PDA

View Full Version : Scrabble

Rye
12-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I just played Scrabble for the first time this week. Since, I've been really really really obsessed with the game. I had a dream about it even.

What is your best word you've made?

I think my best so far has been FAERIE on a triple word score. :jess:

rubah
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I made "lox" with the x on a triple letter score once. The details of the night elude me, as nothing could top Captain Morgan breaking down stu's OSU chair.

Rye
12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
What was it, some kind of elaborate 12 pack of Captain handles or something?! xD

Rantz
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't remember what words I've used, but I think I have gotten a word that scored over 100 once (including bonus for using all letters in one word. :cool:

Raistlin
12-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Scrabble is fun, though I haven't played it very often. Still, it's quite the achievement to get to 19 without playing it before.

I don't remember much details of prior games.

Yar
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
It's my favorite board game

Chloe.
12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I've never played it. :(

Moon Rabbits
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I wouldn't have let you get away with spelling fairy like that.

Incidentally I love Scrabble.

Shlup
12-16-2009, 10:48 PM
I have never played a full game of Scrabble. As far as word games go, I like Quiddler (http://www.amazon.com/SET-Enterprises-4098364-Quiddler/dp/B00000IV95/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1261003620&sr=8-1). It's a rummy game!

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Incredible on a triple word score, or at least the dutch equivalent of the word. Still awesome score, though.

Madonna
12-17-2009, 01:06 AM
More people need to play Scrabble online via Y!! Neel and Linus happen to be absolute beasts in the game and should never be challenged!

Rye
12-17-2009, 01:13 AM

Sorry, I made a typo, I had spelled it Faerie in the game. Would you accept that one? xD

Faerie looks much prettier than fairy.

Rad Bromance
12-17-2009, 02:15 AM
Scrabble is loads of fun! I played it for the first time about a year ago and loved it!

I'd much rather play it than Monopoly! :D

eestlinc
12-17-2009, 06:59 AM
i am pretty sure my fierce vocabulary and spelling skills are due at least in part to playing scrabble regularly with my dad from age 10 to 17.

I'm pretty sure my best score on a single word was EDIFYING for 110 points overlapping two double word scores. And without using a blank.

Moon Rabbits
12-17-2009, 07:47 AM

Sorry, I made a typo, I had spelled it Faerie in the game. Would you accept that one? xD

Faerie looks much prettier than fairy.

O__O I WOULD THROW UP THE BOARD AND STORM OUT OF THE ROOM.

eestlinc
12-17-2009, 07:59 AM
you are so emo.

Breine
12-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Scrabble is a great game. Indeed.

I wish I had it myself.

Shoeberto
12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
What was it, some kind of elaborate 12 pack of Captain handles or something?! xD
Nah. My current room mate, who was then just visiting in my room, was getting over a break-up. So, suffice to say, he was severely drunk. We were trying to play Scrabble but had quite a few interruptions, mostly from him. I have a folding OSU chair that I used to use a lot in my dorm room for guests to sit in, and at one point he was walking around, trying to make what I'm sure to him was an incredibly deep point, when he decided the dramatic delivery required a Captain Morgan pose. Unfortunately he did it on my poor cloth folding chair with all the vigor of an incredibly drunk and depressed man and ended up breaking it pretty badly.

It was a pretty hilarious night, aside from the tragedy of his love life and the fate of my chair, tbh.

Rye
12-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Nah. My current room mate, who was then just visiting in my room, was getting over a break-up. So, suffice to say, he was severely drunk. We were trying to play Scrabble but had quite a few interruptions, mostly from him. I have a folding OSU chair that I used to use a lot in my dorm room for guests to sit in, and at one point he was walking around, trying to make what I'm sure to him was an incredibly deep point, when he decided the dramatic delivery required a Captain Morgan pose. Unfortunately he did it on my poor cloth folding chair with all the vigor of an incredibly drunk and depressed man and ended up breaking it pretty badly.

It was a pretty hilarious night, aside from the tragedy of his love life and the fate of my chair, tbh.

Hahaha, poor Leo (and chair!)

qwertysaur
12-19-2009, 03:32 AM
One time I got to use the word qwerty and I was happy :choc:

Jiro
12-19-2009, 05:05 AM
Every time I went to stay at my Nana's we used to play Scrabble, and for the longest time she would win. But then my vocabulary expanded and one day I won and it was a very gratifying moment in my life.

kikimm
12-19-2009, 06:07 AM
I've never actually played a real game of Scrabble....like, with following all (or even one) of the rules. We would just spell out words on the board. I don't know why we ever played it.

Laddy
12-20-2009, 03:56 AM
I won once when all I had was a 'q' and a 'u' and I added it before an 'i' and won with the mathematic formula known as "qui."

Who says I'm dumb? :D

I Took the Red Pill
12-20-2009, 04:14 AM
I won once when all I had was a 'q' and a 'u' and I added it before an 'i' and won with the mathematic formula known as "qui."

Who says I'm dumb? :Dwtf is qui? fairly sure that is neither a word in english nor a mathematical term. :choc2:

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2009, 04:16 AM
you are so emo.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Who says I'm dumb? :Dwtf is qui? fairly sure that is neither a word in english nor a mathematical term. :choc2:

No, it's neither. It's French.

edit: How Laddy even thought this was a formula is beyond me :S

Laddy
12-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Who said it was a real word? :D

Loony BoB
12-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I used to play the Facebook one with Danielle and Leeza (not in the same game, sadly), we had some neat games. Otherwise I can't remember the last time I played it offline. I'm not very good at it really, as I'm better with numbers than I am with words, but I get by well enough to make a few good wins alongside a few bad losses. Hooray for being distinctly average.

Rye
12-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Asses and farced were my two better ones last time I played!