PDA

View Full Version : This is game is really really pretty.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2009, 12:51 AM
The first FFXIII I mean. I haven't looked at much of the others yet.

FINAL FANTASY XIII (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/)

It's just...pretty! I mean it's so pretty, that if it had a crappy plot that I normally couldn't play through (and I have a high tolerance for crappy plots) I would totally play it anyway just because it's so fucking pretty. I guess the website really has to sell the game and all, but still, it can't be that much prettier.

What I've heard of the soundtrack is also gorgeous. I haven't been so impressed by a game's soundtrack since FFX and I haven't even played this yet. Plus the new chocobo theme is really awesome. Probably my favorite so far.

Wow look at me fangirling over a game I haven't played yet! I guess I just find games more enjoyable when I'm not overly skeptical about them and even hype them up a little. I guess this is more than a little, though xD

Okay I'm done >.>

Anyway, who agrees with me? If all else fails this game is at least super super pretty!

Rodney
12-07-2009, 02:58 AM
I agree. Pretty much EVERYTHING looks so, so pretty. The cast, the landscapes, the battle systems, the soundtrack . . . it just can't be beat!

March can't get here soon enough for me!

Though I'll probably watch some playthroughs once it comes out in Japan just to indulge in it pre-release.

Raistlin
12-07-2009, 03:00 AM
It is a very pretty game. Though as someone that generally doesn't care about graphics in RPGs, that fact doesn't raise my expectations any.

Bolivar
12-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Well, Square's always been at the forefront of graphics, effects, and animations, going back to the NES, and it looks like this will be no exception.

I still need to wait until this game is on screen in my living room before I can make a final jdugment of how it stands up against the other graphical heavyweights on the PS3. Time will tell.

Jecht Shot
12-07-2009, 03:04 PM
This will actually be the first game of this console generation that I own (I don't even have a PS3 or 360 yet :yuck:) so the graphics are impressive to me.

Some of the pictures I've seen just look so lifelike, and I realize some of them are from cutscenes and not real time graphics, but man. :Eek:

Anyway, given that most of the same team that was behind FFX is behind this one, I have the utmost faith that almost everything else will be good too. :D

Chocobo Eater
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
This game does look amazing. I only feel bad because I won't get to see it in its full glory because I have a 360 instead of a PS3.

Depression Moon
12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
I think the PS3's graphics have been dumbed down anyway because of it.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2009, 07:23 AM
It's not like they're changing the landscapes or the music around or anything. It'll be like you're using an old TV at worst I imagine.

Flying Arrow
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, Square's always been at the forefront of graphics, effects, and animations, going back to the NES, and it looks like this will be no exception.

Yep. The wonderful art and graphics are one of the main reasons I've gone back and re-played many of the FFs and the Chronos so many times. They're just such excellently-realized and presented settings that I can't help but want to go back.

Mirage
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I think the PS3's graphics have been dumbed down anyway because of it.

There's no way to know for sure if the PS3 could have done the graphics of the planned graphics at a satisfactory framerate either. It's not uncommon to have "target renders" that aren't realtime graphics and then work towards achieving that sort of quality in real time. Sometimes they're not able to, sometimes they are.

Regardless, I think the game looks good now anyway.

ANGRYWOLF
12-12-2009, 07:37 PM
to accomodate the Microsoft version.

I think it's too early to tell that.

It looks to me to be a really pretty game.

I'm looking forward to it.

The game seems very emo to me.The characters seem to have very strong emotions and to be expressing them.As opposed to the obvious lack of emotion in FFXII.The question is whether the characters will be too emotional and whether it's an overcompensation for the perceived by some deficiencies in FFXII.

The summons/eidolons seem pivotal in this game where they seemed almost an afterthought in FFXII.So I find that appealing.

There's another controversy on some boards.Some verses fans are saying verses will be better.I feel it's too early to say that as well.
Time will tell.

I do hope that fans who get the Japanese version will tell us a little about it without spoiling things. I do have some questions so I look forward to their posts.

Croyles
12-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Wow, I love that piano version of the first ever FFXIII song we heard!

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Emotions aren't a bad thing :(

Nifleheim7
12-14-2009, 11:45 PM
I still need to wait until this game is on screen in my living room before I can make a final jdugment of how it stands up against the other graphical heavyweights on the PS3. Time will tell.

Same.
It certainly looks very pretty but i think we have already seen better looking games this generation...

ANGRYWOLF
12-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Final Fantasy XIII images - Gamersyde (http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8821_en.html#forum)

Mirage
12-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Those grass textures are pretty lame, I'll have to admit.

Jecht Shot
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't know if it really has any bearing or not, but the world is supposed to be the size of an MMO.

I wonder if it will be the size of FFXI. If its anything like that, it will be so large that there will be little nooks and crannies that you never even set foot in.

Sword
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Anyway, given that most of the same team that was behind FFX is behind this one, I have the utmost faith that almost everything else will be good too. :D
Aw the same team as FFX? Then let's hope the animation isn't utter :bou::bou::bou::bou: this time.

The game seems very emo to me.The characters seem to have very strong emotions and to be expressing them.As opposed to the obvious lack of emotion in FFXII.The question is whether the characters will be too emotional and whether it's an overcompensation for the perceived by some deficiencies in FFXII.
Honestly, I'm really sick of people saying this now. For any FF game. FFS they're saving the world. Under such pressure don't you think they're allowed to be emotional?

Yeah even if the story and everything is rubbish, I'd still get it for the aesthetics.

ANGRYWOLF
12-17-2009, 04:21 AM
shrugs..

It seems that way to me.

That's not automatically a negative thing.

We'll have to play the game and see.

;)