PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Weapon

Cloud21
12-17-2009, 06:17 AM
What do you get if you beat emerald weapon?

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2009, 06:25 AM
He drops a Key Item called the Earth Harp that can be traded to the old man in Kalm Village for a full set of Master Materia. :mog:

Sephex
12-17-2009, 06:38 AM

What Wold Kanno said. When I first beat EW, this is exactly how I felt:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1259816995664.jpg

Christmas
12-17-2009, 12:46 PM

What Wold Kanno said. When I first beat EW, this is exactly how I felt:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1259816995664.jpg

Ya, the first time I beat him is I got lucky and got 7777 hp(Lucky Seven) which more or less marked its doom. :bigsmile:

Flying Mullet
12-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Don't forget the sense of pride and satisfaction you feel upon defeating one of the weapons who is plaguing the high seas and keeping those who wish to sail from Costa del Sol and enjoy the seas many bounties trapped on land, never able to feel the sea mistress' sweet embrace.

Cloud21
12-17-2009, 03:06 PM
What's the best way to beat emerald weapon?

Darth Cid
12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
If you don't have underwater materia, the best way is to do it before you drown. KotR can help.

Wolf Kanno
12-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Knights of the Round which can only be acquired by breeding a Gold Chocobo cause its located on a island only accessible to the GC. You need good prep work though, Ultimate Weapons help and High armor and Level 4 Limit Breaks. You may also need W-Summon (acquired from the Battle Coliseum same with Omnislash Limit Break) and the Mime Materia (acquired with a Blue or Black Chocobo). You may also need the Final Attack materia and either Phoenix or a mastered Life Materia. You will also need the Underwater Materia (Use Morph on a Ghost Ship Enemy located in the Junon Reactor, in the area that is underwater. You will get the Guide Book which can be traded to the Kalm Old Man for the Materia and it removes the Time Limit from the battle.

The basic strategy is to Double summon KoTR and then have your party Mime the attack. Final Attack Life/Phoenix will revive character who get killed. Ultimate Equipment and Final Limit Breaks will do decent damage (though not as much as KotR). You will probably want to attach a MP/HP absorb on KotR and Mime so you can maintain health and MP during the fight. You could also try the Lucky 7's trick (If HP becomes 7777hp your character becomes Berserk and does 7777 hp of damage with their attacks) or you can try the infamous Cait Sith Joker's Doom trick (Cait Sith's second Limit Break has an instant death attack that occurs randomly but actually works on Emerald and Ruby WEAPON from what I've heard) though that's going to involve a lot of soft resets.

Karifean
12-17-2009, 08:38 PM
If you know how to beat him, Emerald Weapon won't stand a chance. All you gotta do is keep a few things in mind:

1. Emerald Weapon will only use Aire Tam Storm with at least 1 eye still alive.
2. Knights of the Round are very likely to kill all eyes in one turn.
3. With at least 1 eye alive, Emerald Weapon will counter all attacks with Revenge Stomp, and Knights of the Round (if it doesn't kill the eyes) with Aire Tam Storm.
4. Emerald Weapon follows a strict order of attacks, there are only two percentage chances in it. (One 2/3, one 4/5) If the percentages don't fail, Emerald Weapon will summon his eyes in the fourth round and use Aire Tam Storm in the eigth. There are ALWAYS three rounds between Eye Summoning and Aire Tam Storm (Eye Beam, Nothing, Eye Beam) unless you kill the eyes or Emerald Weapon gets angry (Happens when Revenge Stamp is used 10 times, Emerald Weapon's HP fall lower than 50% or Knights of the Round is used, possibly there's another way).
5. Emerald Weapon merely halves, not nullifies gravity damage.
6. Knights of the Round can be combined with HP or MP Absorb, but not with Quadra Magic (unless you're playing the PC version??).
7. Mime will mime 'every' attack, even limits, but only the user's, without any MP cost. 2x Summon + Knights of the Round -> 2x Mime anyone?
8. Although the Underwater materia removes the countdown, using point 7 will result in a kill with 10+ minutes left.
9. You can enter the battle with a Lucky 7 to deal 497728 damage (that's almost half Emerald Weapon's HP!) instantly.
10. Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax and End of the Living (can't translate it^^) can deal massive damage, so MIME THEM! :D

Edit: About the Cait Sith Limit, it's called "Game Over" and will work on any enemy (except zombies?) as it inflicts death status and ignores stat defense. You can get the first two reel slots with a bit of training easily, but the third one is based on luck, as you might also get a BAR and die instantly.

Sephex
12-17-2009, 08:39 PM
What's the best way to beat emerald weapon?

