PDA

View Full Version : So, I feel like the worst gamer in the world right now..

Logie
12-02-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger again, after finishing it a few years ago. I was really looking forward to re-living the beauty of this game but crap in a box, I'm stuck already!

You're going to laugh, buuuuut..

I can't beat the Dragon Tank boss during 'the Trial' segment. I barely remember facing him/her/it in the past, but I'm pretty sure I didn't experience this much difficulty then. So, my question is: What's a good strategy for whomping this willow? What's a good strategy for riding this horse all the way back to the stables? What's a good strategy.. you get the picture.

I've heard from a few sources that I need to take out the head first. That's great, but a little tricky seeing as everytime I use Cyclone, it heals itself TWICE. Perhaps my characters aren't levelled as much as they should be, so they're not inflicting enough damage? Currently, Crono and Lucca are both resting at Level 7.

Thanks for your help in advance, guys. I realise how tragic I must sound, being stuck on such a meagre boss. Ah well, that's what I get for over-confidence. :)

Fynn
12-02-2009, 07:15 AM
As far as I remember, some parts were weak to fire, while others to wind. I remember taking out the head with cyclone but I don't remember it healing twice then... Maybe it was just bad luck? Your levels seem OK. If all else fails, just try to take out the head with physical attacks. Check the note next to the unconscious guard to see which part is weak to what element.

Also, welcome to EoFF :)

Logie
12-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks very much. :) I'll take everything you said into consideration.

Hmmm.. it heals itself twice virtually everytime I use Cyclone. Rather annoying as it means my attacks achieve very little.

EDIT: Ah, now I feel REALLY stupid. I managed to beat the Dragon Tank fairly easily when I simply used physical attacks. I think the problem with Cyclone is that it inflicts damage on the body which prompts the head to heal.

Anyway, thanks for your help, Mr White Wizard. :P

Fynn
12-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Not much of a help, but you're welcome anyway, Logie :D

Wolf Kanno
12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Glad you got past the Dragon Tank and I hope you enjoy Chrono Trigger. Just to inform you though, Non-FF related Sqaure/Enix game threads go in General Square-Enix forum. :D

Logie
12-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh, I'm very sorry! I did know that.. major blonde moment. xD

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2009, 07:51 PM
No problem, still enjoying CT? Have you gotten stuck anywhere new?

Depression Moon
12-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Don't feel bad I have animosity to the game because I never beat it because I was instant KO'd as soon as I tried fighting the boss inside Lavos and I also tried leveling up at the Black Omen, but again I was KO'd.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2009, 03:59 AM
What are your levels and equipment?

black orb
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
>>> That Dragon tank....
It must be very easy since I dont even remember beating it. :luca: