PDA

View Full Version : 2010 FIFA World Cup Draw

Psychotic
12-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Before this thread begins, I would like to take a moment to honour the fallen. Russielloyd was banned for posting an obscene video shortly after the 2006 World Cup and World Cup Draw threads, where he was the star performer. His jingoistic rants about how great England are, and his insistance that Paul Robinson is a world class keeper will be sorely missed. Russie, buddy, wherever you are, we're thinking of you.

The draw for the 2010 FIFA World Cup takes place tomorrow! I made a seperate thread from the English football thread because we often have our Aussie and American pals show up to talk about how great their soccer teams are (guys your teams suck no offence :aimkiss:)

Here is how the draw will take place:

Seeds
South Africa, Italy, Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain.

Pot 2
Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Mexico and Honduras.

Pot 3
Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, Cameroon, Nigeria, Algeria, Paraguay, Chile and Uruguay.

Pot 4
France, Portugal, Slovenia, Switzerland, Greece, Serbia, Denmark and Slovakia.

Apparently France are having a little cry and moan about how England are top seeds instead of them, saying they have been unfairly punished for the Henry cheating incident. Well, no. I think it's fair. France aren't actually a very good team anymore. That's not to say England are world-beaters, we're probably the worst seed apart from the obligatory South Africa, but if you watch their performances against Ireland, France are pretty dire.

So, who are you hoping your country gets? :)

DK
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Paul Robinson is world class, Psychotic you know nothing about football.

England, New Zealand, Algeria and Slovakia would do nicely ta! Not that I really mind how the groups end out. Are some potentially nasty groups though. Let's hope the Argies get USA, Ivory Coast and France/Portugal. :excited:

I Don't Need A Name
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I made a seperate thread from the English football thread because we often have our Aussie and American pals show up to talk about how great their soccer teams are (guys your teams suck no offence :aimkiss:)

What's soccer :jess:
As long as we get the easy teams, its fine :D Might have a chance.
Well, it's already decided we can't be the worst team...we don't need to do an Henry to win a game ;)

Rocket Edge
12-03-2009, 03:38 PM
South Africa 2010, the World Cup that got away.

I'll be supporting England I suppose. Although my country has a rivalry with them we secretly hope they do well *memories of 1998*. I think the pots all contain good teams, and especially for pot 3, I'd be hoping to avoid an African team. Any nation will be counting their blessings not drawing Portugal or France.

I Don't Need A Name
12-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Any nation will be counting their blessings not drawing Portugal or France.

So not to encounter Christina Ronaldo, the diving woman or Thierry Henry, the Maradona wannabe

Rocket Edge
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Precisely.

Psychotic
12-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Portugal and France aren't as good as they once were anyway.

Of course now I've said that we're on course for a Portugal v France final. :greenie:

Old Manus
12-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Portugal will be in the final, after knocking England out in the quarter finals on penalties.

DK
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
And then the Portugese will flood onto EoFF to post in the World Cup thread about how English people are all hooligans and sore losers again.

Formalhaut
12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
You'd Think France Would Keep Their Heads Down After The Henry Incident :roll2

England Are Not World Beaters, But Their Good Enough To Be Seeded.

Ill Be Supporting My Home Country England Thank You Very Much! :cool:

demondude
12-03-2009, 05:53 PM
You guys are stupid, Ivory Coast is where the skill is at. ;)

Psychotic
12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Nah I agree, Ivory Coast have a very, very good side.

charliepanayi
12-03-2009, 07:45 PM
France are nuts if they think they should have been among the seven seeds.

Ivory Coast have a very strong team, in 2006 they were saddled with a real Group of Death and so were unfortunate to go out so early. If they get a better group this time I think they could make the last eight at least.

What I want is a group with South Africa, New Zealand, Uruguay and Greece/Switzerland in. It shall be proclaimed the worst World Cup group...ever!

