PDA

View Full Version : LifeTime Achievement Ciddies Award 2009

Queen Award, First of Her Name
12-19-2009, 01:01 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext443747936.png

With reference to this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/eoff-archived-awards/41044-lifetime-achievement-ciddie.html) if everyone is unsure, it is a special award given to special members that had contributed to the site all these years.

After so long, we are proud to have bring back this award and finally getting agreement from the rest of the staff of EoFF, I am honored to present the ciddies to

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/ShlupQuack/IMG_1924.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext443747805.gif

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/daniel.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/cooltext443747833.gif

ShlupQuack and Loony BoB have been around for a VERY huge time now, and have become celebrities within Eyes on Final Fantasy. The two admins have helped EoFF grow up through the years, with their leadership, humour, justice and of course the odd technical skill. ShlupQuack and Loony BoB are arguably the two most well known individuals in EoFF.

It will also be a great honor for the two special admins to present the RSL Model Staff for Excellence Award (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/128524-rsl-day-model-staff-excellence-award-lets-rumble-people.html) and give a word or two to team Cid's Knight who had beaten Team Adminz.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/Untitled-1.gif

But this doesn't mean Team Adminz isn't good though, they still have their fair share of contribution to the site.

Lastly, the rest of the staff had a word or two to share

Lifetime Achievement:BoB and ShlupQuack

You are both fantastic. Don't stop whatever the hell it is you do that makes you this way.

- Momiji

-----
Lifetime Achievement: ShlupQuack

ShlupQuack: You are the plum in my apple orchard! Oh how sweet you are but then one's teeth hit your core and it's like "ow" but one doesn't care.

Lifetime Achievement: Loony_BoB

Loony BoB: Sometimes when you do the things you do you do them in such a WAY, you know?! And I just wanna squeeeeeeze you and then I can't because you're so far away and then I realise you'd probably beat me if I did and so I sigh and I'm happy again. And so you make me happy, Loony BoB!

:monster:

- Rantzien

----

This guy posted some pie charts and made stupid jokes and apparently that means something around here. He's actually been slacking off on the pie charts lately, which leads me to believe he may no longer deserve this award. But oh well, not my decision to make.

There is no currently active member who has done more for EoFF than the BooB. EoFF was steadily growing when he arrived on the scene, but he helped shape it to what it became. The Ciddies in their current form was his work, and he turned them into more than just a minor event. He helped drive work on the frontsite and activity on the forums. Individually he has done as much as anyone, and without him EoFF would be a very different place. For one thing, Feedback (back when it was actually interesting) would have been way more boring without him to argue with. He has always been passionate about EoFF and committed to doing the best he can for it. He's usually right about the important things, too.

Beyond the larger work for the forums and website, BoB has been a great person to have around. He's a good friend and easily approachable to talk to about any issues, whether they started in or out of the forums. Many a time I personally ranted to him about my own frustrations of running a message board (filled with idiots), and Daniel always supported me. Well unless he was being lazy or just not replying to my IMs, in which case I just cursed his name until I felt better. But usually he supported me.

Congratulations, Daniel. You certainly deserve it.

This award is pretty anticlimatic after BoB's. I mean, what has Shlup done in comparison? Yelled at people? Been on-and-off staff more times than an addict in rehab is on-and-off drugs? Accomplished the feat of being the only active staffer to have been EoEO banned? Did Shlup just "earn" this award by doing what she does best (http://forums.eyesonff.com/2703090-post56.html)? Shlup's award, as far as I can figure, is for having the most obnoxious ass in EoFF staff history. The staff at one point had to make an announcement that they were banning Shlup's ass from further staff contribution. Actually this award should probably go to ShlupQuack's ass instead; is it too late to change this?

In all honestly, Shlup has been around forever, longer than any currently active staff member. Her adamant (and incessant) opinions have been thrown around the staff forum for years, and she has certainly had an effect on EoFF, both through her activity and her contributions to the staff. Shlup also livens up the forums at EoFF, as much as any staff member. From her trademark bluntness to her rather disturbing obsession with Twilight, it is never a dull moment with her active.

