PDA

View Full Version : Weird habits

Raistlin
12-12-2009, 05:17 AM
So between working on outlines and exams for what seems like an eternity, I am getting very used to using keyboard shortcuts to quickly save work. I realized that it had reached a new level when, after finishing a post on EoFF, I tried to use the Word keyboard shortcut to save it.

Topic: is there anything you've done over and over and over again, so much that 1) you start thinking about it all the time, and/or 2) you start inappropriately using those habits in other settings.

Alternatively, discuss weird habits in general, or things you really can't wait to be done with. Also discuss TERRIBLE HABITS that get in the way. I am an obsessive procrastinator, so this doesn't suit me well.

Christmas
12-12-2009, 05:20 AM
I always scratch my armpit when I sees Raistlin's posts, no idea though. :bou:

Is this terrible enough? :confused:

rubah
12-12-2009, 05:32 AM
sometimes I find myself doing force balances on objects I see. Or trying to find their natural frequencies.

I'm pretty sure I've reached for ctrl+z when drawing (with a pencil), but that was a while back.

I always reach down with one hand as I enter my house, but that's mostly to make sure my cat doesn't escape.

Freya
12-12-2009, 05:39 AM
I tend to spin things. Phones, pens, books. I just spin them. O.O it scratches my phones up.

I've been so use to putting smilies after practically everything I say in IM that I forget that I don't need so many in places like forums.

~*~Celes~*~
12-12-2009, 06:15 AM
I tend to blush/giggle TONS when complimented and then I feel bad if I don't compliment back :(

Shadowdust
12-12-2009, 07:11 AM
I tend to spin things. Phones, pens, books. I just spin them. O.O it scratches my phones up.

Yeah, I do that a lot as well. For some reason I feel the need to throw things in the air as well.

At my work, I often have to roll bundles of newsprint. I find I tend to roll napkins and other paper products when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Raistlin
12-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I've reached for ctrl+z when drawing (with a pencil), but that was a while back.

Ok, that one's worse than mine.

Anyway, Torts is over, so now instead of maintaining these habits from working so hard on it, I can instead, well, die.

rubah
12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
it was at the height of my drawing/photoshopping time, so I can understand why it would occur.

Thinking on this topic again, reaching for my calculator regardless of the calculations (if there be any) I need to perform. Writing the mass flow rate? Calculator in hand. 2+2? Calculator. I don't necessarily press any buttons, but it helps me think

Rad Bromance
12-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Sometimes when I walk up stairs and get to the top I keep stepping like there's another step and almost fall down! :D

black orb
12-12-2009, 11:37 PM
>>> This: >>>
and this: :luca:

Momiji
12-12-2009, 11:51 PM
I spin things like pencils, pens, silverware, umbrellas, etc around my fingers a lot.

I've also developed an annoying nervous habit of holding my pen in my mouth when I'm uncomfortable or thinking too hard.