I Don't Need A Name
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Englands squad is a World Beating squad...it's just a shame they can't play football as well as they do on paper

charliepanayi
12-03-2009, 08:49 PM
See also: Holland, Spain pre-2008

The Shoeless Hobo
12-04-2009, 03:35 AM
Australia vs New Zealand would be awesome, let's home it happens in round 2. :D

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 03:00 PM
For those of you saying England have world class players, just so you know, the squad will more than likely contain Joleon Lescott.

DK
12-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I knew we were going to get the yanks. Oh god, watch Ivory Coast next.

edit: awesome, got a pretty good group right there.

Jess
12-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Result! :jess:

DK
12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
North Korea got so unbelievably screwed. little Kim is going to have to do so much editing :laugh:

Freya
12-04-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm just hoping this year that the US does better. I am hoping to have something to actually be proud about with them. Come on US just do ok this year? Do a little bit better, that's all I ask! I'm crossing my fingers for you! I don't care who you go against just be decent about it!

Do you think if I do the dance of luck they will stand a better chance? D:

Yeah probably not :/ Go england!

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Hahahaha North Korea hahahahahah oh man hahahaahaahahaha!

USA were probably the best team in pot 2, but Algeria and Slovenia were the worst two in theirs so that is a good draw. My heart was in my mouth when I thought we got Cote D'Ivoire.
Go england!You're a loyal one.

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Decent group for England, but Algeria and Slovenia did beat Egypt and Russia respectively to get to the World Cup, so they're not too shabby. England should still qualify anyway, en route to the traditional quarter-final exit =P

Businesses around England will be happy, only England's final group game will be on a weekday during normal working hours (and I'm including possible knockout games there I think).

Greece getting Argentina and Nigeria :(

Groups D and G are vicious.

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
We will probably lose to the USA tbh. They do have David Beckham playing for them, after all.

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 07:27 PM
What a turncoat he is!

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 07:29 PM
yeah I wish he had never signed for LA Galaxy now.

Quick reference for those who haven't memorised it yet:

A - Mexico, South Africa, France, Uruguay
B - Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece
C - England, USA, Slovenia, Algeria
D - Germany, Serbia, Ghana, Australia
E - Netherlands, Cameroon, Denmark, Japan
F - Italy, Paraguay, Slovakia, New Zealand
G - Brazil, Ivory Coast, Portugal, North Korea
H - Spain, Chile, Switzerland, Honduras

Croyles
12-04-2009, 07:33 PM
We got Australia, Serbia and Ghana.

Wont be so easy, but I dont think its the hardest group.
As usual we will play good against good teams and badly against not so good teams, until we get kicked out at the semis or finals, lol.

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 07:34 PM
By Algeria you mean Serbia, right? :p Also I dunno, I think that is a pretty tricky group. Rather you than us.

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 07:34 PM
You mean Serbia, not Algeria I presume.

Well the worst Germany have done in the World Cup since 1938 is the last eight, so they so have history on their side XD

Croyles
12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah sorry I meant serbia lol was tab switching and got it wrong. Now that I look at it again, it DOES look a bit tougher :)
Which is good though, because that will prepare us. Because well, if you cant beat those you cant win the world cup anyhow.

BTW, what are the match times this year? South Africa isnt too far off from the UK timezone, right?

Shattered Dreamer
12-04-2009, 09:22 PM
France got a fairly handy group.............what a crock Ireland should be in Group A not them!

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
*rolls eyes*

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Also, I called it. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2745126-post191.html) :smug:

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Quick, predict the whole thing! You could make a fortune ;)

Breine
12-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Apparently Denmark got in a pretty hard group, having to play against The Netherlands in an opening game. I dunno. I only watch soccer during the bigger tournaments.

England got an easy group, though!

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I guess Denmark can always brag they have a European Championship if nothing else. Their group isn't too bad, they're with Netherlands, Japan and Cameroon, decent chance to qualify.

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 11:01 PM
I guess Denmark can always brag they have a European Championship if nothing else.Yes, but so can Greece.

