PDA

View Full Version : I Dream of Jeannie

Shiny
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I have to write a paper on free association and dream analysis for school. The problem is, I can't remember many details to my dreams, so instead I would like for you guys to post your dreams with as much detail as you can remember. It can be a recent, recurring, or an old dream. Since this is dealing with free association, you shouldn't edit out any words. Allow your thoughts to flow as freely as possible -- even if it doesn't make a lick of sense. My job is to psychoanalyze it for class in a paper. If I've gotten enough interesting dreams, I will write down people's names and pick out of a hat -- just to be fair.

If this is sort of too long for you to read:
1. Post a dream with details
2. Don't edit anything out i.e. type it as it comes to you
3. I will pick a dream posted out of a hat
4. Dream will psychoanalyzed
5. Has fun

Christmas
11-30-2009, 10:59 PM
Ever Dream This Man? (http://thisman.org/history.htm)

Kamiko
11-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Last week (while coincidentally doing an experiment on aromatherapy's influence on dreams) I had a dream that a friend left on vacation and asked me to watch their bluebird. After a day or two, I was cooking spaghetti and it escaped out the window. It found a red crab on the beach outside my house and laid eggs, then flew off over the sea. The crab sat on the nest (which was on the ground) and waited for the eggs to hatch. For some reason, I couldn't allow the crab-bird babies to get away so I tried to chase them but 3 blue crab babies with wings flew off and I swam into the ocean after them. In the ocean, there were grapefruit like objects floating and a bunch of blue whales eating them.

It was pretty weird.

Depression Moon
12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I was in a strange world. it was much like our, but also not so. The world as I saw it looked ominous. The sky was dark and cloudy. I can't remember too much, but what I can tell you is that he environment I was in was urban. There was two walkways. One was flat and low and the other was high. In between the two was a stream. On the lower flat there were several buildings. One in particular that stood out to me was a small red one. I had entered it from a secret passage from another building i think or it might have been a sewer. Anyhow, I had came out with somebody else and it was nearly pitch black. I had met a woman near the door who informed me that the world was coming to an end. A red Crashing star was heading to our planet and we had only twelve hours to get rid of it. I was with Irvine at the time and the woman told me to find Squall, Selphie, Zell, and Quistis and infrom them about the situation. We were also told that am ancient scroll contained the black spell we needed to destroy the star before it could reach our planet. I headed out and made my way up to the higher flat cemented walkway and I went into a store that looked like a Chinese temple. There were a lot of people there and I remembertalking to an old man there and that's all I can remember.

Quindiana Jones
12-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Haha, I literally just told Psy about a weird dream I had a few days ago.

You know that guy from The War at Home (http://iamatvjunkie.typepad.com/i_am_a_tv_junkie_a_blog_f/images/michael_rapaport.jpg) or whatever it's called? He's a generic character in a lot of other things too. Yeah, I had a dream that he and two other guys (I can't remember the other two, unfortunately) kidnapped me, my friend, some random hot girl and young Ashley from Prince of Bel Air. They then kept us in a house for what I imagine was many years (one of the people got old....the kidnappees stayed young though. Weird.) Well, Dude from The War at Home was waving his gun in my face at the front door, then we wrestled and I shot him point blank and legged it. BUT! He was actually a demon (we already knew this somehow) and couldn't die. So he got up a few seconds later, picked up a double barrelled shotgun and came running after me. And boy can that bitch run. He caught up with me slightly after the first corner of the quite nice suburb we were on, I threw the gun at him and said he could have it and that I'd come back, but he decided to shoot me anyway. Bastard. So, he fires, but I don't get touched. Then he pulls out a revolver and empties it at me. Still nothing. He's standing yelling about how it's impossible that all these people keep getting in the way to save me (which I can't see - figments of his imagination. The imaginary thing that took the shotgun was an old lady who dived in the way. Random generic adults took the six revolver shots) and then I basically become an avenging angel and burnt that smurfer back to Hell. Then I go back into the house and beat the crap out of the other guy, who's actually an old man now and I still feel a little guilty for even now after I've woken up. Ah man....it was a wacky dream. And that's not even all of it.

It wasn't all of it. But the only other bit I can remember is from shortly after our kidnapping, where we're sitting on chairs in the living room (which is well lit by sunlight coming through the net curtains) talking about how we may as well just start masturbating. Seriously.

