PDA

View Full Version : How many FF's have you actually beaten?

Chocobo Eater
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Up until a few months ago me and a buddy realized, sadly, that after all the years of us owning the games, that we haven't beaten one. So we decided to embark on "The Pilgrimage"(taken from FFX lol) We are going to go through all of the numerically numbered games, excluding X-2 and XI. We've beaten, in order, X, VI, XII, I, IX, and I just finished V but he can't do it because his ps3 freezes when he tries to save for some reason. We're going to start VIII today. So which ones have you beaten?

Rantz
12-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Played ~14 depending on what you count, beaten 5 xD Yeah, I'm pretty bad at finishing games.

Oh, as for the actual question! I've beaten 1 and 7 through 10.

Raistlin
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I've played significant amounts of all but FFII and FFX-2 (and XI). That being said, I've only beaten: FFI, FFVI, FFVII, FFT, FFXII. Like Rantz, I'm often bad at actually finishing games. Especially with longer games, if I'm distracted for a week or so and stop playing, I have a lot of trouble getting back into it. I beat FFXII nearly a year after I started playing it for that reason.

Jiro
12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
I, VI, IX. So far. I've got end game saves of VII, X and I think XII to polish off, just needs a bit of grinding to get there. I'll have to start II, IV, V and VIII again because I lost/broke/don't have copies of/save files. I will beat III once my DS comes back. Yeah that's it for numbered, the rest can wait until I'm on top of that list xD

qwertysaur
12-08-2009, 02:13 AM
I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIIRW, Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Tactics A2. That many

Depression Moon
12-08-2009, 02:13 AM
^^ Did you realize you put VIII twice?

IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII.

FFVII DoC if that counts too.

Rad Bromance
12-08-2009, 02:15 AM
I've played I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, Tactics, Tactics Advance, Dirge of Cerberus, Revenant Wings and Mystic Quest.

Of those, I've beaten VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and Dirge of Cerberus. :D

UPDATE: As of today I've also played and beaten XIII. :D

FFIX Choco Boy
12-08-2009, 02:56 AM
I've beat a lot. 1-10, X-2, 12, T, TA, Crystal Chronicles, Mystic Quest, plenty of FF1 and 2 remakes, FF7Doc, FF7CC, and I tried Chocobo Dungeon but never beat it since I was just borrowing it from my cousin. So that's 18 + all the remakes.

I beat what I start.

qwertysaur
12-08-2009, 03:17 AM
:shifty:

Slothy
12-08-2009, 03:27 AM
I've beaten all but I, II, III, V and X-2 for numbered entries. I can never seem to make it to the end in I-III, largely because they didn't age well in the gameplay department. Ironically though, I've had the DS version of III for a year and a half now and have never even turned it on. With V I always make it to near the end and then just stop playing for some reason. I have a save file in progress in the GBA version though and am near the end so I'll likely try to finish it over the holidays when I go to my grandparents, if only because I won't have any consoles or my PC to play games on.

As for X-2, I came close to beating it once, then found out I'd be getting the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty ending. Kind of gave up at that point and have no desire to ever touch that piece of crap again. I mean as much fun as the battle system was, it was the shallowest story the series has ever had, including the original NES games, and spat in the face of X.

Wolf Kanno
12-08-2009, 03:56 AM
I've beaten all the numbered FFs as well as FFT, TA, TA2, X-2 (only one ending though), CC, and Dissidia if it counts, the only titles I've yet to finish are XI (computer has been messed up until fairly recently) and XIIRW (terrible plot and so-so gameplay). I still have yet to play Mystic Quest or DoC.

Saber
12-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Just look at the sig...

The Last Oath
12-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Passed I, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII.

Then theres DoC as well. I could pass II but I lost the will to go through levelling up method.

Fynn
12-08-2009, 08:13 AM
I beat I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, DoC: VII, CC: VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, (played XI,) XII, XII:RW, Tactics, Tacics Advance.
I guess that makes 17 games. God, I'm a nerd :greenie:

charliepanayi
12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Not too many: FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX

P4ine
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X and X-2

I've actually played VIII very far, like to the castle, but there was a reason for me dropping the game which I unfortunately don't remember.
But I'm going to catch it up.