I Don't Need A Name
12-04-2009, 11:05 PM
If we have Shaun Right Phillips, then we've lost already.

charliepanayi
12-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I guess Denmark can always brag they have a European Championship if nothing else.Yes, but so can Greece.

Yeah tell me about it :)

And so can England...ah, no wait...

Psychotic
12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Yeah our inability to win in Europe makes me feel like, oh, I don't know, say, an Arsenal fan.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/HenryBarcelona_468x321.jpg

Welp :shobon:

charliepanayi
12-05-2009, 09:50 AM
At which point I make a crack about Liverpool winning the league and this goes around in circles :D

Loony BoB
12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Italy! We lost 4-3 against them somewhat recently! Maybe we'll score a goal or two in this group after all. :D

Old Manus
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I would think the USA would be rubbing their hands together at their draw. England's group looks like the weakest in the whole competition.

Christmas
12-05-2009, 02:48 PM
I personally thinks that any team LITTLE MANUS support will fail and lose miserably. :http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/emoticons/leprec.gif

Omni-Odin
12-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Go America. Don't hate me. Just supportin my colors. And now that England and the US get the first match, I'm extremely counting the days until this thing starts.

Rocket Edge
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
England certainly got lucky with the draw, but there's no pushovers in the World Cup.

Group G in particular is just... scary.

eestlinc
12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
We in the US are absolutely psyched to get this draw.

Psychotic
12-05-2009, 10:20 PM
At which point I make a crack about Liverpool winning the league and this goes around in circles :DYeah, 'cause football began in 1992 and therefore Liverpool have not won it 5 more times than Arsenal. :greenie: You can't win, panayi. You should have learned this by now! :cool:
We in the US are absolutely psyched to get this draw.You guys care? Really? Wow. That is pretty cool. But I'm telling you all right now, the game will be billed as THE WAR OF INDEPENDENCE II: THIS TIME, IT'S PERSONAL! but it will honest-to-god be one of the most boring you will ever watch.

demondude
12-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Always amusing to watch an island beat half a continent though.

charliepanayi
12-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Presumably Russia losing any game must be hilarious then.

Maybe England could play Canada and China too before the World Cup, take on all the world's giants! In land area/population anyway.

Croyles
12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Presumably Russia losing any game must be hilarious then.

It was when they lost to Slovenia.

Also, russia has more land, but the least amount of people per km squared :)

demondude
12-05-2009, 10:56 PM
:D

charliepanayi
12-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Land area, population, population density, whatever!

And yeah it was funny when Russia lost to Slovenia.

Nice to see the UK tabloids treating England's opponents with the usual disdain today. Thank god it's Capello who manages England and not the people who write for The Sun anyway.

eestlinc
12-05-2009, 11:02 PM
there are a lot of people in the US who care, who are super happy to have a draw where we are one of two good teams, and that we get to play England right out of the gate. I suspect the sides will play for a draw and go for the points against Algeria and Slovenia, but we can hope for a fierce battle for outright victory.

Croyles
12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
It wont be as easy as people think for the USA. Yeah usually Slovenia isn't that good but remember that they beat Russia and they are very good at the moment.

DK
12-05-2009, 11:16 PM
While I believe the yanks to be real dark horses at this World Cup, especially given the draw they got, I don't think in any way that England should be playing for a draw against them. On paper they are the strongest team in the group and anything less than beating all of the other teams would be a poor showing.

That said, like I said I rate the yanks pretty highly and don't think they should be going for a draw against England either. Expecting them to do well at the WC tbh

Croyles
12-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I still expect USA to get second in that group.

I expect (hope) Germany to be first in group D, meaning we could be playing agains USA. And then possible USA vs England (again) for the quarterfinal, or........... Germany vs England! (its been a while since we've met in a tournament!).

I think the last time was euro 96 but im not sure...

EDIT: Nah we both met at euro 2000 in the group stage where both teams didnt make it through to the next round.... heh.

