PDA

View Full Version : Scholastic Accomplishments

Flying Mullet
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
For the final of one of my courses, my professor had us write a five page paper relating to the materials covered in the course. I just received feedback from him, and he said the paper is of high enough quality that with some minor edits updates, it would be worthy of submitting for publication in a student journal. Needless to say I am super stoked at the news and am going to see if I can be rich and famous now. :D

So, what academic related accomplishments have you achieved recently?

Shattered Dreamer
12-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I have a Bachelor's degree in Law if that counts :bigsmile:

Slothy
12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I passed this: Uniform Evaluation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Evaluation)

I'm technically not a full Chartered Accountant, but so damn close that the distinction doesn't matter much. Unfortunately, you pretty much have to be a CA or the spouse of one to really get how difficult it is to just get to that exam let alone pass. Oddly enough, I felt great writing it. You'd think 13 hours of writing over 3 days would wear you down but I felt as good on the last question of the third day as I did at the start of the first.

Rye
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I've not finished university yet, but right now I have a 3.9 GPA and have been on the Dean's List, so I guess I'm pretty happy!

Yar
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
I passed macroeconomics with a C. :p

Aerith's Knight
12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm going to graduate in less than a month, and probably put out a paper in a journal. Although, more likely is that they put it out in someone else's name again, just like last time. -_-

...Shared credit is so not worth it.

Breine
12-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm a linguistic high school graduate. That is all up until now - I will get further education at one point, though.

Raistlin
12-17-2009, 10:34 PM
I graduated Magna Cum Laude from college this spring. I also survived the first semester of law school, including an 8-hour exam for one class, which at the moment is a big accomplishment.

Namingway
12-17-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't have a university degree yet (still an undergraduate student) but I did publish a paper in a peer-reviewed journal this spring. Also I'm president of a student union, but I'm not sure if that counts as a scholastic accomplishment.

Bunny
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I can read and count to ten.

Jiro
12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I graduated high school. With decent marks. Yeah that's about it for now :jess:

Momiji
12-18-2009, 03:05 AM
I passed Chemistry this semester with a B, when I thought I was failbound.

Maybe if I cross my fingers hard enough, my GPA may be over 3 when all of my final grades come in. :D

Shiny
12-19-2009, 01:36 AM
My GPA is pretty high as of right now, but I haven't gotten my grades for this semester yet. What I can say for this semester is that a teacher gave me a D on a paper saying that I cited in the wrong format and that wrong citing was plagiarism. I researched it further and pulled out a Rules for Writers book from 2009 listing the 2009 update that she said was wrong. She said she wasn't aware of this MLA format change, and the paper went from a D to an A. :shiny: