PDA

View Full Version : Ecco the Dolphin

Rad Bromance
12-05-2009, 03:39 AM
http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Ecco-cover.jpg

A Sega classic! Anyone else actually find this game fun? Most people I've talked to just found in frustratingly difficult.

I love it! It's got like, the craziest story ever! :D

ljkkjlcm9
12-05-2009, 03:46 AM
I played on gamegear. Crazy hard game, but loved it.

THE JACKEL

Raistlin
12-05-2009, 04:09 AM
I played it on Gamegear and had a bunch of fun with it. I found it difficult as well, but I was also very young at the time.

Bolivar
12-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Remember playing it in the golden age of Sega Channel, I really liked it but wasn't totally into it like Sonic or Streets of Rage. A really interesting, soothing game although, yeah, it could be really frustrating at times.

Vermachtnis
12-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Yea I played it on the Sega Genesis Collection. Never beat it. Gets intense when you go deep and it gets all dark and stuff.

NorthernChaosGod
12-07-2009, 01:36 AM
I had a lot of fun with it as a child, I just remember it being exceedingly difficult though.

Vyk
12-07-2009, 01:55 AM
This is on the Ultimate Sega Collection for 360. Love it. Always wanted to try the Dreamcast version

Craig
12-07-2009, 06:54 PM
dont you just swim around with your dolphin friends in the first level? i wanted to play that level forever

theundeadhero
12-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I played the second one and enjoyed it. There was this one level that was so frustratingly hard I would be stuck attempting it for hours.

Timekeeper
12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I made a pleasant sound when I read the title of this thread XD

I really liked it but wasn't totally into it like Sonic or Streets of Rage.
QFT

I remember finally finishing Streets of Rage with my brother. Oh what fun we had!

Iceglow
12-09-2009, 10:26 PM
You all need to go play Cannon Fodder RIGHT THE HELL NOW!

I loved Ecco too though but for me I sucked so I used to just swim round the first level doing awesome jumps over that rocky island in the middle trying to get a triple flip jump out. Never happened.

I also remember me and my sister getting through Streets of Rage together I think that was the only time we weren't fighting was when we played that game it was so good at stopping us going at one another my mom brought the second game for us!

Fuzakeru
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Looooooooooved Echo! ....the Medusa level scared me. ;-;

Big D
12-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Ecco? Fantastic game, especially the Sega CD verison with enhanced colours, and live sound effects and music.

I've been playing Ecco: Defender of the Future on PS2 (after hunting for that game for several years), but I'm slightly stuck and haven't given it a go for a while.

Mr. Graves
12-28-2009, 03:54 AM
I was just talking with my girlfriend about this game just yesterday! It was an awesome game, had a lot of fun with it. I remember when I was first playing it when I was 11, it took me forever to learn how to jump over the islands, or even to trigger the alien abduction at the beginning of the game.

Badge
12-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I hit the wall a lot playing this game, it was annoying but strangely addictive.

EDIT: I didn't personally hit the wall, I couldn't get the dolphin to jump over the rocks so Ecco just kinda banged his nose on the wall a lot. Are there walls under water?

qwertysaur
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
It starts out so happy, but then the aliens freaked me out when I was 7 :|