Psychotic
12-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I agree with Croyles, Slovenia are not as dire as many people are trying to make out. I'd say they're only slightly behind the USA and it would not be an upset if they beat the yanks. Algeria should take a pasting from all three sides though!

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Beatable, yes. A pasting? No. Algeria beat Egypt to make it to the World Cup, and that's an Egypt side who are going for a hat-trick of Africa Nations Cups next month. They're not Ivory Coast or Ghana but they're no mugs either.

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 12:57 AM
They only just managed to scrape by Egypt, let's be honest.

Who will player of the tournament be? My money is on Thierry Henry. The superstar in his last World Cup with it all to prove. He knows the world hates him for his cheating, and he's going to set the record straight with some silky dribbling and some tremendous goals. Watch this space.

Heath
12-06-2009, 01:07 AM
A housemate of mine is half-Algerian and so I would've bet a hefty amount of money on Algeria ending up in the same group as England. Just had a funny feeling.

I think we should probably win our group, but I agree with the general sentiment that people do underrate the USA in this country. Certainly there were other teams in that pot I would've preferred to the Americans. Mostly, however, I just can't wait to get started. Why must we wait another six months?

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Henry won't be player of the tournament as he and the rest of the French team will be left high and dry by Domenech's bewildering tactics etc. No idea about player of the tournment but the Golden Boot winner will be another Salvatore Schillachi, someone who comes from nowhere to score a hatful of goals and then vanishes back into obscurity soon after the tournament ends.

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Hey you know who will be really good? Cesc Fabregas. He'll have a great World Cup. I suspect Theo Walcott will too. I also think Van Persie is a world class player who will surely clean up for Holland if he recovers from injury. And look out for Sagna of the French, he's a diamond in the rough, although his national team mates, Nasri and Gallas, handy too. Nicklas Bendtner, the Danish striker, also looks set to set the world ablaze this Summer. Switzerland could also be deadly, boasting Senderos and Djourou in their ranks! As far as other continents besides Europe are concerned, Kolo Toure and Emanuel Eboue mean Cote D'Ivoire are also going to be a force to be reckoned with, and elsewhere in Africa, I think Alexandre Song will prove rather a handful for all of Cameroon's challengers. Finally, Carlos Vela is a very tidy player and Mexico will be all the better for it.

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Hmm, I sense sarcasm here...

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Football is a sport which is fun to watch. Agreed?

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
OK now I'm really lost.

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 08:06 PM
The World Cup in South Africa will be a great event to watch on the television and discuss on these forums. Don't you think so?

Tottenham Hotspur FC's players - such as Jermain Defoe and Wilson Palacios - will have a terrible World Cup because all Tottenham Hotspur FC players are terrible. Anyone agree?

Croyles
12-06-2009, 08:14 PM
We've lost Psychotic!

Old Manus
12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
He got a taste of predicting something right and now there's no stopping him

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm just saying, guys, that the only way that England can ever win the World Cup is if Arsene Wenger became manager. Not that he ever will because he is doing a wonderful job at a very special club.

I also think footballs should be round, and not cubes.

Anyone agree with me about this?

Croyles
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm just saying, guys, that the only way that England can ever win the World Cup is if Arsene Wenger became manager. Not that he ever will because he is doing a wonderful job at a very special club.

I also think footballs should be round, and not cubes.

Anyone agree with me about this?

So your saying that England will definitely win the World Cup?

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
No of course not. I am saying that it's a decent group for England, but Algeria and Slovenia did beat Egypt and Russia respectively to get to the World Cup, so they're not too shabby.

black orb
12-06-2009, 10:34 PM
>>> The final will be Brazil vs Spain (if they dont kill each other first), and my money is on Brazil this time..http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/Luca-Walk-Front.gif

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 10:46 PM
No of course not. I am saying that it's a decent group for England, but Algeria and Slovenia did beat Egypt and Russia respectively to get to the World Cup, so they're not too shabby.