Chemical
12-01-2009, 04:02 AM
i will try and come up with something tonight
uhm otherwise, try setting your alarm 2 hours before you want to get up, then hit snooze repeatedly. You should theoretically be able to recall some aspects of different dreams. And this is the only method I have for lucid dreaming.

NeoCracker
12-01-2009, 05:19 AM
I'll detail this dream to the best of my recollection, just for you Shiny dear. :p

I was none other then Sailor moon, lying in a massive white, king sized bed all alone in the dark. Note, I was actually in the sailor moon costume. I was sitting their wondering to myself what it would be like in the future. I layed down and closed my eyes, waking up to a most strange sight.

The roof was missing from the bedroom, and the window shattered. I looked otside to see a ruined and burning city, the streets shredded and cars smashed. I stepped out through the window and saw a van (Mind you, this van is one that my real life parents actually owned) fully intact. I walked by the fan onto the road only to see someone who looked like sailor mercury run by, only she had freakishly massive manly man anime type muscles and body build.

Next thing I know, a guy looking exactly like Tuxedo Mask jumped down in front of me, only he had a third eye above his face mask. He said 'Quasar, take care of this, and jumped off out of site. It looked like a toy lazor gun of some kind, and I had no Idea what to do with it. In my confusion, a person who looked exactly like me (looked exactly like Sailor Moon, that is to say) took the gun from me and said she'd take care of it. She twisted it all around, in a way that you would move a rubix cube, I guess would be a good way to describe it. It didn't seem like a way one could physically move something like that around, to say the least.

The gun ended up looking exactly like it did before, and this person seemed pleased with herself.

I looked off into the direction 'Tuxedo Mask' ran off into, only to see a huge monster that looked like it had come out of a power rangers cartoon. It was smashing buildings, and suddenly Tuxedo Mask enlarged to the size of the monster. The two proceeded to pull out Light sabers and do battle.

And that was the end of the dream. :p

Hope this helps. :monster:

Shiny
12-01-2009, 06:29 AM
These are really good so far! I like how you guys are putting colors in. Should be fun! If no one minds, I'll post the psychoanalysis here after the pick.

dream text
What the hell.

uhm otherwise, try setting your alarm 2 hours before you want to get up, then hit snooze repeatedly. You should theoretically be able to recall some aspects of different dreams. And this is the only method I have for lucid dreaming.
I will try that sometime. Thank you!

Chemical
12-01-2009, 06:32 PM

No luck
Although I do remember something about racing for pink slips

Quindiana Jones
12-02-2009, 09:29 AM
dream text
What the hell.

inorite?

Bear in mind that that isn't even in my top 3 weirdest dreams. To be honest, even if I don't get picked, I'd appreciate a psychoanalysis of that beast. xD

Chemical
12-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Last night was dream fest central! I always have lots of small dreams smooshed together. I'm going to pm you the biggest one because it has sexual content not suitable for others.

Other dreams were I dreamed that Neko, my ex-room mates cat ran away from wherever she is now and came to my backdoor and I was happy cuz I miss her.

I also dreamt that Loony Bob sent me a long long long PM about wanting to tell me a secret but I never found out what the secret was.

Shoeberto
12-02-2009, 08:44 PM
I had a dream that my mom showed up at my apartment to do my massive stack of laundry for me. Unfortunately when I woke up it was still all there :[

Evastio
12-03-2009, 04:40 AM
It's funny that you made this thread, since I was wanting to make a thread about dreams since I was wanting to share my dream here on EoFF.

The night before, I had this weird (yet insanely awesome) dream where I was married to this Filipino girl that I've had a crush on for some time now. We were living at my parent's old place. She was heading out with our son (he was around the age of a toddler, which kind of makes no sense seeing how neither of us looked any older in that dream), and I kissed them both before they left.

Quindiana Jones
12-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Ewwwww Evastio kisses toddlers! ;)

Rodarian
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Before my Thesis Jury , I was having dream of kittens falling off ledges and going splat! They were very traumatic for me.. And I was actually crying in those dreams! T_T..... What is wrong with me!!

I don't like kitties going Splat! honestly!:cry:

Shoeberto
12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
I had a dream where Shiny and Rye had crushes on each other, and I was trying to intervene because I didn't want Rye to leave Hux! Even though it would've been totally hot.

Shiny
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay guys, I have a cute vintage hat right here that I got from an antique place. I've dumped the names in to the hat and mixed them around a bit without looking. Right now I'm pulling out a name. What name you ask? Well no other than EoFF's very own...

