PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Drizzt Series

Unbreakable Will
12-16-2009, 06:21 PM
This is my favorite fantasy book series of ALL time.
The Legend of Drizzt - Forgotten Realms novels (http://www.o-love.net/realms/head_dri.html)
He has several other trilogies out about Drizzt that they don't have on the site, such as The Hunters Blade and the recent "Kings" trilogy (Orc King, Pirate King, Ghost King). He's even got one about Artemis Entreri :cool:
Who else has read them all? :bigsmile:

Raistlin
12-16-2009, 06:33 PM
As my name implies, I've always been more of a DragonLance fan. I started to read Forgotten Realms once many many years ago, but I couldn't get into it.

Also: this is relevant (http://www.dragonlanceunderground.com/features/worlds.asp). (Warning: FR and DL spoilers)

I Took the Red Pill
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I read the Night Elf Trilogy like 5 years ago or something. I liked it quite a bit, but didn't feel like putting in the effort of reading all 402030 books in that series or however many there are.

Moon Rabbits
12-16-2009, 07:55 PM
I never got into it because Drizzt is the most annoying name ever.

Freya
12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I tried to read the first book a few years ago but I too couldn't not get into it.

Like Raistlin, I'm a DL fan.

G13
12-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I've only read the Dark Elf Trilogy so far. I thoroughly enjoyed Homeland. I loved the concept of Menzoberranzan. R. A. Salvatore came to my city back in October and someone asked about how he created Menzoberranzan and its culture. He said he went out and rented The Godfather and modeled it after that. Ahh, that was freakin' cool! :)

doeboyfresh14
12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
These are my favorite books of all time. It all started when a frine do of mine handed me a beat up coverless Dark Elf Trilogy. (:pinkelephant:and que dream sequence:pinkelephant:)

I've been slacking a bit. I think i am on the last book of the hunter's blade trilogy. I also read the clerical quintet too.

He is actually from about 15 min down the road from me. He is from Fitchburg, MA. i live about 2 towns over in Shirley. I met him once at a book signing. He's a really down to earth guy. He has a special collection of things (notes, articles, etc) in a wing at the Fitchburg State College. You can set up an appointment to see them. I just haven't got around to it.

Bunny
12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I enjoyed the series. Haven't read the latest trilogy yet but I'll get around to it sometime. He's one of the only writers that I've read that actually makes battle scenes intricate and enjoyable. Characters are pretty decent too.

Unbreakable Will
12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Guardian and Doeboy are now a source of envy for me :greenie:
I'm really torn on one thing though; movie deal. I think it could go great, or horribly. They could really fuck it up (like Eragon) or do really awesome things with it (*insert succesful book-movie here*)

doeboyfresh14
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Guardian and Doeboy are now a source of envy for me :greenie:
I'm really torn on one thing though; movie deal. I think it could go great, or horribly. They could really smurf it up (like Eragon) or do really awesome things with it (*insert succesful book-movie here*)

at the signing i went to, (like 2-3 years ago) he said there was talking of a canadian film maker to make the dark elf trilogy into a movie, but i think he said they decided not to for a couple of reasons. Mainly because of how much they would have to leave out. and also because of little things. like how can they make those movies when technically they all see in infrared the whole time.

The movies would either be longer than the lord of the rings movies are leave out A LOT.