Finally, my statements are being treated as gospel :D

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Hey charlie I think that football should be played on grass as opposed to in electrified lava but I'd like your opinion on the subject.

charliepanayi
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Seriously, do you have a problem with me or something? This is all pretty bewildering.

Psychotic
12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
We're cool. I just want to discuss football. That's what this thread is for! Discussing football! There's nothing possibily bewildering about the discussion of football. Let's discuss football! Now, I think Chile are an underrated side! What do you think of Chile?

Also: Ally McCoist: Fat scottish wifebeater. y/n?

Loony BoB
12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
To be honest, even I'm lost with what Psy is trying to throw about right now. But then, it is Psy.

Croyles
12-07-2009, 04:10 AM
To be honest, even I'm lost with what Psy is trying to throw about right now. But then, it is Psy.

Im think the point is: there is no point :p

Rocket Edge
12-07-2009, 05:04 AM
If I am ever placing bets on the World Cup I will only confide in Psychotic.

Psychotic
12-07-2009, 03:45 PM
You chaps are too kind. But we must find out what charlie thinks of Chile and Ally McCoist! This is imperative!

Old Manus
12-07-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm sure if anyone understood the joke it would be the funniest joke to date in a football thread. Next!

Psychotic
12-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Someone's being unfunny on the internet? Sounds like it's a job for Detective Manus of the Internet Funny Bureau!

PS: It's not actually a joke. Now will you all stop interfering?!

DK
12-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Don't listen to them Paul, your work thus far has been astounding and only true greats understand what you are doing and appreciate your work. For instance, myself and Donal are highly entertained by what you have undertaken in this thread because we are awesome. On the other hand, you have people who don't get it like lonny bob and...well. lonny bob. I need say no more.

Fight the good fight my good man!

p.s: http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44918000/jpg/_44918685_allymccoist_snsb203.jpg

Miriam, where's m'beans? *punches wife in the face*

Loony BoB
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
On the other hand, you have people who don't get it like lonny bob and...well. lonny bob. I need say no more.
You don't even know me these days. :( I remember when we used to hold each other close late at night... now all you ever do is go to the pub to play with the other boys. ;_;

EDIT: For what it's worth, I get the whole "hey it's Arsenal players" crap as a windup but I don't really get more than that. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Psychotic
12-08-2009, 02:56 AM
BoB, you are building this up into something that it is not! We've moved on from Arsenal players now, anyway, not that it was a wind up to begin with.

Where is charlie and why hasn't he told me whether or not he agrees with my assessments of Chile and Ally McCoist yet? :colbert: We can discuss Mexico and Les Ferdinand if they're more your scene, good sir. Tim Flowers too! I'm not a picky man! Talk to me, baby!

Jiro
12-08-2009, 03:40 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting the start of the World Cup! It's gonna be kickin'. Australia isn't the best team, but I think we should be able to sneak through the group stage. We've beaten Ghana before, and Germany didn't destroy us last time we played them, so we have a shot!

charliepanayi
12-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Scotland would probably do better if they drafted Ally McCoist back into the team.

Old Manus
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I dreamt last night that England lost in the second round to Spain. Michael Owen put them 2-0 up until Fabregas came on to score twice in injury time. Then came the inevitable loss on penalties.

Of course none of this could happen irl because England cannot meet Spain in the second round and Michael Owen cannot score two goals.

Jiro
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Two goals in injury time is pretty epic

Psychotic
12-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Haha I had a football dream last night too actually.

It was Liverpool v Man Utd in the Champions League final and it went to penalties. I was somehow on the pitch I don't know why. Anyway Liverpool apparently now had Jermain Defoe, a random Serb defender, a Japanese guy and two young Morroccan guys signed on loan from Stoke for a month. I remember Stevie G being jammy about scoring his penalty but pretty much everyone missed. And because everyone missed, Chelsea players all came running onto the pitch because this meant they had won the Champions League and were lifting the trophy and partying. And Gary Neville was crying and I was screaming at the United players "BETTER THEM THAN YOU!" much to the bewilderment of Paul Scholes.

