PDA

View Full Version : Was this a mistake or was it intentional

MJN SEIFER
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
If you have a W-Item Materia, you can go into battle, select an item, select it again, cancel and its quantity will increase - you can get up to 99 of that item by doing this. (you need atleast two to begin with)

Was this done deleberatly as a little cheat for the gamers? Or did they the mess up the programming?

Raistlin
12-06-2009, 08:50 PM
It's a well-known glitch, so I seriously doubt it was deliberate. I've actually heard of more complicated ways the W-Item materia can be used to duplicate any items in your inventory (it was mentioned in a thread in this forum relatively recently).

Rad Bromance
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah, it was a glitch that people have been taking advantage of for years.

I seriously doubt the developers ever wanted the player to have 99 megalixers. :D

seiferalmasy2
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I am not so sure....but I would say yes it is a mistake, and hopefully one that will be corrected by some at Qhimm forum.

qwertysaur
12-06-2009, 11:51 PM
That looks to be a bug. I actually accidently recreated it in Java a month ago on a homework assignment, so I expect it was a similar mistake in the game. (well not exactly the same, but the same idea)

Skyblade
12-07-2009, 01:05 AM
It seems to be a glitch, except for the fact that the PC release (which did do some clean-up on the game, and some of the game programming), left the W-Item glitch alone, even though it was very well known when the PC version was made.

Wolf Kanno
12-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Most of the earlier FF titles have a similar glitch and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a glitch that the programmers accidentally created but left it in as easy cheat. I'd almost say its a tradition to have an item duplication bug.

Karifean
12-07-2009, 04:55 PM
i am sure that it was a mistake. i think you could cheat yourself full MP with W-Magic if the MP were instantly drained from the char when being ordered to cast.

it just seems to be like: "oh, you've pressed cancel. so i gotta give those items back to you." the game just forgets in W-categories, that the player is still in a sub-menu after cancelling. same like when you use W-Item to use an item on an enemy and cancel the menu without using a second item: you lose 1 charge.

i gotta test whether this works in W-Summon too^^

Darth Cid
12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Most of the earlier FF titles have a similar glitch and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a glitch that the programmers accidentally created but left it in as easy cheat. I'd almost say its a tradition to have an item duplication bug.

Yeah, like in the first Diablo game.

Rad Bromance
12-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Can you tell me how to do it in FFI? It's hard. :D

Mirage
12-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Forget the Megalixirs, I'm looking at you, Hero Drink!

Skyblade
12-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Forget the Megalixirs, I'm looking at you, Hero Drink!

Forget Hero Drink. The #1 use of this is Elixirs for Magic Pot AP Training.

Sephex
12-14-2009, 05:30 AM
I only ever used the glitch to replicate the best greens for chocobo breeding because I didn't feel like artificially extending the game for a few hours to get the gil required in order to keep on buying the greens.