VeloZer0
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM

I've actually played VIII very far, like to the castle, but there was a reason for me dropping the game which I unfortunately don't remember.

Like the fact that it locks you out of all the cities? I know I stopped playing as soon as that happened.

Beaten: 1,3-7,9,10,12, T (10 total)
Played: 2 - got to a point where the PS3 doesn't seem compatible with FFO disk :(
8 - see above (that was the last straw, I thought the game was sub par in general)
11 - not really into MMOs, and then again you could argue a MMO is impossible to have beaten anyways.
TA, TA2 - FFT: favorite game ever, FFTA: can't keep me interested for more than an hour
X-2 - couldn't stand then game style/environment/characters
FF:CC - story blows, gameplay was fun until it got repetitive
Dissidia - going to get back to it, the emo-ness of the story segments wore me down, and I quit after a near PSP ending struggle to beat a boss 10 levels above me with 1 hp at the start of the battle

Black Magic Shopkeeper
12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
I, II, skip a few, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII.

But I'm currently working on going through ALL of them, one by one, so that I can say I've beat them all. (Save for FFXI. I don't think that can be beat.)

Craig
12-09-2009, 12:13 AM
ive played all the numbered ones, plus all the tactics ones, crystal chronicles, 10-2 and my life as a king

ive beaten.. 7, 9, 10, 10-2 and tactics advance so yeah not many

i did get right to the end on crystal chronicles, 8 and tactics advance 2 but i got bored

P4ine
12-09-2009, 05:50 PM

Like the fact that it locks you out of all the cities? I know I stopped playing as soon as that happened.whoa, you are? sounds like a good reason to cancel the game to me :D
but wasn't there something else? something about your aeons, weren't you unable to use them in the castle? and magic too?

i think so, cause my normal attack was ridiculously weak, maybe because of this i had cancelled the game (, too) :D

Craig
12-09-2009, 06:26 PM

Like the fact that it locks you out of all the cities? I know I stopped playing as soon as that happened.whoa, you are? sounds like a good reason to cancel the game to me :D
but wasn't there something else? something about your aeons, weren't you unable to use them in the castle? and magic too?

i think so, cause my normal attack was ridiculously weak, maybe because of this i had cancelled the game (, too) :D

yeah you lose access to all of your abilities and you have to fight bosses to get them back 1 by 1 if i remember. thats why i stopped playing

P4ine
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM

yeah you lose access to all of your abilities and you have to fight bosses to get them back 1 by 1 if i remember. thats why i stopped playing
yup, remember it now too
stupid game

(don't go bad on me, but even apart from that aspect I've never liked the game.. the characters were just sooo copied from other ffs (especially 7).. so they had like no identity... the music wasn't as good as in other ffs, the story wasn't on the niveau a general ff would be.. jeez)

Pete for President
12-09-2009, 08:46 PM
VII, X, XII and Tactics.

Kalim
12-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Let's see... I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, FF Tactics, and Chrono Trigger.

Christmas
12-10-2009, 04:27 AM
One to X-2! :bigsmile:

black orb
12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
>>> ff1, ff2, ff4, ff5, ff7, ff8, ff9, ff10, ff10-2, ff12, DoC, Dissidia, FFT, Mystic Quest..
If I had a Gamecube/GBA/DS that list would be bigger..:luca:

Barraza
12-12-2009, 03:15 AM
Um, all of them. And most of the spin-offs.

God, guys. Stop drooling over how cool Cloud looks, and pick up the controller. It's weird to be so into FaiFan if you can't even play them.

Flying Arrow
12-14-2009, 01:10 AM
I've finished all of the main series except XI (I'm not an online gamer), including the GBA re-makes of IV-VI, and Tactics A2. I've also dabbled in the original Tactics, Mystic Quest, Dirge of Cerberus, and FFIIIDS. I'm not as dedicated a fan as some around here, but my excitement always goes through the roof when a new entry in the main off-line series is released, so I'll be there on opening day for XIII and possibly VSXIII (because I like the idea of a Compilation series that isn't a straight up retcon milk job).

ANGRYWOLF
12-14-2009, 01:57 AM
Played IV, V, X-2 and XII.

