PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 question

eestlinc
12-17-2009, 07:50 AM
If I disarmed the bomb in Megaton and never killed Burke or spilled the beans on him to Simms, does Burke ever appear again? I would like to kill him. Killing all the stupid Talon mercs and putting a railroad spike in Tenpenny's forehead just isn't enough.

Necronopticous
12-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I recommend sledgehammer + VATS regardless.

Quindiana Jones
12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm pretty much certain that he is gone forever. He only exists in the game for that quest.

Shoeberto
12-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Basically the only time Burke ever appears is with the whole Tenpenny Towers story. I did both options on separate playthroughs and was kind of disappointed he didn't turn out to be working for the Enclave or anything. He's really just Tenpenny's lackey, unless I missed something big.

Tenpenny's a douche though. I'm pretty sure I ended up killing him both times I played through.

Psychotic
12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Burke isn't in the Tenpenny Tower story, Stu! That's the one with Roy Phillips and his ghouls, and you get a pretty sweet scene if you help Roy and then side with Burke in the Power of the Atom. But yeah I agree with you, he kind of hinted that he was part of some sort of shady society and it's lame that you never hear more about that.

Iceglow
12-17-2009, 05:20 PM
You don't really wanna kill Tenpenny until you've got and done the You Gotta Shoot Them In The Head quest because he is important in it and once you complete the quest you get to get the T151b power armour. Though through Operation Anchorage you can get a winterized version which is nigh on indestructible. However to answer the initial question. No Burke does not ever re-appear in the game should you not take the opportunity to kill him (warning, Megaton can become very hostile if you do kill him there and surrendering is not always possible, even if you fire to save Simms) Even if you blow up Megaton he only appears during the quest so far as being on Tenpenny's balcony during the explosion if I remember correctly on the evil end to the quest he heads off on a request of Tenpenny taking him outside of the game domain.

Shoeberto
12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Burke isn't in the Tenpenny Tower story, Stu! That's the one with Roy Phillips and his ghouls, and you get a pretty sweet scene if you help Roy and then side with Burke in the Power of the Atom. But yeah I agree with you, he kind of hinted that he was part of some sort of shady society and it's lame that you never hear more about that.
Oh, yeah, you're right. I got the Power of the Atom/Tenpenny Tower stories intertwined, probably as a result of how much of a douche Tenpenny was.

You guys suck because now I want to play Fallout more >:O

Psychotic
12-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Let's make this a general Fallout 3 thread just to spite Stu even further.

The Dismemberer is the greatest weapon in the history of video games. y/n?

EDIT: Although the Experimental MIRV is a good candidate. I killed everyone in Megaton, made their corpses into a huge pile, then fired my MIRV at it repeatedly. What I was left with were a bunch of tiny flesh-coloured marbles, each reading things like "Search Lucas Simms" and "Search Megaton Settler". Much more satisfying than helping Burke :D

Shoeberto
12-17-2009, 05:40 PM
You don't really wanna kill Tenpenny until you've got and done the You Gotta Shoot Them In The Head quest because he is important in it and once you complete the quest you get to get the T151b power armour.
Well, as long as you get the key off his body, it's possible to persuade ol' whats-his-face into believing you shot him in the head, iirc. That power armor is pretty boss, though. I think I ended up having to kill the guy to steal it off of him, but nobody in Underworld seemed to mind too much xD

Quindiana Jones
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
I loved that quest. And Charon is boss with the armour on.

Psychotic
12-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah what you need to do is mesmetron him. That makes him go crazy and attack you and I am pretty sure the Underworld residents help you kill him. He didn't come back on my second playthrough, though, so I'll never have the armour in that. :(

Also why waste such good armour on a stinkin' zombie like Charon when you can use it yourself? :colbert:

DK
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Charon is an awful man. :colbert:

Psychotic
12-17-2009, 07:04 PM
He's not even that in one my games. I watched him explode in a shower of gory pieces when a Raider with a Missile Launcher let rip from the top of one of those comms towers.

Jiro
12-17-2009, 11:58 PM
I loved sniping those raiders in the legs and having them topple off the tower. It didn't always work so sometimes I climbed up there and threw them off myself.

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Also why waste such good armour on a stinkin' zombie like Charon when you can use it yourself? :colbert:

The first reason is because you should be wearing the winterised version. The second is that I don't wear heavy armour.

Charon is an awful man. :colbert:

He's the second best one after Fawkes!

Madame Adequate
12-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Don't understand F3 on a console. Can't imagine it without FOOK anymore.

VATS + melee is just gorgeous though, regardless of the weapon.

DK
12-18-2009, 12:41 AM
He's the second best one after Fawkes!