Yeah, I'm damaged.

Loony BoB
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
and Michael Owen cannot score two goals.
:aimsun: On the day you said it, no less!

Psychotic
12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I could score two goals against VfL Wolfsburg. :colbert:

Loony BoB
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Could you score three?

Psychotic
12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
He didn't, did he?

This is going to make Gary Lineker's column unbearable.

Croyles
12-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I could score two goals against VfL Wolfsburg. :colbert:

No, you couldnt. :p

DK
12-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Fulham manager Roy Hodgson believes striker Bobby Zamora may be worthy of a place in England's World Cup squad. "He is the type of player who we don't have too many like in the English Premiership"

He's right, they're mostly abundant in league one

Rocket Edge
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Bobby Zamora. How on earth could a regular starting striker score only 2 goals in a single season? Yeah England material right there.

Michael Owen, you beauty.

Psychotic
12-10-2009, 03:54 PM
He might make a good back up keeper for David James and Emile Heskey.

DK
12-10-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/match-centre/article189191.ece/BINARY/gallery-large/Emile+Heskey.jpeg
http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/HESKEY_Emile_19990918_MM_L.jpg

THE WHALE

Rocket Edge
12-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Not forgetting to add the likes of Titus Bramble & Peter Crouch to that list.

EDIT: haha, I love the football typo's.
http://www.funny-games.biz/images/pictures/379-footbalowned.jpg

Psychotic
12-10-2009, 04:07 PM
You guys should see what we do as PES Online. We play David James up front and The Whale in goal. That or play as France and dive repeatedly (because it's the French way)

Rocket Edge
12-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I used to do the same and put Gary Doherty who played in defence up foward for the last 20 minutes of a match to knick in a header. The shameful part is Ireland actually did this.

DK
12-10-2009, 04:10 PM
David James is a legendary striker and most of the PES players are so afraid of him they refuse to let him get anywhere near the ball. And THE WHALE is an even better goalkeeper some of the saves he has made are enough to shame David Seaman and Peter Shilton.

Diving repeatedly as the French, well yeah. I like to play teams as they play in real life what is wrong with that I did not think we deserved to be called "knob heads" by LeeUtd1802 that is not very nice to the French or the way they play football!

Psychotic
12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Similarly, it's fun to play against teams as teams would in real life. ie, when we play Arsenal we make it our mission to cripple as many of their players as possible because hey, nobody likes them.

DK
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah PES will never be a true football sim until they get Arsene Wenger and Arsenal fans crying about Bolton after a game. When they put in the 'manager refuses to shake hands and storms off the pitch like a stroppy bitch' mechanics it will be a truly stellar football experience

Psychotic
12-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Apparently we've got Arsenal this weekend. I'm disgusted. Why should Liverpool have to play such talentless thugs as Arsenal? They don't play the beautiful game the way it is meant to be played and I just hope our players can escape that match uninjured. Don't care about a win, just don't get hurt, boys.

charliepanayi
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Arshavin to get four again :)

You're about four years out of date DK, Arsenal don't mess up against Bolton anymore, we no longer obey geography when it comes to playing rubbish. It's nice to see Man City though take up our mantle (as did Liverpool) of drawing all the time.

black orb
12-10-2009, 07:44 PM
>>> So, what do you think about Zakumi? atleast this one wont give nightmares like Pille and Goleo..:luca:

Psychotic
12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I knew if I was mean to Arsenal instead of nice to them charlie would come back. You're not getting away from me this time, panayi. Chile are underrated: Do you agree?

Also I dunno, this mascot is still creepy tbh.

Loony BoB
12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Today at CricketWeb I found out that our alleged target Sol Campbell was, as of August 2009, the second fastest player in the PL according to some company I forget the name of. Castrol I think. Anyway. What. Seriously? Really? Nobody at work can believe it.

charliepanayi
12-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Chile? Good in qualifying but havn't ever won a World Cup game on foreign soil, so they're not rated in any direction.