Again, go with what Wolf Kanno said. Get the Underwater Materia because it feels like this if you run out of time:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/wat-1.jpg

Raistlin
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Air Tam Storm deals damage according to how much materia you have equipped, so you can unequip all but the necessary materia (Underwater, KotR, W-Summon, Mime, and whatever healing magic you want, like Final Attack+Phoenix). Multiple Mimes are the easiest way to go, combined with KotR. It'd also be helpful to come into the fight with limit break gauges filled (at least Cloud's for Omnislash).

Kyros
12-18-2009, 05:36 AM
I've never gotten a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?

Darth Cid
12-18-2009, 05:40 AM
I've never gotten a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?

I agree, it's over 9000!

Raistlin
12-18-2009, 06:09 AM

Yes, 9999 HP is the max, but having 7777 HP at the start of the battle allows you to deal an exorbitant amount of damage instantaneously. So if you define "better" as being what is most likely to allow you to win, then 7777 > 9999.

Saber
12-18-2009, 06:17 AM

9. You can enter the battle with a Lucky 7 to deal 497728 damage (that's almost half Emerald Weapon's HP!) instantly.

Yes you deal 7777 damage a bunch of times freely without
interruption. It can easily kill most enemies.

Flying Mullet
12-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I've never gotten had a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?
Fixed.

Karifean
12-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Air Tam Storm deals damage according to how much materia you have equipped, so you can unequip all but the necessary materia (Underwater, KotR, W-Summon, Mime, and whatever healing magic you want, like Final Attack+Phoenix). Multiple Mimes are the easiest way to go, combined with KotR. It'd also be helpful to come into the fight with limit break gauges filled (at least Cloud's for Omnislash).

I completely agree, except that it's named Aire Tam Storm, as Aire Tam spells "Materia" backwards. :D
And Underwater, as I said before, is probably not even needed. Try Emerald Weapon without it, using this strategy.

seiferalmasy2
12-18-2009, 06:16 PM
And it isn't even called Airetam storm.... :P

Called "Emerald Big Bang" after "The Big Bang". It does 1111 X number of materia. So 8 materias = death

I am creating a mod for FF7 to make it more difficult, and instead of it just killing your party, it deals instant game over. Much more fun...and it is still possibly to beat it with great stats.

The move is determined by which go Emerald Weapon is on and if his eyes are out.

Karifean
12-19-2009, 12:58 PM
ah i didn't know that. but when it's 1111 x Materia it's death with 9 materia, not with 8^^

how do you do an instant game over? eject all party members out of the battle and flag them as dead (like Ruby's Whirlsand on all party members)?

seiferalmasy2
12-19-2009, 01:36 PM
ah i didn't know that. but when it's 1111 x Materia it's death with 9 materia, not with 8^^

how do you do an instant game over? eject all party members out of the battle and flag them as dead (like Ruby's Whirlsand on all party members)?

bah, of course it is! :)

No....I found a few ways. The best way is to give emerald weapon the bypass status defence flag and then inflict petrify on all party with 100% chance :) I will be looking into more dramatic ways :P

DarkBahamut
12-20-2009, 05:13 PM
I never knew how to beat Emerald Weapon, but once my brother told me some strategies, and we also learned new strategies like one that is cool:

Preparing
4) Have a lot of Megalixers and Elixers in store. If you don't, W-Item comes in for the save again, do the W-Item Duplicate Trick
5) Don't have Wait on, so Emerald can attack.
The Fight
4) Here's the best part of the strategy: After taking so many hits and healing to make sure your HP is maxed, he is going to use "Air Tam Storm" sooner or later. Your HP MUST BE MAXED AT 9999!!! Air Tam Storm does 1111 per materia everyone has on, so since everyone has 2 materia on, he's going to do 2222 damage to everyone. 9999 - 2222 = 7777!!!!!

Everyone will go Lucky Sevens on his green ass.

Karifean
12-20-2009, 05:41 PM
But that will not kill Emerald WEAPON. You can use this strategy for merely one character and get the same result. In one battle, there can only be 64 "Lucky-7-Fury" hits, regardless of the number of characters with 7777 HP. With your strategy, all characters would do 21 hits of 7777 and one of them an additional hit. As I said before, it's a total of 497.728 damage, but Emerald WEAPON has a million, so that's not enough. Of course, Lucky 7 is also nice when using limits like Highwind after Lucky 7 fury so all hits deal another 7777 (15 Omnislash + 15 Ungarmax + 20 Highwind = 50 additional hits of 7777), but that's still not enough^^ well, a knights of the round does it afterwards.

So yeah, it's a nice strategy, but will not kill Emerald WEAPON. ;)

Raistlin
12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
There's actually a way to get Lucky 7s using the Cat's Bell item, or whatever it's called (that means you gain +2 HP for every step you take), Potions, and the Gravity materia that I heard about and did myself way back when. Let me see if I can remember it:

Manipulate an enemy in battle, and then beat up on a party member until his HP is very low, below 154. Then go to a town and equip the Cat's Bell and walk around until that character has 154 HP exactly. Get into a battle (probably want to manipulate again to avoid damage) and use Demi 2 on that character to reduce his HP to 77. Then just use Potions and Hi-Potions to raise the HP to exactly 7777.