:D

Necronopticous
12-14-2009, 02:30 AM
All of them, of course.

Mirage
12-14-2009, 06:44 AM
I've beaten the final fantasy games from 4 to 10-2. I haven't beaten any of the spinoff games.

I've tried 1-3, Tactics, Tactics advance, 11 and 12, but never got to the end, sometimes because they were boring, sometimes because i disliked the battle system, or in the case of FF11 because it takes too much fucking time.

12-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I've beaten every one that I played. That's I-IX, Tactics, TA, TA:2, and MQ. I really can't understand why someone wouldn't play all the way through a game unless they don't have time, in which case I don't understand why they bought it to begin with. The list of RPGs I hated so much I couldn't finish them are very few, and in the case of FF I'll still play through just because it's a FF game (looking at you, II).

materia_master
01-24-2010, 05:05 AM
I,II,III,IV,VII,VIII,IX,X,Tactics,VII DoC, VII Crisis Core and playing V and VI at the moment.

Played Tactics Advaced, X2 and XII and couldn't keep my attention for very long.

Vermachtnis
01-24-2010, 05:58 AM
I, III, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, X, X-2, Mystic Quest

Gonna add XII to that list next.

Roogle
01-24-2010, 07:27 AM
I have beaten the following Final Fantasy games:

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart
Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest

How can you beat Final Fantasy XI? Is that really possible? Personally, I consider the actual gameplay content in the form of missions as the bulk of the game. If you complete all of the missions and associated quests with a part of Final Fantasy XI, then you beat that part of the game.

The original Final Fantasy XI consisted of a series of missions to defeat the Shadow Lord; its expansions featured similar confrontations against more powerful bosses. You can discuss more about beating Final Fantasy XI (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xi-online/129068-possible-beat-game.html) in the linked topic.

Lunatic_High
01-24-2010, 08:14 AM
- Final Fantasy VI
- Final Fantasy VII
- Final Fantasy VIII
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy X
- Final Fantasy X-2

- Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts II

MJN SEIFER
01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
With Cheat Devices: FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX.

Without Cheat Devices: FFVII :(

In my defence I only recently quit using cheat devices, and I am almost done with FFVIII.

Karifean
01-24-2010, 07:02 PM
VII
VIII
X
X-2 (International, not Last Mission though)
XII
Dirge of Cerberus
Still lacking 100% Creature Completion in X-2 though. And I really loved Triple Triad.

tailz
01-27-2010, 08:41 AM
in order

X, VI, TA, V, VIII, IV, VII, X-2, IX, III

Shiny
01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I've beaten VI-X-2, Tactics A2, and I've played V, Tactics Advanced, a little bit of Origins (I & II), XII, but did not finish them either because I found them boring or just didn't feel like finishing it right now.

Sephiroth
01-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy II/IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy III/VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI - (well, it is an online RPG, but it has its story as well)
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance II Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Ring of Fates
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Dissidia
Ehrgeiz (it's not really a Final Fantasy but I think I should count it as well)
Chocobo Racing
Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon

Other Final Fantasy(-like) RPGs published by Square:

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy Legend, et cetera
Secret of Mana
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

I want The After Years and Before Crisis...

Bolivar
01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
All of them. including Tactics. Except XI. Multiple times. Except Tactics, because I've gotten stuck a lot of times.

silentenigma
01-27-2010, 09:54 PM
All of them.

Super Christ
01-28-2010, 02:21 AM
All of the main numbered series except XI, as well as X-2, Revenant Wings, and the original Crystal Chronicles.

Rase
02-01-2010, 07:00 AM
I
II
IV
VI
VII
VIII
Mystic Quest

Vermachtnis
02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Beat XII the other day. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xii/129572-i-dont-like-final-boss.html)

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
I've beaten IV through to XII (not including XI 'course) so that's 9 (X-2 is in there too)

Tactics Advance makes it 10. I've completed everyones story and did them extra chapters in Dissidia, so that's probably counted as a completion. So 11.

Oh, forgot about Dirge of Cerberus. 12.

edit: CRISIS CORE. Bloody FFVII compilations. 13.

Momiji
02-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I, IV, VII, VIII, IX, X, FFT, FFTA. I've either come extremely close or got bored with the others.