Shlup also adds to the quality of discussion on the forums, as her bluntness is both amusing and often accurate. While she is loathe to admit it, she does agree with me about pretty much everything of significance, which necessarily means she's usually right! Although neither of us shy away from arguing the less significant things to death. But despite our apparent distaste for each other, you can tell Shlup really cares about me. I mean, she did schedule her wedding on my birthday after all!

In all seriousness, Shlup, EoFF would not be nearly as fun without you. Congratulations, Amanda. <3

- Raistlin by the Request of Del Murder

----

I first encountered this gentleman in the final of Mr. Eyes on Final Fantasy 2003. I am proud to say that actually managing to defeat Loony BoB that day is my greatest ever EoFF achievement!

The man has done an enormous amount of work for this website over the years, serving on all three staffs. Countless improvements have come as a direct result of him. The Wiki? Came from BoB's idea of an EoFF Book. Eizon? BoB again! Stats at the bottom of the forum page? Guess who! Even after all this time on staff he is still coming up with improvements, like the new unread posts system.

Also personally he is a very nice guy who is always happy to help people with their problems, both personal and forum-related. I know he is the man who I will turn to when I eventually break EoFF, and I know he will fix it with a smile. He also has a very good sense of humour. God knows he has taken me calling him the root of all evil for the past 6 or so years a lot better than most people would!

Like BoB, my first ShlupQuack experience also goes back to the Mr./Ms. Eyes on Final Fantasy contest in 2003, where she was actually hosting it. And I guess that is a prime example of why she deserves it, she's been doing stuff like this for years.

She's responsible for both the Fluffy Puff and Under The Sea skins, both of which are adored by her fans. I know how long it takes just to code skins so I shudder to think how long it took her to do that and make the icons too. Shlup definitely does more than her fair share of mod and admin work, providing ass whuppin's and name changes when necessary.

She is also one of the funniest ladies I have ever encountered in my life. The burns she dishes out are top class, and to her credit, she can take them as well as she can give them. And maybe a lot of people don't give her credit for this but she is also incredibly caring - you only need look at some of her EoEO posts to see that. She may be blunt and to the point, but for the most part, that's not out of contempt

- Psychotic

----

Eight year ago, when Cid couldn't be around every day to keep an eye on his forum, he asked his trusted friend ShlupQuack to keep watch. If Cid is EoFF's father, Shlup is EoFF's mother. Mama Shlup has been on staff here almost constantly since then. Her dedication to this site is amazing, and she is a most deserving addition to the EoFF Hall of Fame as a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Ciddie. Also, she has nice cans.

- eestlinc

----

Shlupquack has been here forever, and ever, and ever....so the Lifetime Achievement Ciddie is an honour that is more than fitting. :) Of course, she is also the one who brought in Fluffy Puff and that should be cause for instant disqualification, but...I'll let that one little tiny insignificant (huge) incident pass. :) Honestly though, I do admire Shlup. She is an awesome Admin and EoFF would just not be the same without her. This is a well-deserved award. Congratulations! :)

BoB...what can I say about BoB. Throughout his years here BoB has gone above and beyond in every way...in everything...always. He has truly given all of himself to this site and to the members. Thank you, BoB. I love you. :)

- Leeza

----

For many people here, EoFF has been like a second home where they can chat with a friendly community, play some fun events, and talk a little FF now and then.

Two people on these forums have done much in their life to make EoFF a great place. I can't really say how much we owe BoB and Schlupquack for taking time out of their days to make EoFF run smoothly and be the fun place that it is for the last few years.

Now I figure we could thank them both by sending them to all expenses paid trip to a tropical island where they can sip Mai Thais and get massaged everyday by Antonio and Naomi the world renown masseuse, but that would require money from our end and lord knows everyone spent it all buying next gen consoles to play the next FF titles so we can come and chat with each other about it. I'm sure they will both understand and come to realize that our sacrifice for not giving them what they deserve so we can better utilize the forum they manage is actually the right thing to do. That's just the kind of people they are.

In all seriousness though, I would like to thank them both for their hard work and dedication for all these years despite rarely ever getting a proper thank you from those of us that frequent this forum. Thank you for all your hard work and may w celebrate again in another ten years when EoFF turns 20. :cool:

- Wolf Kanno

----

I can't say that I know BoB very well.

All that I can remember is that he'd usually be asleep whenever I asked for something (what a screwy time difference).

I also remember that he and smittenkitten played some Diablo II with us over Battle.net: I pissed them off pretty quickly).

Hell, I can even remember that he's got an eye for recognizing people that are going to wind up to be pretty important for EoFF. He said something about having to keep an eye on me my first Ciddies here: something about me producing stuff.

But as it turns out, I also remember that he's been a pretty vital member of every stage of EoFF's life, often being an active community member and leader. Whatever the hell the word "leader" means to you. Chances are, it's probably been applied.

She's mean, she's evil, she's crass. I imagine that if she were 100 years younger, and I were 100 years older, we'd make a dangerous pair of assholes.

Too bad! What can be said of someone who's been on Staff three separate times? I can't say much about the past; I'm not one for reminiscing. All I know is that a dangerous alliance is starting to brew. Seems an appropriate time for it, with the forums one step in the grave, that the few people that care to do anything anymore are willing to forge an alliance of evil.

- Tavrobel

----

Loony BoB has been on Eyes on Final Fantasy since the dawn of time. Since he has joined EoFF, he has contributed a great deal to the site including, the EoFF World Map, Eizon, Feedback Forum, #eoff chat stats, the EoFF Award name, "Ciddies" and the EoFF wiki. He has also hosted the Ciddies numerous times. So yes, I don't think anyone could argue that he isn't a valuable asset to have on the staff.

ShlupQuack's contribution to the site as a whole is unfounded. She is mostly known for her antics with changing people's avatars and names on the whim. She also likes to talk about babies and The Sims. Aside from that, she contributes to the staff by keeping bishes in check in serious business threads like Eyes on Each Other. You can thank ShlupQuack for many of the smilies we have on the list and you can also thank her for the Fluffly Puff and Under the Sea skins. Be sure to check out her lovely Sims thread featuring various EoFF members.

- Shiny
----

Levian wanted to comment too but he just gotten a surgery and isn't in his top form. We wish him the best of health and I will thank BoB and Shlupquack for their contribution on his behalf.

- Award Yuletide

----

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/CiddieSPecial.gifhttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/CiddieSPecial.gif

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT CIDDIES

Jiro
12-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Congrats yo. I'm glad you've spent a lot of your life making my time more enjoyable. Much appreciated~

Peegee
12-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Shlupquack is the most abusive person I've ever had the pleasure of meeting (even if you barely had time to say hi to me). I'm actually surprised that she hasn't won this award yet, but rather than complain I'm going to throw pokeballs at everybody

whee~

Shiny
12-19-2009, 01:24 AM
I loled at Raistlin's speech.

Freya
12-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks you two ^_^

Melissaur
12-19-2009, 02:02 AM
YAY!! You guys rock my socks!

Marshall Banana
12-19-2009, 02:22 AM
I already told Shlupie that I love her; I told her over the phone. Maybe I'll tell her again.

Melissaur
12-19-2009, 02:33 AM
You can never tell someone you love them enough!

Jiro
12-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Word

qwertysaur
12-19-2009, 03:08 AM
:thumb:

Laddy
12-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Yay!

Del Murder
12-19-2009, 05:40 AM
I loled at Raistlin's speech.
I outsourced it. :D

eestlinc
12-19-2009, 06:15 AM
Team Cid's Knights beat Team Admins! Suck it you old bastards!

oh yea and congrats to two members of Team Admins.

Raistlin
12-19-2009, 06:18 AM

Wait, was that supposed to be your spot? Did I do your work for you? :mad2:

And all the other speeches besides mine were boring. Where is the mocking? At least Tav threw in an age joke.

Anyway, congrats again to BooB and Shluppers, even though you two suck. :love:

eestlinc
12-19-2009, 06:23 AM
I wanted to say something nice about Shlup because nobody ever does. Is that mocking enough? And I chose not to say anything about BoB because I figured the BoB tributes would eclipse the Shlup tributes and thus I should equal them out a bit. Also, BoB does not have nice cans.

qwertysaur
12-19-2009, 06:24 AM
Eestlinc, EoFF is Shlups mom, go watch the RSL day video again :p

Raistlin
12-19-2009, 06:33 AM
I'm reading through the original Lifetime Achievement thread and this post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/687148-post74.html) is still hilarious. Oh Unney.

I wanted to say something nice about Shlup because nobody ever does.