Not when he commits suicide for no apparent reason and doesn't leave a corpse behind he isn't. :colbert:

G13
12-18-2009, 01:39 AM
I blew up Megaton then helped Roy Phillips and his gang get into the tower by killing everyone. Burke wasn't around for that unfortunately. I left for a while and when I came back I found Burke in Tenpenny's old apartment chatting up a storm with Roy, the treacherous swine! I totally shot him in the face with my combat shotgun. I then proceeded to purge Tenpenny Tower of all ghouls.

I prefer Fawkes over Charon, although his battle cry really freaks me out.

Shoeberto
12-18-2009, 03:44 AM

I was massively disappointed when I made a character specced for melee. Even the Super Sledge wasn't really that great when everyone was shooting my face off before I was in range for VATS :( But I did install a mod for a lightsaber which was really fun xD

Laddy
12-18-2009, 03:49 AM
EDIT: Although the Experimental MIRV is a good candidate. I killed everyone in Megaton, made their corpses into a huge pile, then fired my MIRV at it repeatedly. What I was left with were a bunch of tiny flesh-coloured marbles, each reading things like "Search Lucas Simms" and "Search Megaton Settler". Much more satisfying than helping Burke :DYou sick fuck.

Madame Adequate
12-18-2009, 05:04 AM

I was massively disappointed when I made a character specced for melee. Even the Super Sledge wasn't really that great when everyone was shooting my face off before I was in range for VATS :( But I did install a mod for a lightsaber which was really fun xD

Really? I tend to find melee pretty overpowered actually :p You take more damage than fighting at range, but once you close the gap you are horrendously powerful.

DK
12-18-2009, 05:26 AM
Firing the MIRV inside the Rivet City shopping area is definitely an entertaining experience worth trying at least once.

eestlinc
12-18-2009, 07:57 AM
If you kill Tenpenny before the shoot em in the head quest, you still get credit for killing him, and for what it's worth, I did shoot him once in the head, with a railway spike, and he died immediately.

Jiro
12-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I always shot people in the head. I didn't want to look at their damn faces. I wanted to be the most attractive person in the whole wasteland!

Psychotic
12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
You sick smurf.It's the wasteland, baby. You gotta be sick to survive. :cool:

Also, melee kicks ass but only at higher levels. Fawkes is a god damn tank. Basically I paralysing palmed him then let rip on his unconscious head with my Alien Blaster, and then paralysing palmed him when he got back up. I repeated this until he was dead. Or I would've done, but my Alien Blaster went from fully repaired to broken before I could get the job done.

Bear in mind that I was level 30 with 100 unarmed and energy weapon skills at the time too.

Aerith's Knight
12-18-2009, 08:32 PM
You sick smurf.It's the wasteland, baby. You gotta be sick to survive. :cool:

Also, melee kicks ass but only at higher levels. Fawkes is a god damn tank. Basically I paralysing palmed him then let rip on his unconscious head with my Alien Blaster, and then paralysing palmed him when he got back up. I repeated this until he was dead. Or I would've done, but my Alien Blaster went from fully repaired to broken before I could get the job done.

Bear in mind that I was level 30 with 100 unarmed and energy weapon skills at the time too.

6 Nukes and nearly half my weapons arsenal did the job for me. >_>;;

Shoeberto
12-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I liked Fawkes too much to do anything to him xD Then again, I never used henches until I got him, and he was so ridiculous I just love him.

Jiro
12-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Fawkes somehow got himself killed in my game so I ragequit and reloaded back to when he was alive. He's a brilliant meatshield for when you just want to chill out in a fight.

Psychotic
12-19-2009, 04:59 AM
How in the whole of hell can anything in the Wasteland kill Fawkes? Unless he fell off a building or those ruined overpasses or something.

Also, am I the only one who removed all my clothes at my 10th birthday party, insulted everyone's presents, topped off with shooting Dad in the face with the BB gun until he was knocked unconscious?

Jiro
12-19-2009, 06:13 AM
I think he fell, and being the large fella he is, hit the ground. Hard.

I beat the crap through the bully. Does that count?

DK
12-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Aaaah Butch. I remember him treating my poor character like :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Harassed him all through his formative years well into his teens. Then I remember finally getting control for good and having to escape from the vault. Butch was there, he was crying and screaming about how his mom was being attacked and begged me to save her. I remember going into the room where she was, watching her scream and be eaten by those radroaches, and then I watched her die. I remember dealing with the radroaches, and then picking up her corpse and holding it out in front of me and watching it dangle limply with limbs flailing wildly as I shook it like a mad puppet. I remember carrying it out like this and holding her carcass up in front of Butch's face, and I remember his tears as he wept. I remember dropping her, pulling out my baseball bat and caving Butch's head in and leaving his body next to hers. I remember.

Good times they were. Good times.

eestlinc
12-19-2009, 10:46 PM
my character has super high karma but carisma of 1 so townspeople always give me the evil eye. it is amusing. I can put on my Regulator suit and bump my charisma to 2.