Depression Moon!

Congrats! I will be analyzing your dream and with permission, I will be putting up the analysis for everyone to read. If it goes well, I will probably continuing analyzing dreams entered. Thanks to everyone who discussed their dreams. :monster:

Shlup
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
All I remember about last night's dream was that my husband was very concerned with the flammability of our toothpaste.

I look forward to your analysis of Depression Moon's dream.

Shiny
12-06-2009, 09:53 PM
For those who think it would be cool to have a dream analyzed, here's some helpful tips in how to go about it.

Free Association:

Think about the images, characters, mood of the dream.
Let your thoughts follow these assocations.
See what occurs to you i.e. what you think of or what you remember.
Write about the dream and let your pen, or fingers follow your thoughts without trying to be rational or edit yourself. (Automatic Writing)
You can also doodle/sketch the images of the dream and see what evolves.
Notice not only the imagery of the dream, but also your feelings as you think of various parts of the dream.

Shoeberto
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
I had a dream where Shiny and Rye had crushes on each other, and I was trying to intervene because I didn't want Rye to leave Hux! Even though it would've been totally hot.

You can also doodle/sketch the images of the dream and see what evolves.

Don't mind if I do!

Shiny
12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Here's a snippet of the analysis. It's a lot longer than this, but I thought people would probably be more interested in this particular part.

The usage of reds, for example, the “red crashing star” and the “small red” building that was on the lower flat, could mean various things. Red is universally known as the color of passion, anger, lust and love. Out of all the buildings on the lower flat, the only one that stood out to the dreamer was the red one despite its minute size. I asked myself, why is that? Well, according to the website, Mimi.hu, red could also “highlight something important” or a forewarning. This building caught the dreamer’s attention, so he decided to enter it through a secret passageway that lead to a “pitch black” area with a sewer. He went from being by a stream in between two unleveled walkways, to being in a sewer. When he came out, he met with a woman that told him that, “The world was coming to an end.”

This change of locale and the events surrounding it is quite possibly my favorite part of the dream. It is not only the catalyst for the events that occurred towards the end of the dream, but it can also be interpreted in many ways. In terms of color interpretation, the red was there so the dreamer would know that they had to go in this building in order to continue through the journey in their unconscious mind in which all of our underlying and/or repressed desires are. On the other hand, black or the absence of color in the area he transitioned to could mean the absence of the rational mind. Additionally, black is usually the opposite of white. White signifies purity whereas black is impurity. The dreamer went inside a dark passageway into a dirty, murky sewer.

In regards to symbol interpretation, water in dreams is mostly sexual according to Sigmund Freud in his book, The Interpretation of Dreams. For this reason, one could say that if the passageway were actually physical manifested in the realistic world, it would be a woman’s vagina. The opposing object, that is the flat walkway and the low walkway are connected. In addition, the stream and the sewer are also relative. The walkways could very well represent two different people. The dreamer considers one of them better than the other and has placed one of them in a more superior position.

More specifically, the person he deems as lowly is more pure and safer than the person he is with or wants to be with. The other person is perhaps more experienced than the other and has had many lovers before; hence the dirty sewer. However, they are also mysterious and even dangerous for some reason. With this notion, I discovered that the star the woman warned would ruin his fantasy world could also be someone in his realistic world giving him a forewarning about being with this pernicious person.

@ Stu: Oh no...xD

Quindiana Jones
12-07-2009, 01:08 AM
That's amazing, Shiny. It just makes me regret my luck even more! :(

Oh, and hey. If you ever get bored and want some analysis fun time, just ask. I have dreams similar in abstractitude (totally a word) to the above about 3 or 4 times every week. Chances are they're every night, but I don't remember all of them. :D

Shiny
12-07-2009, 03:14 AM
I'll probably analyze some other dreams later on because this was pretty fun.

Quindiana Jones
12-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Let's talk about whose moist vagina DM wants most.

Rodarian
12-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Let's talk about whose moist vagina DM wants most.

I concur!! XD

Depression Moon
12-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Yeah that interpretation was weird. If I guessed it on my own I would just say that all it means is that I'm way too into Final Fantasy.

Shiny
12-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Yeah that interpretation was weird. If I guessed it on my own I would just say that all it means is that I'm way too into Final Fantasy.
Freud would say you want to have sex with video game characters. :freak: