PDA

View Full Version : Bungy Jump!

Croyles
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok so I am posting this video to show you my bungy jump that I did when I was in Macau during the summer. Yes i'm pretty much showing off dont hate me for it :)

During the summer me and a few friends when to stay at another friend's place in Hong Kong, where we then went to tokyo for a week and then back to Hong Kong. We heard that Macau had the highest official bungy jump in the world so thats why we went (as well as the gambling and the Venetian).

Its 233 meters.

I look extremely cheesy in this video. Probably the nerves.
YouTube - Bungy Jump off Macau Tower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRPE9W_UT4)

Care to share any extreme things you've done?

Miriel
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Dude, major props. That's such an insane height to jump from.

The most extreme stuff I've done are white water rafting (class 4) and ziplining, neither of which I think is all that extreme tbh.

Seriously considered sky diving... looked into the time/cost/possibility of death/etc, but I'm thinking that when push comes to shove, I might freak out and refuse to jump from the plane. I like doing exciting things, but I have a pretty intense fear of pain and/or death.

Bunny
12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't really see the thrill in jumping off very tall buildings.

blackmage_nuke
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Once I walked across the road, without looking right a second time!

Levian
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Dude, that looks so scary, I could never do anything like that! Good job.

I'd like to hear you say that on the way down!

Croyles
12-03-2009, 04:06 PM

The thrill is the adrenaline, the half a second where it feels like your actually floating and then the wind starts rushing and for 5 seconds (which feel a lot longer by the way) it feels like you are speeding through the air like a missile. Then the cord bounces you up very gently and the rush stays with you for hours.

Yeah when you think about it, it IS a pretty stupid thing to do, but for me it was worth it :D

Unbreakable Will
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I really want to go skydiving, but I have to look into costs and time. Im not really afraid of the whole "OMFG MY PARACHUTE WON'T OPEN!!" thing, I'm more afraid of what Nikki might do to me if I ever did it O.o
She's very protective, even from myself.

Duce of Daggers
12-03-2009, 04:19 PM
YouTube - Bungy Jump off Macau Tower (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRPE9W_UT4)

Care to join any extreme things you've done?

i'm to much of a wimp to try anything like that:(

Momiji
12-03-2009, 04:28 PM
oh christ I felt uncomfortable just watching that

Bunny
12-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The thrill is the adrenaline, the half a second where it feels like your actually floating and then the wind starts rushing and for 5 seconds (which feel a lot longer by the way) it feels like you are speeding through the air like a missile. Then the cord bounces you up very gently and the rush stays with you for hours.

Yes, I understand that. I'm not a retard, I understand the basic principle of it all. I just think it's absolutely fucking retarded.

KentaRawr!
12-03-2009, 05:50 PM
The video made me realize something.

I'd feel more comfortable jumping out of a plane than a tall building.

Croyles
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM

Yes, I understand that. I'm not a retard, I understand the basic principle of it all. I just think it's absolutely smurfing retarded.

Your open mindedness is inspiring.

Raistlin
12-03-2009, 06:06 PM
I have to agree with Bunny on this subject. It's never made any sense to me.

Croyles
12-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Meh, to each their own.

Kamiko
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I'm learning to fly Cessnas. It's not really that daring or scary though.

Croyles
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm learning to fly Cessnas. It's not really that daring or scary though.

Thats sounds fun man. I would like to learn if had the money at the moment. :)

Kamiko
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
It's pretty excellent. I'm not paying because one of my friends is a flight instructor so he just takes me up. I want to fly to South America someday soon.

theundeadhero
12-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I would love to bungy jump off something or jump out of an airplane. It's always looked really fun.

blackmage_nuke
12-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I think bungy jumping / sky diving is infact good training and preperation. It gets one use to the concept of falling so that in the case where one ever ends up actually falling out of a building or off a cliff or out of an airplane to their doom they'll be able to recover from their initial shock faster, remain calm and think of the most appropriate course of action. Though there may not be much one can do whilst falling to prevent their doom, the ability to supress panic would most likely increase your chances of survival ever so slightly.

But thats just my theory

I Took the Red Pill
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Ah man that video makes me wanna try bungie jumping like no other. Awesome stuff. :up:

Bunny
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM

Yes, I understand that. I'm not a retard, I understand the basic principle of it all. I just think it's absolutely smurfing retarded.

And your stupidity is astounding. I am not condemning people who bungy jump, sky dive, wall climb or tight rope walk between massive buildings thousands of feet up in the air. If you want to do that, go ahead and go do it that is fine. But the idea of jumping off the tallest buildings in the world for a couple seconds or minutes of thrill seems like a complete waste of time to me. Just because I think something is stupid doesn't mean other people can't though. I don't put that much stock in my own opinions and thoughts.

NorthernChaosGod
12-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Appropriate and proportionate responses FTW.

Anyways, there's a sky diving place about 10 miles away from me, I've always wanted to go. I think I'll go this summer with some friends. I'm excited. :D

Croyles
12-04-2009, 02:13 AM

And your stupidity is astounding. I am not condemning people who bungy jump, sky dive, wall climb or tight rope walk between massive buildings thousands of feet up in the air. If you want to do that, go ahead and go do it that is fine. But the idea of jumping off the tallest buildings in the world for a couple seconds or minutes of thrill seems like a complete waste of time to me. Just because I think something is stupid doesn't mean other people can't though. I don't put that much stock in my own opinions and thoughts.

Ok.

Skydiving sounds like fun, but thats something that has always scared me. I would like to try though if I was going with someone who could push me enough (mentally not literally).