PDA

View Full Version : The Revival of Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Rye
12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
I'm late on the wagon, but I'm playing this game. No spoilers, yo'

Does anyone get the feeling that the battle system of this game is what FF12 was aiming to achieve, and just failed? I like the battle system. I like to blindside and they shoot nukes out of Bacchus' back.

This game also has cheesiness down to a fine art. It's so cheesy that I can't help but embrace it.

My favorite thing about this game is about how goddamn creepy it is, especially between Faize and Lymle. Almost everything they say to each other can be taken as a double meaning. Even the definitely unintentional stuff like after battles XP stuff kills me:

"That was some good experience."
"Ooh, that felt kind good, kay?"

Talk about this game. Who is your favorite character? That little cat girl is growing on me.

NeoCracker
12-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't think this is at all what FF XII aimed to be. :p

And I love Meracle. In and out of combat. Though I always ended up taking control of her, for the soul purpose that the computer AI was so stupid it couldn't run Meracle the slightest bit effectively.

Her damage output is freakishly insane against a single opponent, but she dies so easily.

Just give her Critical Boost and the support ability to jump up her attack, and cast focus right before going in to pummel the big guy, and in or out of the rage mode, just string together a couple of her specials that land multiple hits. You'll so so many critical hits your head will spin. ;p

Markus. D
12-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Gutsy Bunny x____X~

<3

Madame Adequate
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I can see the FFXII comparison. I'm not sure it's what it was trying to be (Feels more like an attempt at KOTOR/Dragon Age etc.) but, well, let's just say that FF with SO's battle system would be a lot better than FF with FFXII's battle system. A lot better.

Also Meracle fgj.

ljkkjlcm9
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm going to get this game on the PS3 when they release the International version next year. I'm also still holding out that the PS3 Tales of Vesperia will get a US release.

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
12-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I also plan to get the PS3 version when it comes out. I hope they make Faize not suck quite as much; he was my favorite character.

Just give her Critical Boost and the support ability to jump up her attack, and cast focus right before going in to pummel the big guy, and in or out of the rage mode, just string together a couple of her specials that land multiple hits. You'll so so many critical hits your head will spin. ;p

With Beat S at a high enough level (to enter chains during Blindside), and X-Claw, she can juggle enemies seemingly forever if you get enough criticals.

I'm also still holding out that the PS3 Tales of Vesperia will get a US release.

I sure hope so. I'm tired of "beta-testing" all the new JRPGs.