PDA

View Full Version : Precocious children

Rye
12-09-2009, 10:17 AM
My favorite thing in the world is when children act and say adult things in a huff. I was walking into town sometime ago and this tiny girl didn't want to go somewhere with her mother, so she put her hands on her hips and said "FOR GOODNESS SAKES!" and bounded off with her. xD

I don't know if I was like that when I was a child or not. Apparently, I would just bang my head on the wall if I was angry, until I got my way.

What do you like most about kids?

About before we post...

http://auanime.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/kimura3.jpg

Don't be a pedophile. :bigsmile:

G13
12-09-2009, 10:32 AM
I enjoy listening to them when they're first learning to talk. My cousin's son tried mimicking people when they talked, trying to have a conversation with them in what he thought were words. "Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa?" was what he said every time, always in the form of a question.

I remember one time my friends son, who was two at the time, took me downstairs to see the "haunted house" his parents had made for him in their basement. He turned the lights off, grabbed my hand, and ran, scared, as fast as he could back upstairs. He started giggling and wanted to do it a thousand more times. Each time he'd say "C'mon Eeric, let's get skeered!". I like how kids can be goofballs without feeling embarrassed about it, whereas adults are afraid to be goofy for fear of being looked at funny.

Christmas
12-09-2009, 11:54 AM
YouTube - Precocious child (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6aEo0WxOW4)

Old Manus
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
YouTube - 'Bacon is good for me!' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo)

Rantz
12-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Precocious kids are the cutest. xD

YouTube - Kick His Ass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7u33y45W8)

Levian
12-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I like it when they're old enough to communicate but still young enough to amuse me with their stupidity. :D My nephew says the funniest things.

Madame Adequate
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
When I got annoyed with people when I was tiny, I reportedly threatened to take their batteries out.

I love precocious kids, they're the cutest!

~*~Celes~*~
12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
When my sister Tiffany was a toddler, when she'd get angry, she'd fold her arms over her chest and say "I'm not precious...HMMPH!" and turn her head to the side, nose in the air all snobbishly xD

Mirage
12-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Bacon is good for me is no doubt the best one.

Lawr
12-09-2009, 03:37 PM
I am a precocious kid.

Breine
12-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I work as a teacher in three different after school clubs, so I'm very often around a lot of kids. Therefore I also hear some very weird and funny things coming out of their mouths. I love that kids are straightforward and spontaneous. However, some kids can also be annoyingly spoiled, but thankfully that's only a small part. Most are adorable.

Also, just their perception of the world. They can't wrap their heads around the fact that I still live at home, and that I don't have a girlfriend. 'Cause, to them when you're 21 you're OOOOLD, and of course you have a wife and kids.

Once I'd borrowed my mom's bike to work, and when one of the girls saw me riding on a woman's bike she yelled: "Tee hee hee, Kristian is riding his wife's bike!", to which I answered "I don't have a wife". All of a sudden the look on her face became very serious and she asked in a silent voice, "...Is your wife dead?".
All I could do was laugh out loud. But yeah, you hear the funniest things.

Kamiko
12-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Precocious children are the most fun to take care of.
I work as a nanny sometimes during the summers and my favorite child is this little boy (about five) who said, when I told him to go to his room " If you strike be down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Yar
12-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I work with kids everyday so I hate them.

Shoeberto
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Little kids are just for the most part super cute.
YouTube - Star Wars according to a 3 year old. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBM854BTGL0)

I want to teach my nephew to be a total smart aleck when he starts talking. I wanna see him do funny stuff like that, regardless of how much of a pain it is for my sister :bigsmile:

Rodarian
12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Apparently I was the devil's child when I was younger.

I've screamed into an telecom unit of an aircraft

I've driven a dinky car over a bald mans head seated in seat in front of me in an aircraft.

I've bitten an uncle of mine.

Ate poo and wiped it all over my lil body... (apparently my mom and her sister were so hysterical that it my grand ma who had to wash me.Plus her back threw and to this day the back pain creeps up now and then)

Of course things are much better now.;)

Now generally I'm good with kids, bratty kids I stay away from cause they say some really insane things. Others say some real funny stuff.

This four yrs old approached my cousin who was pregnant and asked if she was having a baby which she replied yes. The kid then points to his dad and says that Daddy is having a baby too!

XD XD

Raistlin
12-09-2009, 11:19 PM
My step-dad is an avid Pepsi fan and I used to only drink Coke... so naturally I taught my sister when she was little to say "Coke is good; Pepsi sucks!" much to my mom's disapproval. Anyway, when she was maybe 4 or 5, she said that once, and my step-dad retorted with "Coke sucks!" My little 4-or-5-year-old sister quickly turned on him, stomped her foot, and screamed "YOU suck, Daddy!"

There was a slight pause before both he and I burst into laughter. I was quite proud.

Meat Puppet
12-09-2009, 11:41 PM
It’s not so funny when you realize you have ruined her life.

Lawr
12-09-2009, 11:45 PM
She's going to drop out of High School for sure.

