PDA

View Full Version : Beta signups!

Rostum
12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
You can now sign up the the FFXIV beta!

FINAL FANTASY XIV (http://entry.ffxiv.com/)

Ultimage
12-17-2009, 01:33 AM
I know, finally! I just hope at least one person I know gets in. Even though they won't be able to tell us much, if anything, maybe they could at least tell us if they like what they see.

arcanedude34
12-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Signed up, despite being sixteen. ;)

Rostum
12-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Tsk tsk tsk.

I think the reason they require you to be 18 and older is because you will have to sign an NDA of some sorts - so you'll probably need your parent's consent for stuff like that.

Miriel
12-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Awesome.

Signing up now. I wonder what they're looking for in a beta tester.

The last question was weird, I just put EoFF and commented that I don't actually own the site. But there's no option for n/a.

Loony BoB
12-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Signed up.

Haha, watch 50 beta signups all claim they run EoFF. xD

Lionx
12-17-2009, 10:48 AM
BRING IT ON!!! :D

Dignified Pauper
12-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered.

arcanedude34
12-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Tsk tsk tsk.

I think the reason they require you to be 18 and older is because you will have to sign an NDA of some sorts - so you'll probably need your parent's consent for stuff like that.

Like I'm going to get more than a passing glance anyway XD

Depression Moon
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
OPh man. Well let me know when they'll be doing the PS3 version Omecle.

Rostum
12-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Like I'm going to get more than a passing glance anyway XD

Yeah, true. Just don't break any kind of NDA and you should be ok.

OPh man. Well let me know when they'll be doing the PS3 version Omecle.

Will do. I doubt it'll be much longer after the beta release for PC.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-18-2009, 04:01 AM
Ummm, I am trying to sign up but when I put in my Square Enix ID and password, it just reloads the page. :/

Rostum
12-18-2009, 04:38 AM
No idea. Do you have NoScript? Is your account linked to a security token? What browser are you using? etc. etc.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-18-2009, 05:38 AM
NoScript: No
Security Token: Not that I know of
Browser: Firefox

Also, whenever I try to subscribe to the FFXIV Newsletter, it automatically tells me that I can't and to see their Privacy Policy. I am starting to think it has to do with being in Quebec...I know some contests that are open to Canada will also include "excluding Quebec" so maybe it's the same deal. Any Quebec-residence having the same issue? Or does Squeenix just hates me?

EDIT: I'm signing in with my Square-Enix ID that I use for their Members site, which I assume is the same...

EDIT2: I re-registered my account and all is fixed~

Loony BoB
12-18-2009, 08:55 AM
I had that problem (although with IE8, not Firefox). I unchecked "remember my login" and it worked fine after that.

Mirage
12-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I applied.

Del Murder
12-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Signed up.

Haha, watch 50 beta signups all claim they run EoFF. xD
:smash:

Dignified Pauper
12-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I didn't say I owned eoff. That would be silly.

Wolf Kanno
12-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Tried to sign up but it says my account on the Squenix site doesn't exist...

Rostum
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Have you made an account? :p

Necronopticous
12-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I signed up, but I will be in need of a big computer upgrade if I am selected to participate. I totally lied on those PC specs.

ANGRYWOLF
12-21-2009, 01:50 AM
mostly.

I might not get selected. Altho I might have something in my favor as I am older than most of the applicants. Of that I am sure.

;)

Rostum
12-21-2009, 02:59 AM
How old are you?

Also, I doubt you would absolutely need a high end computer in order to be selected. It's an MMO; they will want it to be played on a wide range of systems from low to high.

Necronopticous
12-21-2009, 03:03 AM
How old are you?

Also, I doubt you would absolutely need a high end computer in order to be selected. It's an MMO; they will want it to be played on a wide range of systems from low to high.
Well, I had to lie in order to even select something from the list in most categories. I am in desperate need of a PC upgrade.

ANGRYWOLF
12-21-2009, 04:27 AM
How old are you?