I said nice things! Just after all the mocking ones.

Del Murder
12-19-2009, 07:23 AM

Wait, was that supposed to be your spot? Did I do your work for you? :mad2:

Well the thing about that is *runs*

They know I love 'em. I wish them the best in their new lives together.

Loony BoB
12-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Ah, geez. I guess I have to die, now.

Thanks to everyone, but I just have to say that it doesn't matter what anyone else says: Leeza loves me! Words can't express.

12-19-2009, 08:55 AM
BoB, you can said something to the Team Cid's Knight who won the RSL day compeition award!

Loony BoB
12-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh, yeah.

HAHAHA, LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT! IN YOUR FACE! CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING SUCKEEERRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZ.

Rantz
12-19-2009, 10:40 AM
xD

Rodarian
12-19-2009, 01:26 PM
The two of them are like distance relatives to me! Always far but never too far to get some solid advices from them!

Congrats You two

There should be an award that goes beyond a lifetime...

How about giving them A Ciddies Time Compression Award!! That way they'll continue to be here forever and ever!!

Psychotic
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Oh, yeah.

HAHAHA, LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT! IN YOUR FACE! CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING SUCKEEERRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZ.Good man. :love:

scrumpleberry
12-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Nobody deserves it more :bigsmile: Thanks so much for being BoBBers and Shluppers :heart:

12-19-2009, 02:00 PM
All awards had been updated in their individual wiki.

Ciddies Revelation will be on Sunday GMT sometime in the evening.

Loony BoB
12-19-2009, 02:20 PM
In the evening? On a Sunday? I hope you're not doing anything on Monday...

Breine
12-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Congrats on winning the awards you guys. You both really, really, really deserve it!

Levian
12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Great going sticking around with us for so many years, you guys.

Shlup
12-19-2009, 02:38 PM
I get home from a party at 6:00am to find this :bou::bou::bou::bou:? Nutters. Color me surprised.

I do a lot of important :bou::bou::bou::bou:. No one mentioned that I picked the RM title color. Workin' my ass off up in here.

mm'kay I need to sleep

Raistlin
12-19-2009, 05:14 PM
No one mentioned that I picked the RM title color.

Oh, I remember that. Mostly because Nait bitched about the color forever (it was Nait, right?), which was entertaining.

Fujiko
12-19-2009, 09:57 PM
*glitters*

Shiny
12-20-2009, 12:31 AM
Oh, yeah.

HAHAHA, LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT! IN YOUR FACE! CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING SUCKEEERRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZ.

And he's such a gracious admin too. I strive to be like him one day when I'm 60.

Shlup
12-20-2009, 01:21 AM
I was thinking of the things I contributed to EoFF that actually required, like, work, and like coding and Photoshopping and significant time... but I think they're pretty much all gone. xD

Ugh, I'm so old. I guess I'll just stick to annoying people; it's easy and never goes out of style. :chuckle:

Lawr
12-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Where's my speech!? :mad2:

Aerith's Knight
12-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Congratulations, you guys. I think eestlinc's final sentence really gripped me the most.

...So emotional. :'(

Lawr
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Well here's my speech! The thanks I get for sending it in early is that it wasn't even posted!

I present this Lifetime Achievement Ciddie Plaque to the great:

ShlupQuack
and
LoonyBoB.

Thanks for being you!!

:ciddie:

I may have pretended to begrudgingly create these speeches,
but really I was so proud of my little children Shlup and BoB.

I may not have been here during your most glorious days,
but I can take a good guess at who is responsible for what.
(And so will the authorities.)

I may submit these horrible crimes against humanity to the authorities, actually.
You'll just have to remind me later.

Hit me up on the Facebook or something, broskillets!

ShlupQuack
Ok wow what kind of name is ShlupQuack I mean come one that's the sound my boots make when I step in a mud puddle geeze.

Loony BoB
So your name must be the horrible male counterpart, then or something. YOUR NAME IS NOT EVEN BOB WHO ARE YOU WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO HIDE?

Just kidding you guys are the best. <3

12-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I think you send it to the wrong person. Neither Christmas or I got your speech. We only got the Ciddies speeches

Lawr
12-20-2009, 05:39 PM
It says I sent it to you and Rantzien.