PDA

View Full Version : JP official site update

Jecht Shot
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
FINAL FANTASY XIII (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/)

New info/pics on Cid, Galenth Dysley (the pope dude), Captain Rygdea, and Vanille's Eidolon, Hecatoncheir.

Cid's airship is called the Lindblom, which is probably a nod to FFIX Cid's country. They've already done a few similar things, such as the city of Palompolom ( a nod to FFIV's twins).

Elpizo
12-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Hecatoncheir? A nod to FF III, who would have thought?

Rodney
12-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Oh, a nod to 3? That was in 3? I've gone to FF Wiki and didn't see it anywhere.

ETA: Never mind. Found it. So it was an old boss in 3, eh? They went back pretty far in the series for that one.

Wolf Kanno
12-05-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm not sure if it was a normal "let's create a summon based off mythology" choice or if it was an actual decision to reference FFIII but either way its still nice to see a new face.

Mirage
12-05-2009, 06:26 AM
I think most of those summons look awesome.

Rad Bromance
12-06-2009, 02:57 AM
So does anyone know if Serah is going to be a playable character or not?

The release stuff shows her with all the other playable characters, which would kind of imply that she is, and we know that she becomes a l'cie like the others from the trailers. I don't see any summon/bio info on her though.

Rodney
12-06-2009, 03:46 AM
I don't think she'll be playable at all, actually. Or if she is, only briefly. However, much of the plot revolves around whatever her fate is.

Moon Rabbits
12-06-2009, 03:50 AM
So does anyone know if Serah is going to be a playable character or not?

The release stuff shows her with all the other playable characters, which would kind of imply that she is, and we know that she becomes a l'cie like the others from the trailers. I don't see any summon/bio info on her though.

She's probably like Team Nora - playable at certain points.

Brynhildr is the best summon name EVER. Hecatoncheir looks badass. The only summon I don't particularly enjoy the look of is Odin, at least his face ...

edit: Uhm, actually, it looks like Serah dies in a lot of the trailers.

Rad Bromance
12-06-2009, 10:13 PM
edit: Uhm, actually, it looks like Serah dies in a lot of the trailers.

I think they're intentionally trying to make us think that when it fact it won't happen. :roll2

They tried to do the same thing with Rinoa in the FFVIII trailers before it came out.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I agree some with Rad Bromance. I think with that one trailer that showed her and Snow in Nautilus we were supposed to be reminded a little of the Golden Saucer date between Aeris and Cloud.