PDA

View Full Version : foobar2000 problem

Rantz
12-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I've been using foobar2000 for years and I love it, but there's one problem I've always had with it, and it's been bothering me more and more lately. Maybe once every 15 minutes or so the song playing will be interrupted while a dialog shows quickly. It's only for a second or two but it's rather annoying (especially if you're singing along, it gets really awkward xD)

I guess it's going through the library song by song and updating them somehow, and it has to interrupt the song while doing so. If I can, I'd like to get it to stop interrupting my songs somehow. Does anyone else get this, and/or can you help?

crono_logical
12-19-2009, 07:29 PM
What does the dialog say? Only time I get a dialog is when it tries to play something in my playlist which is not accessible at the time (e.g. offline network/USB drive), but it doesn't jam the music per se, since it's changing track anyway :p I'm using 0.9.4.5 if it makes any difference. It might not even be a dialog by foobar but some other random crapware on the PC :D

Rantz
12-19-2009, 09:01 PM
I think dialog might technically be the wrong term. It doesn't require any confirmation or anything, it just shows the file name of the song being played for a moment before disappearing again. While the dialog is up the song is interrupted.

crono_logical
12-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Can you get a screenshot? Sounds like it might be a random visualisation/plugin which would do that :p

Rantz
12-20-2009, 02:26 AM
It'll be hard since it shows for such a short time, but I'll give it a shot. xD I'll look into what plugins might cause it too.

Rantz
12-28-2009, 08:10 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/foobar.png

During the time it shows it processes maybe 2-4 files, one of which is always the one being played (and hence the one being interrupted).

Shattered Dreamer
01-03-2010, 02:39 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/foobar.png

During the time it shows it processes maybe 2-4 files, one of which is always the one being played (and hence the one being interrupted).

Might not be the program could be that the process of moving the files requires a lot of CPU Usage. My old laptop used to do something similar when I'd add songs to iTunes & I noticed the CPU Usage in the Task Manager used to jump to like around 96% while adding multiple files.