughout the playthrough?

Mirage
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Does that count reset at "new cycle"?

Also, you don't really need too many characters to be high leveled, laharl can more or less duo the main quest with healer support if you let him gain all the exp :p

Also this thread made me restart disgaea 1 yesterday ;o

Kumo
12-04-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm going to try and transmigrate as many of my characters to level one as possible, then go back to the earlier levels with them and the remaining characters that are still leveled up and do some grinding ^_^ I hope to beat it in no time

Mirage
12-04-2009, 02:52 AM
no real point in transmigrating until your characters have a few hundred levels. In D2 i generally do it around 500-1000.

I mean i did it earlier when I was new to the game, but I don't think it would have made much of a difference if i just kept the levels and got higher than 70 instead.

Kumo
12-04-2009, 09:55 PM
So you're saying I should just go through all the older levels and do some weapon diving and grind to get the levels? Right now, I can't get past a certain level cause my group is too week.

Ideas?

Mirage
12-04-2009, 11:12 PM
just level them up a bit :p. You could redo old maps or use the item world, it doesn't matter that much :p