Jiro
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
in which case I don't understand why they bought it to begin with.

Until very recently, the only games I had actually purchased was V and X. And my copy of Dawn of Souls that was stolen. And until very recently I haven't had the intelligence to play the game smartly, or even the patience to grind the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out it for an easy win.

Also, disk scratches. That has stopped me from finishing VII and VIII.

Mercen-X
02-03-2010, 06:03 PM
The ones I've bothered playing... so, VII (including Dirge), VIII, IX, X, X-2, I'm getting close on XII and Crisis Core, but my focus is divided between them and 13 other games.

Rase
02-03-2010, 08:17 PM
I really can't understand why someone wouldn't play all the way through a game unless they don't have time, in which case I don't understand why they bought it to begin with. The list of RPGs I hated so much I couldn't finish them are very few, and in the case of FF I'll still play through just because it's a FF game (looking at you, II).
Some people would prefer to spend time playing games they enjoy then slogging through one they got sick of halfway through. In the past year I didn't finish Tomb Raider Legend, Devil May Cry, Brutal Legend, GTA IV, Tenchu: Shadow Assassin's, Wario Land: Shake It!, and Prince of Persia. They all grabbed me for some time and then just failed to hold on. I've had the same problem with RPG's at times, even after 20 hours of play (Tales of Symphonia the first time through).

Croyles
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
All the numbered titles including X-2 but excluding XI (which I placed till level 32).
One of the Mystic Quest games (lol).

Tactics, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH.
And probably one or two more...

Bastian
02-09-2010, 02:43 AM
I, II, III, III DS, IV, IV DS, V, VI, IX. :)

Other games I've beaten with "Final Fantasy" in the title: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy Adventure, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, FF:CC: EOT, FF:CC:ROF.

XII has caught my curiosity as of today.

Levian
02-09-2010, 02:46 AM
Completed: IV, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2

So Damned Close: V, VI

Kinda Close: I, XII

Not even close: II, III

Goldenboko
02-09-2010, 03:45 AM
Completed: I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XII.

So Close, why haven't I Finished it Yet? XII Rev. Wings. Seriously, 2 battles left for a year and I haven't completed it yet. wtf is wrong with me?

In Progress: V, Tactics

Will Probably Never Complete: X-2

leader of mortals
02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I've played 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 7DoC, 7CC, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 12RW, and Tactics.

I have beaten 7, 7DoC, 7CC, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12.

I made it to the final dungeon in 3 and 4

I gave up on 8

I used to play 6 as a kid, don't remember how far I made it.

With 1, I wasn't too far away, but then my file went bye-bye.

With Tactics, my PSP broke.

With 12RW, I couldn't win a fight and gave up.

blackmage_nuke
02-15-2010, 06:59 PM
6 to 10-2 and 1

I've started the rest (besides XI) but havent gotten very far, the furthest in is 3 or 4 where im about half way in and I'd really like to finish them. Never finished any spinoff games and Ive only played Dirge of Cerberus which i didnt really like.

And ive never really been a fan of the Tactics style games.

Mercen-X
02-16-2010, 06:58 PM
With Tactics, my PSP broke.

Mine isn't broken per se. The screen is fractured so one-third is black and it makes playing any PSP game difficult. Anyone want to set up a challenge play for themselves and buy my PSP for the same price it was bought for?

Miriel
02-19-2010, 08:18 AM
None. :crying2:

I have gotten to nearly the very end for a couple of 'em, but never completely beat any.

Clyde's Shadow
02-28-2010, 04:11 AM
VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, CC, DoC. Playing through IV and Dissidia atm.

Del Murder
02-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Pretty much all of them. Haven't beaten any of the Crystal Chronicles series, Dissidia, or any of the FFVII spawns, but the rest I've beaten.

Silace
03-28-2010, 02:43 PM
II on GBA (not including the after game dungeon/s) VI, VII, X, Tactics and Tactics Advance.

Nearly finished VIII but ive lost the fourth cd, go figure and V on emulator.
What are people finishing 3 on? DS? i might get the repro cart for Nes.

Christmas
05-24-2022, 12:24 PM
Played 10, finished 10. I am a person of conviction that will see things done.