PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

NeoCracker
12-06-2009, 04:02 AM
I am devestated. The VA's are pretty solid, the atmosphere is amazing, and anything else I heard a good Silent Hill game should be. The problem? The Control has been annoying the living hell out of me. You can screw yourself over completely if your hand is just a bit to twitch from time to time, and considering how much I tend to move when getting into a game, I constantly screw myself over.

I'll be giving the game another try for sure, but as it stands, the controls are ruining an otherwise good game. :(

Markus. D
12-06-2009, 05:21 AM
I had a feeling the Wiimote would be horrid for this game...

Shoeberto
12-06-2009, 05:33 AM
I don't know, I'm still pretty optimistic about it. Reviews are positive thus far. I'm into the way they're trying to reinvent the series, moving away from what they did with Homecoming in making it more about the tension than progressing the combat system. I might pick it up around Christmas if I get the cash.

Slothy
12-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Makes me glad I don't have a Wii so I'm not even tempted to get it for anything other than the PS2. Of course I hate motion control in general so I doubt I'd ever be tempted anyway, but still.

Moon Rabbits
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
This is out already? Huh.

I was never stoked about the whole Wii thing, so I wish my PS2 still worked. Unfortunately it doesn't, so I'm gonna be in the same boat as Cracker.

I'm curious about how the Otherworld becoming Snowworld translates in actual practice. Is it scurry?!

NeoCracker
12-07-2009, 07:58 PM
It's not technically out till the 9th, but our store got it already, and since it wasn't 'street dated' they started selling it already. :p

However, for pre-ordering, I got the soundtrack, which is amazing. It's decent overall, though it has three tracks that are simply amazing. My favorite being 21.) Hell Frozen Rain, which is the only track with Vocals, and damn it's amazing.

I Don't Need A Name
12-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I've gotta wait till next year for this :(
PS2 all the way though
And, seeing as I'm in the UK, the preorder soundtrack won't happen either

NeoCracker
12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
For you. ;)

YouTube - Silent Hill Shattered Memories - Hell Frozen Rain (Feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) [HQ] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDEZVP3wFw)

Dreddz
12-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Its looking like Ill have to wait till its released on PS2. How does this compare to previous Silent Hill games? Mainly the first one, seeing as this is a re-imagining of that game.

Markus. D
12-07-2009, 11:30 PM
I have such high expectations from the atmosphere from what I've seen played (so far, three alternate paths into the first Nightmare transition)... really wanna know more :D!!!

NeoCracker
12-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Its looking like Ill have to wait till its released on PS2. How does this compare to previous Silent Hill games? Mainly the first one, seeing as this is a re-imagining of that game.

This was actually my first Silent Hill, so I can't say how it compares, only that from what I saw of it, it was amazing outside of the controls.

Moon Rabbits
12-08-2009, 05:52 AM
OMG NEW MARY ELIZABETH MCGLYNNNNNNNN YESSSS

Am I the only one who thinks that her and Yamaoka should just go ahead and make an LP? Like fuck! Yamaoka should at least make another one. iFUTURELIST was awesome. AWESOME. Kurutta Kisetsuuuuuuuuuu~~~~

I Don't Need A Name
12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
For you. ;)

YouTube - Silent Hill Shattered Memories - Hell Frozen Rain (Feat. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn) [HQ] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUDEZVP3wFw)

Oh Neo, you are so kind ;)
But it's a very good song. Making me want the game even more now!

KentaRawr!
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I thought the Wiimote was only being used for the flashlight and some interactive environment things. What else is it being used for?

NeoCracker
12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
I thought the Wiimote was only being used for the flashlight and some interactive environment things. What else is it being used for?

The thing is, when you move forward, you move the direction the flashlight is pointing. So if you inwittingly move your hand a bit, you could veer off course. This works for the FPS's on the system, but when all you're doing is running like a little girl, it's far to easy to screw yourself by a couple minor twitches.

KentaRawr!
12-08-2009, 08:57 PM

The thing is, when you move forward, you move the direction the flashlight is pointing. So if you inwittingly move your hand a bit, you could veer off course. This works for the FPS's on the system, but when all you're doing is running like a little girl, it's far to easy to screw yourself by a couple minor twitches.

That's really weird.