PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest Flaw of X-2 (SPOILERS)

Forsaken Lover
12-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I realize there's a lot of people who hate this game but I quite like it.

However there is one thing that has always and will always bug me.

The Good and Perfect Ending suck balls.

Firs toff, let's compare.
YouTube - Final Fantasy X-2 Normal Ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99fn1kS1IMc)

YouTube - Final Fantasy X-2 Second Best ending a.k.a. good ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNf3vHJRz24)

YouTube - Final Fantasy X-2 "Perfect Ending" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbugG6m0b-A)

Now for anyone who has tried to get or gotten 100% Completion in one playthrough you know it's not the easiest and most enjoyable thing to do. You have to do the most random tedious crap imaginable. I can't even begin to count how many hours I spent trying to get my Chocobos up to the best level and then sending htem all out to find that secret dungeon in the Calm Lands.

And you could at least fight then. Other things like the CommSpheres just demanded you watch some stupid mook guard stand around....

And you do all this...for the two POS endings I showed you.

The only reason I even attempt to get a lot of the story completed is because you're actually given a choice not to see Tidus again at which point you get the nice Normal Ending.

Formalhaut
12-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Agreed. I Quite Like The Game, Not The Best FF, Not The Worst. There Is Alot Of Detail And Effort And Sidequests :D

But The Endings Are Good, Although Getting Them Is Quite Tedious ( I Think You Need 2 Playthroughs To Get The 100%)

Christmas
12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
:(Someone wrote this. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x-x-2/71730-ffx-2-truth.html) :(

Forsaken Lover
12-16-2009, 12:31 AM
I stopped reading since Yuna is a piece of crap character in the first game and improves majorly in X-2.

And this is just wrong.

front of the camera (which is always handily placed in the exact position where you get to see the most of her underage body).

Yuna's 19.

Rad Bromance
12-16-2009, 01:55 AM
The Good Ending was the best, in my opinion. The Perfect Ending was a bit underwhelming to me though. :D

That being said, I very much enjoyed FFX-2, but I won't deny the fact that it's extremely flawed.

Forsaken Lover
12-16-2009, 03:35 AM
I just think the music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uggTkmumdI) and how Yuna appears to have gotten on with her life makes the Normal Ending the best.

qwertysaur
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Agreed. I Quite Like The Game, Not The Best FF, Not The Worst. There Is Alot Of Detail And Effort And Sidequests :D

But The Endings Are Good, Although Getting Them Is Quite Tedious ( I Think You Need 2 Playthroughs To Get The 100%)
It is possibly to get the perfect ending in one playthrough. You must give the awesome sphere to the youth League to get it though.

Another flaw is that if in chapter five you get the episode complete in Zanarkand last you don't get the mascot dressphere.

I stand by that the battle system is great and overall the game is not as bad as people make it out to be. :choc:

Formalhaut
12-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Really? Because You Get Different Cutscenes With New Yevon, Plus A Chance To Win The Shing Mirrior GG.

Ah Well.

Point Being, Just Like Qwerty, Sure It Has Bad Points Like Every Other Game, Its Not Bad. Not Great, Good. And Good Is Good Enough For Me.

Darth Cid
12-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Actually, I always thought the biggest flaw in FFX-2 is FFX-2 itself, they meant for a sequel to happen to FFX they planning it while making FFX but it was poorly executed.

Jecht Shot
12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
The only real problem I had with this game was that horrendous chapter where all you do is check the comm spheres. :irked:

But I also kinda felt that the good and perfect endings kinda ruined the FFX ending a little, even tho I do like them.

Markus. D
12-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I needed multiple diffuculties... if only it had pulled a Tri-Ace ]:

ANGRYWOLF
12-17-2009, 03:50 AM
I liked the new more assertive Yuna.

I realize some people didn't want Tidus to be resurrected.They felt like it was a betrayal of FFX. I didn't.I feel it was a good thing for Yuna to try to rescue Tidus.

The game was way too easy by far.I would have made it tougher and somewhat darker in tone.Brother acting silly over Yuna and that silly thieves group,Leblanc or whatever they were called; I have forgotten their name, with their half naked leader detracted from the game so people didn't take it as seriously as they might otherwise have.

Darth Cid
12-17-2009, 03:57 AM
I liked the new more assertive Yuna.

I realize some people didn't want Tidus to be resurrected.They felt like it was a betrayal of FFX. I didn't.I feel it was a good thing for Yuna to try to rescue Tidus.

The game was way too easy by far.I would have made it tougher and somewhat darker in tone.Brother acting silly over Yuna and that silly thieves group,Leblanc or whatever they were called; I have forgotten their name, with their half naked leader detracted from the game so people didn't take it as seriously as they might otherwise have.

I know I didn't.

BG-57
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
The whole game was really unecessary, but it was fun to play as long as you tuned out the plot, which was pretty weak, especially compared to FFX.

The greatest flaw in the % system was that fractional points counted but weren't displayed, so you could miss something and not even realise it.

The endings always make me think of the 'Mega-Happy' ending from Wayne's World.

Depression Moon
12-17-2009, 11:20 PM
The problem I had with it was the story and that was just it. To me it's the worst of the series that I've played. Had a great combat system though.

Forsaken Lover
12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
I don't mind the story at all myself. As the first sequel to the main series it gave us a fresh perspective on things.

In FFX an oppressive theocracy and a giant monster generally kept everyone down. X-2 shows how humanity can rebound in good and bad ways. The conflict between New Yevon and the Youth League was my favorite part of the game's story.
That and the fact Shuyin has a point about the world not changing at all.

BG-57
12-18-2009, 10:05 PM
The parts of the story that I enjoy involve the characters new to FFX-2: Shuyin, Lenne, Nooj, Gippal, Leblanc, Ormi and Logos. The carryover characters from FFX don't seem true to their natures as established in the first game.

Old Manus
12-23-2009, 11:59 AM
:aimkiss:

Forsaken Lover
12-23-2009, 11:08 PM
The parts of the story that I enjoy involve the characters new to FFX-2: Shuyin, Lenne, Nooj, Gippal, Leblanc, Ormi and Logos. The carryover characters from FFX don't seem true to their natures as established in the first game.

Which is only a good thing for me since I love X-2 Yuna and hate X Yuna.

ANGRYWOLF
12-23-2009, 11:21 PM

Which is only a good thing for me since I love X-2 Yuna and hate X Yuna.

To me Yuna was Yuna.
Stress can make people change.
shrugs...

The carryover characters didn't feel the urgency because Sin had been defeated.So I don't blame them for feeling less than enthusiastic about Yuna's efforts with the Gullwings...

Has anyone mentioned the bridge video made that links FFX and X2 ?
I'll try to find it and post a link.

Christmas
06-16-2022, 01:57 PM
Too much skin exposed to the elements and monsters. Perm Dark Knight Dress spheres forever. :bigsmile: