PDA

View Full Version : GBA version, monk or ninja?

mindfray
12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
as in title i have the gba version. I currently have galuf as a monk. would he stay powerfull as a monk? or should i change his job to ninja?

i have galuf as monk secondary skill counterattack
bartz as kight secnondary skill two handed
lenna as redmage with find passages as second skill
Faris as summoner with White as secondary skill

bartz and galuf are in front row, faris and lenna are back row.

qwertysaur
12-07-2009, 03:46 AM
You have to always keep changing your jobs as they each have strengths and weaknesses. An example would be switching between white mage, black mage, and time mage to make the most use of the magic to augment your battle plans.

Time mage is especially one of the best jobs in the game, hastega is an increadably usefull spell, and quick is pretty much broken it's so powerful. (you get 2 turns instead of one)

Abilities from jobs that do not have the ! in front of them (meaning they are passive) also get stacked on the freelancer and mime classes, so the more jobs mastered the stronger those classes are.

Also Spellblade-Dual Wield-Rapid Fire. :bigsmile:

Mirage
12-07-2009, 03:48 AM
You don't need to give monks secondary skill counterattack for them to counterattack, that's native to the job and always active. You learn those passive skills in order to give counter attack to other jobs that don't have it. There are a few exceptions to this rule though, such as HP + x %. There are also a few passive traits that don't stack on freelancer, for example the same HP boost abilities and a few of the passive abilities of the new jobs in the GBA version.

I like giving barehanded to my white mages :p, and sometimes I make a berserker monk just cause they tear through f-in everything.