PDA

View Full Version : After beating Ocarina of Time, what would be the ideal game to play?

KentaRawr!
12-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Well? Which game?

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Do you have friends to play Four Swords Adventures with? Because if not, Majora's Mask is a much better choice.

Slothy
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I like Majora's Mask more than Ocarina so that.

KentaRawr!
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Do you have friends to play Four Swords Adventures with? Because if not, Majora's Mask is a much better choice.

Normally, yes. But one of my GBAs bit the dust.

Markus. D
12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Perhaps a different genre of gaming to keep it fresh, unless yee must continue Zelda gaming.

Zeldy
12-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Majora's mask, definitely! :excited:

Zeromus_X
12-15-2009, 05:11 AM
Majora's Mask for sure, unless you were already burned out of Ocarina of Time.

NeoCracker
12-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Majora's Mask gets no where near the love it deserves. :love:

qwertysaur
12-15-2009, 05:14 AM
The great Bay temple can be annoying but Majoras Mask is a lot of fun anyway!

Levian
12-15-2009, 05:48 AM

NorthernChaosGod
12-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Shlup
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Why not Twilight Princess?? D:

Slothy
12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Because maybe he's played it.

If not then Twilight Princess is basically Ocarina with a god awful wolf form and mind numbing fetch questing that you absolutely must complete to progress. Personally, I'd say avoid it.

I Took the Red Pill
12-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I had a great time playing Four Swords Adventure alone. I'd recommend it over Majora's Mask, which I didn't care for.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2009, 07:01 PM

If not then Twilight Princess is basically Ocarina with a god awful wolf form and mind numbing fetch questing that you absolutely must complete to progress. Personally, I'd say avoid it.

I've played all of the Zelda games. Why else would I have a Zelda related avatar? :p

But yeah, Majora's Mask seems like the right choice. I've only ever beaten it once. I'm feeling very WW-ish, but my copy of the game was stolen by a scoundrel.

Edit: Actually, I haven't played either of the DS games. ;-;

Rantz
12-15-2009, 07:08 PM
The DS games are fantastic! I'm playing through Spirit Tracks right now and loving it.

P4ine
12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Majora's Mask of course as it is its sequel; afterwards Twilight Princess, as it is Majora's Mask's sequel.
(Remember, all LoZ titles have some kind of triangular connection)

Get prepared for some freakingly weird interpretation lol:

Majora's Mask is such an outstanding game. Seriously, there hasn't been ANY LoZ title as remarkable as MM.
Well, okay, there's no actual connection to Hyrule's princess Zelda, neither there's one to Ganon.

I'm rather talking about the game's atmossphere. All the time in LoZ Ganon was to take over the world.
But c'mon, taking over the world doesn't sound that morbidly after all.

.. At least not as morbide as a hell of moon crushing the world. Consequently bringing up aspects which haven't been featured in any LoZ title so far as well: The apocalypse itself.

So Horror Kid becomes somewhat of way more morbid than Ganon. I used to regard him as the devil himself -c'mon, that mask would still scare the sh.. out of me today-, by doing so, the game even got a religious aspect, namely not featuring a apocalypse but a doomsday, but not lead by some kind of 'good' super authority (God, namely) but rather a destruction seeking super authority (namely the Devil).

I'll give you an example to underline my theses.
Have you guys ever seen what happens when you don't play the hymn of time in those last five minutes and the moon crushes the earth?
Everything is set into fire and flames, everything is burnt down.

This may be regarded as reference to hell.

Then on the other hand there's our alleged hero of time who kinda becomes some hero in general, or to continue my religious thread.. some kind of prophet?
Or more precisely, a prophet sent by the four gods in the game, who is to fulfill his oath to order?

.. Well, the game's soundtrack even has a track named 'Oath to Order' (One of my favourites by the way); the song's atmossphere is undescribably lugubrious, I always thought of it as a dirge, a dirge lamenting the world's situation.

Listen HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69iIz1Kg1gA), at all costs!!
That's the orchestral version, the normal version didn't feature any instruments but celli and choir, so be sure to list to it as well.

So overall, it is a very profound game with sooo many symbols to analyse. There should be MANY more games like this.

My goodness, I've never analysed the game this far anytime.
I'd LOVE to see you guys comment on this.

KentaRawr!
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I happened to make a blog entry about Majora's Mask on this little site called omgmygame.

Skyblade
12-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Majora's Mask of course as it is its sequel; afterwards Twilight Princess, as it is Majora's Mask's sequel.

Wind Waker is actually closer to a sequel to MM than TP is. It makes a much bigger deal of the Hero of Time, and it at least mentions the events of OoT and MM, including the Triforce of Courage abandoning Link when he left Hyrule for Termina.

And the next one to play is clearly Master Quest. The awesome story of OoT with much better puzzles. :)

Ouch!
12-16-2009, 03:01 AM

Wind Waker is actually closer to a sequel to MM than TP is. It makes a much bigger deal of the Hero of Time, and it at least mentions the events of OoT and MM, including the Triforce of Courage abandoning Link when he left Hyrule for Termina.
Actually, Wind Waker takes place following an ending to Ocarina of Time in which Link does not go back in time to relive his childhood. Twilight Princess is part of the timeline in which Link does go back in time and Ganondorf is subsequently stopped before he can take over Hyrule (at which point he is sealed in the Twilight Realm instead of the Sacred Realm) so Twilight Princess is actually the closer sequel to Majora's Mask.

KentaRawr!
12-16-2009, 03:09 AM

Actually, Wind Waker takes place following an ending to Ocarina of Time in which Link does not go back in time to relive his childhood. Twilight Princess is part of the timeline in which Link does go back in time and Ganondorf is subsequently stopped before he can take over Hyrule (at which point he is sealed in the Twilight Realm instead of the Sacred Realm) so Twilight Princess is actually the closer sequel to Majora's Mask.

What he said. This is called the Split Timeline Theory.

Shlup
12-16-2009, 04:33 AM

I fail to see your point.

Slothy
12-16-2009, 12:44 PM

I fail to see your point.

That's because you didn't check out the second half of my post.

qwertysaur
12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
But Twilight Princess has the spinner!

KentaRawr!
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I wish the Spinner was used more often. It was pretty cool.

I disliked the beginning parts of TP. I didn't like the World Map simply being closed off. :mad2:

Ouch!
12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
What he said. This is called the Split Timeline Theory.
It was also confirmed as canon by Eiji Aonuma in 2006.

Breine
12-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Play Majora's Mask. Fo sho.

Rostum
12-21-2009, 03:24 AM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/03/link_faces_of_evil.jpg

Necronopticous
12-21-2009, 03:31 AM
http://www.necronopticous.com/upload/zeldatitle.gif