I've been criticized on other FF forums for even being a member/joining their forums. I guess some people felt I shouldn't even be playing games at my age.
Shrugs.

It might work to my advantage as Square might want someone outside the age range you find on most FF forums.

It would help if they would publish an minimum requirement systems list/configuration. I guess they might wait until after the playtest is completed to do that though..or some of the gaming mags and forums might publish one based upon what the reviewers say.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2009, 05:47 AM

I have an actual SquareEnix Members account but it doesn't recognize it. I'm making a new account from the XIV site but the email hasn't shown up yet.

Rostum
12-21-2009, 06:30 AM

I have an actual SquareEnix Members account but it doesn't recognize it. I'm making a new account from the XIV site but the email hasn't shown up yet.

Ah, it's seperate from the usual members account. The only people that really should have a Square Enix Account are the ones who have been playing FFXI in the last year or so. So far the only use it's had is to link a security token for use in FFXI.

If you mean this type of account, then I am not sure what the problem may be.

Miriel
12-22-2009, 04:16 AM
I tried to be as truthful as possible and I figured they would already have tons of people saying they have super awesome computers and are super insanely interested in the game and can play 70 hours a week. So I'm on the lower end of everything, cause I figure they'd want a broad spectrum. That's going off the basis that they even read and evaluate these things. Maybe they just pick applicant names out of a hat.

Depression Moon
12-22-2009, 04:30 AM
How old are you?

I've been criticized on other FF forums for even being a member/joining their forums. I guess some people felt I shouldn't even be playing games at my age.
Shrugs.

It might work to my advantage as Square might want someone outside the age range you find on most FF forums.

I'm pretty sure the original administrators on here are at least 30 and the guy who made Pong still plays video games, plus the Wii's brought the old people into the mainstream, so whatever your age is it's not anything no one's seen.

Hey Omecle, no PS3 yet?

Rostum
12-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Usually age isn't an issue - not sure what forums you were visiting, but you won't get any prejudice here.

No word on PS3 yet; well except that there were campaign codes that came with the Japanese release of Final Fantasy XIII. I think that has something to do with the PS3 FFXIV beta.

Loony BoB
12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Miriel/Murd: Did you guys use the same home address? We did. =x Maybe I'm too honest for my own good.

Rostum
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmm, maybe this is an option I didn't see or just clicked PC and didn't realise. Apparently you are able to choose PS3 while using the same sign up, however PS3 will still start later.

Though, don't take my word for it, check it out yourselves.

Del Murder
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I used my real home address. They have to mail you the game after all.

Loony BoB
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
How long does it usually take for us to hear back about this sort of stuff? =x

Del Murder
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
You probably won't hear back unless you get it. I'm sure word will get out once they make the selections.

Mirage
01-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Gosh it's almost like a job interview.

I hate it when they don't tell the losers they lost.

Loony BoB
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Oh, I know I might not find out until other people get in or something, but I was just wondering how long it usually is between applications being opened up and decisions being made.

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I also run EoFF.

Loony BoB
01-10-2010, 09:22 AM
If I end up missing out on my beta because a bunch of people who don't run EoFF said they run EoFF, I'm breaking out the banstick.

But of course, I'll never know. :(

KentaRawr!
01-14-2010, 02:42 AM
If I end up missing out on my beta because a bunch of people who don't run EoFF said they run EoFF, I'm breaking out the banstick.

Can I say I run Omgmygame?

Tavrobel
01-14-2010, 04:32 AM

If I get the beta account, you can have it. I don't want it.

Loony BoB
01-14-2010, 01:40 PM

Can I say I run Omgmygame?
I'll allow it.

And cheers, Tav. :D Although if they mail it, I'm guessing there could be obstacles, especially if it's localised in any way. :p

Tavrobel
01-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Then you can swim to the States.

Miriel
01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Patience. I'm losing it!

Hurrrrry up!

Rostum
01-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Patience. I'm losing it!

Hurrrrry up!

This.