PDA

View Full Version : PixelJunk Shooter's Out

Bolivar
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
I got a chance to play it the first level this morning and I was glad to find it's just as tight, accessible, and engrossing as the first 3 PixelJunk games. Might be playing this all night, haven't got a trophy yet but hope to. I think these games have gotten better and better, with Eden being a really tough act to follow but I think people might be even more satisfied with this one, although it doesn't seem to be generating as much media hype.

Anyone else have any thoughts, questions, or experiences with PixelJunk 1-4?

Dreddz
12-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I want this sooooooo badly but I can't throw down the cash just yet. Pixeljunk games are always quality.

Slothy
12-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I despised Pixeljunk Racers. To the point that I almost completely neglected every game they made after that. But since I'm a sucker for tower defense I tried Monsters and it was awesome. I wasn't as taken by Eden, though it was a pretty unique and creative game it just didn't draw me in.

I am interested in Shooter though. I love old 2D shooter games, and though this seems to lean more to the puzzle side than the action side, I'm cool with that. It looks like it'd be fun to me at least.

JKTrix
12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
It's the fastest I've had fun in a PixelJunk game.

If you have a DSi and want some other recent(ish) stuff from the same developer, ArtStyle: Digidrive (or Intersect in PAL regions) is also pretty neat.