PDA

View Full Version : XIII Streams

Depression Moon
12-16-2009, 11:39 PM

ベジベジ on Justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv/nanayan)

Bolivar
12-17-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm thinking my internet blackout has just officially begun.

Goodbye, everyone.

Rodney
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
The only thing I'll be tuning in for is finding out who in the Sanctum is the main villain. Still betting on either Jihl or Yaag.

Depression Moon
12-17-2009, 11:23 PM
That boss fight last night was brutal. I'm glad to see the game in action, but I really couldn't tell what was going on, plus my internet is slow. Jusdt thought to share it with you all.

Moon Rabbits
12-18-2009, 05:01 AM
It's always offline when I look :(

Flying Arrow
12-18-2009, 05:14 AM
For those who have been watching the streams - Can anyone tell me if the game looks to be legitimately challenging? I've heard the battles can get pretty intense in this game, but I'm unsure whether that's due to the presentation/aesthetics or because of the challenge involved.

Thanks in advance!

Moon Rabbits
12-18-2009, 08:01 AM
For those who have been watching the streams - Can anyone tell me if the game looks to be legitimately challenging? I've heard the battles can get pretty intense in this game, but I'm unsure whether that's due to the presentation/aesthetics or because of the challenge involved.

Thanks in advance!

It actually looks really difficult. Sometimes there are so many special effects and "flair" going on on screen that it gets hard to see what's going on. I'm not sure if that's why the game is difficult or not o_O

Anyway, on the stream I watched the guy was 14 hours in (on his last save) and fought the same boss 3 times and died every time right near the end. I stopped watching after that because it was stupidly boring to watch him fail repeatedly.

So, yes, it looks difficult but that could be for many reasons. The guy I was watching might have just sucked hard.

Flying Arrow
12-18-2009, 05:10 PM
^ Thanks.

I just watched a bit myself. Those battles are long. Not sure if they were at all challenging to the player, but they were certainly long. I like the idea of fewer but longer, more challenging battles than a whole pile of quick, piece-of-cakers. This game is interesting me more and more by the day. Also, random battles should stay dead forever.

ANGRYWOLF
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
too afraid of spoilers...

:)

Dignified Pauper
12-19-2009, 03:40 PM
There really aren't any story points in the videos, so don't worry about spoilers. I do think the battles look interesting. My one criticism is that I hope they've structured leveling well so that beating a boss doesn't end up resulting to fighting a few long battles and grinding.

Depression Moon
12-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Kouli's Fantasy on Justin.tv (http://www.justin.tv/madoushi)

Game's on.

Rad Bromance
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM

Game's on.

Hmm, so they didn't put the victory fanfare back in this one? Shucks! :cry:

That being said, I just watched a little bit of it, it looks really fun. I see that you can exceed 9999 in this one, like in X. I really hope there's still some difficult things to fight once you do that though (unlike in X). :D

Rostum
12-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Every time I go to look at this type of things they are always offline. Stupid time zones. :(

Rad Bromance
12-21-2009, 03:36 AM
Every time I go to look at this type of things they are always offline. Stupid time zones. :(

I know, I have the same problem, but I just got to catch a bit of it earlier today. :D

Depression Moon
12-21-2009, 03:53 AM
it's online now

Depression Moon
12-21-2009, 04:08 AM
There hasn't been any summon usage yet. I want to see it. Guy is boring all he is doing is fighting the same old enemies over and over.

Dignified Pauper
12-21-2009, 04:21 AM
Oh wow, I didn't know this was someone ACTUALLY playing the game. AWESOME!

So, the mods in the chat are big d-bags...

Depression Moon
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM

It's on and this time the person is doing the hunts. She beat the game already.

Depression Moon
12-24-2009, 01:10 AM
That boss Looks hideous.