Shlup
12-10-2009, 12:39 AM
My seven-year-old brother went through and Rick Roll'd every one of his Facebook friends yesterday. :/

black orb
12-10-2009, 01:21 AM
>>> Precocious children are evil..:luca:

Momiji
12-10-2009, 01:22 AM
For the most part, I don't like kids. In general, they're noisy and annoying and selfish.

However...

Precocious kids are the cutest. xD

YouTube - Kick His Ass (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg7u33y45W8)

this totally brightened my day.

I guess the quiet bookworm kids are fine to be around, I suppose. :-/

NorthernChaosGod
12-11-2009, 09:06 AM
My seven-year-old brother went through and Rick Roll'd every one of his Facebook friends yesterday. :/

Why does he have a Facebook account? O_O

Also, I had to post this.
"Today, my mom and I were trying on clothes at the mall. Somewhere in the dressing room, someone lets out the biggest burp ever. We all giggle to ourselves until some lady cries out, “DIANA! That’s not very ladylike!” A little voice then responds, “I’m not a lady, I’m five.” That kid is going places. MLIA. "

Shlup
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Doesn't everyone have one? xP

Don't worry, it's monitored. He mostly uses it to bug me.

Raistlin
12-11-2009, 03:15 PM

I like him.

Anyway, my 10-year-old sister doesn't have a Facebook account... as far as I know. She just text messages more than the rest of the family combined. She's "precocious" in the sense that she already acts like a teenage girl, which makes me thankful I'm out of the house before she actually becomes a teenage girl.

NorthernChaosGod
12-12-2009, 04:05 AM

Doesn't everyone have one? xP

My 19-year-old brother doesn't have one, he's also not very computer savvy.

But still, seven? Christ.

Freya
12-12-2009, 05:03 AM
Once I'd borrowed my mom's bike to work, and when one of the girls saw me riding on a woman's bike she yelled: "Tee hee hee, Kristian is riding his wife's bike!", to which I answered "I don't have a wife". All of a sudden the look on her face became very serious and she asked in a silent voice, "...Is your wife dead?".
All I could do was laugh out loud. But yeah, you hear the funniest things.

That one is pretty funny xD I have a little neighbor girl that always asks if my brother has girlfriends.

A few months ago I was coughing and just kinda leaned back cause I was tired of being sick and my niece looks at me, rolls her eyes and says, "It's not that bad."

It made me laugh cause she wasn't even 2 and half yet.

Jiro
12-12-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Breine :( You had to laugh because the hurt is just so much.

xD Kids are great. Today the son of one of the guys I do athletics with was flicking through a Naruto manga to get inspiration to go beat up his friend. He'd flick through some pages, mumble some words of approval and then make noises and swing his fists and chase the other kid. It was fantastic.

Breine
12-12-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your wife Breine :( You had to laugh because the hurt is just so much.

Yes, I laugh to hide the fact that I'm dead inside and cry myself to sleep every night :(

Raistlin
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
The definition of precocious. (http://www.experienceproject.com/uw2.php?e=816495)

Moon Rabbits
12-13-2009, 01:38 AM

This video makes me feel sick because you know that this kid learned to interact with women this way by following his father's example.

Captain Maxx Power
12-13-2009, 01:51 AM
What do you like most about kids

When they don't do anything. Or say anything. And are about a hundred feet away from me. And out of my line of sight.

Medi
12-13-2009, 04:41 AM

YES. This is the video that instantly came to mind when I saw the first post. Amusing and horrifying.

Momiji
12-13-2009, 04:49 AM

This video makes me feel sick because you know that this kid learned to interact with women this way by following his father's example.

Gotta admit, he conveys his emotions coherently, something most kids can't do. I thought he laid down his irrational smackdown quite eloquently! Kinda makes me want to give him a cookie, and then smack him while he eats it.

Shauna
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Not at all about a precocious child (I don't believe), just an adorable one in general, but it's a story about some kid on the bus that I felt must be told. :p

The kid and his mother were talking about Christmas, and the mother was asking him what he wanted from Santa. The kid soon started asking what the Mum was getting from Santa, to which she answered "Santa doesn't bring me presents. He only brings you and other children presents." Upon hearing this, the kid grabbed his Mum's hand and said "Don't worry, Mummy. I'll buy you presents, so we will have the same amount to open on Christmas!"

It was adorable through and though. :heart:

Moon Rabbits
12-13-2009, 06:53 PM

Gotta admit, he conveys his emotions coherently, something most kids can't do. I thought he laid down his irrational smackdown quite eloquently! Kinda makes me want to give him a cookie, and then smack him while he eats it.

True, but he's parroting so I don't think I'm impressed. And at one point while he's packing his bags he doesn't make any sense at all. I don't care, though, his "running in those little high heels" comment infuriated me beyond anything else:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Oh, and this is what I like about kids:

What do you like most about kids

When they don't do anything. Or say anything. And are about a hundred feet away from me. And out of my line of sight.

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I like the sound their faces make when they connect with my boots.

Also, I laughed so hard at the mental image of bacon boy getting attacked by wolves. xD