Skyblade
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
There's actually a way to get Lucky 7s using the Cat's Bell item, or whatever it's called (that means you gain +2 HP for every step you take), Potions, and the Gravity materia that I heard about and did myself way back when. Let me see if I can remember it:

Manipulate an enemy in battle, and then beat up on a party member until his HP is very low, below 154. Then go to a town and equip the Cat's Bell and walk around until that character has 154 HP exactly. Get into a battle (probably want to manipulate again to avoid damage) and use Demi 2 on that character to reduce his HP to 77. Then just use Potions and Hi-Potions to raise the HP to exactly 7777.

Right, but wrong.

Doesn't have to be lower than 154. 354 would be alright as well (divides into 177 with Demi 2). The key is, the health they have has to be an even number, to divide evenly with Demi so you know which one you'll get, and then has to follow the pattern of an odd number followed by 54.

Any of these work (and you can still have a fourth digit there, so 9954 works too), as Demi 2 takes it to less than 7777, and will make the last two digits equal 77.

9954 / 2 = 4977. From there, you're just a few Potions away from all lucky 7s.

Of course, if they wind up with an odd number of health, you can walk around until they get any combination of health ending with 77, and skip the Demi2 part entirely.

Raistlin
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Well yeah, it'd obviously work just as well with any HP ending in 54. :p

Of course, if they wind up with an odd number of health, you can walk around until they get any combination of health ending with 77, and skip the Demi2 part entirely.

If I remember correctly, this doesn't work because Cats Bell will raise your HP to an even number.

Skyblade
12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Well yeah, it'd obviously work just as well with any HP ending in 54. :p

If I remember correctly, this doesn't work because Cats Bell will raise your HP to an even number.

Not quite true. If it is an even number followed by 54 (ie: 9254), it will come out 27 (4627). So it has to be one of those combos above.

You're probably right about that, it's just been too long for me.

Wolf Kanno
12-21-2009, 05:11 AM
I've heard the easiest way to get Lucky 7's is to learn the Enemy Skill Chocobuckle and then run from battle 2222 times and then use it on a character with max hp. :p

Raistlin
12-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Obviously. :screwy:

Cloud21
12-24-2009, 04:57 AM
how do you get lucky 7's before a battle?

Skyblade
12-24-2009, 05:30 AM

Use Potions and such to get a character to 7777 health exactly. Since All Lucky 7's can only trigger in a battle, they will keep that health total until they enter a battle, then immediately trigger All Lucky 7's.

Raistlin
12-24-2009, 06:27 AM

See the above discussion about the Cats Bell trick.

qwertysaur
12-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Also fighting Emerald with less Materia equipped will make one of it's attacks less powerful, I forget which one though :p

line_genrou
12-27-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm getting my ass handed to me by this asshole.
Guess I'll just level up more and master Mime materia...

Skyblade
12-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Also fighting Emerald with less Materia equipped will make one of it's attacks less powerful, I forget which one though :p

Aire Tam Storm. Because the attack does 1111 times the number of materia your character has equipped, and cannot be mitigated in any way, save reducing the amount of equipped Materia.

seiferalmasy2
12-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Aire Tam Storm can miss though....I think

line_genrou
12-30-2009, 03:59 AM
HA! I just beat his ass right now.
And I did get Lucky 7's.
Used KOR 6 times,2 mimes.Lucky 7's.One more KOR.And DONE.

My party was Cloud,Cid and Yuffie.

qwertysaur
12-30-2009, 02:10 PM
now beat up Ruby Weapon :p

Skyblade
01-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I was able to get All Lucky 7's on Ruby once. Cid had 7777 max health when equipped with two Magic Materia, so when I rezzed him up, he unleashed the massive damage against Ruby and his tentacles. Not enough to vanquish him though (not with just the damage burst, he was killed quite easily after).

Sephitachi7
01-08-2010, 07:36 AM
you can also kill 65,536 enemies with vincents death penalty and just have him kill emerald in one shot. Or anything in one shot for that matter. But that'll take very very long... lol

Karifean
01-08-2010, 02:51 PM
yeah, even with a turbo controller, it will take months.

But you could just kill 32.767 (Geosgaeno's HP :)) monsters and simply buff Vincent with Hero Drinks when the battle starts.

By the way, does Vincent's kill-count stop after reaching 65535 kills? As far as I know, it's a hexadecimal variable - 65535 = FFFF. Does it stop counting kills when it reaches FFFF or does it overflow and return to 0000?

Even easier than the Vincent method is: Just master some KotRs, W-Materias and Hades (some of the materia using the most AP) and put them into Barret's Missing Score. Buff him with hero drinks and watch him overflow. :D