Psychotic
12-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I love having high charisma just so I can talk my way out of doing any actual work. :D

Quindiana Jones
12-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Whenever I start a game, I go straight to Rivet City and get myself to 10 INT. This is literally the only time in the game that I scream and cry like a girl because HOLY :bou::bou::bou::bou: 50 MILLION BILLION TALON MERCS ARE FIRING AT ME.

It's brilliant. :D

Rye
12-21-2009, 05:07 AM
I tried Fallout 3, but then I got to the supermarket outside of Megaton at night, and I got so scared that I never played again. This game is so SCARY.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 01:22 PM
MILF, smack your woman for being such a giant wuss. :kaoangry:

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 01:32 PM
go sleep at night and come back in the day. or you can become a vampire and lurk about at night and eat people. the game is very flexible. except for the world being all fuxed, that is.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Whenever I start a game, I go straight to Rivet City and get myself to 10 INT. This is literally the only time in the game that I scream and cry like a girl because HOLY :bou::bou::bou::bou: 50 MILLION BILLION TALON MERCS ARE FIRING AT ME.

It's brilliant. :DYeah I love how Talon can be out there trying to kill you when the only good thing you've done is save Amata from being picked on by schoolyard bullies.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Pffrt. I didn't really save her. I beat up the bullies and then started laying into her too!

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 01:49 PM
The best thing to do is (eest, don't click this) Trouble on the Homefront because then you can actually kill her (and her stupid father, although you can also do this in the escape) and remove one of her legs and carry it around the Vault with you to show them that you are the new Overseer.

Jiro
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM
That'll teach her for letting the bullies beat her up.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
The best thing to do is (eest, don't click this) Trouble on the Homefront because then you can actually kill her (and her stupid father, although you can also do this in the escape) and remove one of her legs and carry it around the Vault with you to show them that you are the new Overseer.

I prefer to solve their problems in as peaceful a manner as possible.

Then run around, BoBbing* at them with my Dismemberer.

*to BoB: the act of viciously flailing around, attacking everything in sight for basically no reason whatsoever.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Humphrey's fall from grace. | omgmygame (http://www.omgmygame.com/node/131)

Honestly, there are so many terrible things I do in this game.

Also Quin, you are a prince among men for using that sacred axe :kiss:

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 02:07 PM
It's the greatest thing ever made for massacring innocent people....small, innocent people who live in Little Lamplight.

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I realize that nuking Megaton costs you the most karma, but selling Brian Wilks into slavery has to be most evil thing you can do. So awesome. Except I am a good two shoes. Jericho told me so.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
It's not, because Brian Wilks is an annoying whiny fuckstain who deserves everything he gets. :colbert:

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Axe meet legs.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Also the way I killed Agatha in that blog is not as bad as the way I did it the second time. I shot her with the special customised magnum her dead husband made and she gave to me as a reward. :shobon:

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Would've been cool if you could've loaded the gun into the Rock-It Launcher and shot it at her.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Would've been cool if that was actually possible, just like your tales of Lamplight slaughter. :colbert:

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Would've been cool if that was actually possible, just like your tales of Lamplight slaughter. :colbert:

Would've been cool if you could've loaded the gun into the Rock-It Launcher and shot it at her.

*nods*

Wait. I thought you could kill the Little Lamplighters? It's been a while since I played the game, but I sure as hell remember running around butchering kids at some point.

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 02:47 PM
It's the greatest thing ever made for massacring innocent people....small, innocent people who live in Little Lamplight.:colbert:

You can't kill kids. Except Maggie and Harden if you nuke Megaton I s'pose.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Damn. Maybe I dreamt that? That's a more disturbing prospect than if it were actually possible to kill kids. O_O

Rye
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM

I tried the super market in day time, and it was just as scary! I almost cried when the raiders came back and killed the robot!

Jiro
12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
I was pretty scared my first time at the super market too. But then I reached into my backpack, took out the jar that said "cement" and ingested a table spoon so I could harden up :cool:

The wasteland is a cruel mistress but you can whip that bitch into shape if you steel yourself against the dangers.

Madame Adequate
12-21-2009, 03:40 PM

I tried the super market in day time, and it was just as scary! I almost cried when the raiders came back and killed the robot!

I don't understand what was so scary. It wasn't like she was low on ammo or anything. :confused:

Psychotic
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Maybe she was scared of the Protectron. Their voices are truly the stuff of nightmares.

Eat Deathclaw Gauntlet, Deputy Weld!

Madame Adequate
12-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Psh, nevermind Protectrons, those Mr. Handys in the National Archives are awful, awful beings. :( Poor Sydney. So many times I reloaded in the hopes she would survive and bed me.

Quindiana Jones
12-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I wasn't aware that you liked disease ridden bedfellows, MILF.

EDIT: in b4 rye joke