PDA

View Full Version : Worst Albums/Songs of 2009

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2009, 04:23 AM
We have a best thread, so hurr we go~~~~~~~~

I'll start. This band released not only one of the worst albums of 2009, but probably one of the worst albums of all time:

YouTube - brokeNCYDE "Freaxxx" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0)

Rad Bromance
12-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Marilyn Manson's The High End of Low

Seriously, what happened after Holy Wood Manson? You keep disappointing me. :(

Laddy
12-20-2009, 05:21 AM

I'll start. This band released not only one of the worst albums of 2009, but probably one of the worst albums of all time:

YouTube - brokeNCYDE "Freaxxx" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0)Oh my god that was so terrible.

My twin sister thinks they're the best thing ever though.

Rad Bromance
12-20-2009, 06:08 AM

YouTube - brokeNCYDE "Freaxxx" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0)Oh my god that was so terrible.

My twin sister thinks they're the best thing ever though.
Yeah, I'm typically the devil's advocate when it comes to music everyone else says is awful, because I have a pretty wide range of stuff I'll listen to, but...Jesus that was terrible. I couldn't make it through the entire song.

Not to mention, the video is just as terrible.

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Marilyn Manson's The High End of Low

Seriously, what happened after Holy Wood Manson? You keep disappointing me. :(

OH smurf! How could I forget that one. That album was awsmurfingful. Though, I actually enjoyed one or two songs ... Four Rusted Horses and 15. Sadly I had to look up the tracklisting because I forgot what they were called because they left no impression whatsoever. We're From America was a laughable attempt at being political.

Lyrically Manson can't do anything anymore other than complain about his divorce and how much he wants to kill his ex wives. Musically the only good part of the album was the presence of Twiggy. I think it was better than Eat Me, Drink Me though.

And GoAG was the last "good" Manson record ;) Though, still cannot hold a candle to the genius of Mechanical Animals and Antichrist Superstar.

edit: Oh, and the lyrics for the song "WOW" ... all I have to say is wowwwwww.

Laddy
12-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Man, I'm in awe of that Brokencyde song.

It was SO BAD.

Bastian
12-20-2009, 08:05 AM
I have pretty selective taste . . . so pretty much anything on pop radio. :P I can't stand Lady Gag Gag or pretty much any rap/r&b/hiphop/metal/country . . . I'm selective and I can't help it. :P

But the worst song I've heard in a long time has got to be "Just Dance" . . . There is pretty much no lyrical content, and what little there is is absolutely insipid. It amounts to "I'm a dumb drunk bitch, too drunk to do anything at all . . . so I'll just dance." Wow. Poetic. Insightful. A triumph of literary wit.

Gag!

Gag Gag, Lady.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! That brokeNCYDE song is awful! I hate screamo, too, I forgot to list that.

And ANYTHING with auto-tune. It wasn't created to be be used like that! And anyone who uses it is just hiding behind the fact that they can't actually sing.

guffman
12-20-2009, 08:12 AM
did nickelback release a new album? if not than anything they have ever released trumps anything that comes out, ever.

also my buddy showed me that :bou::bou::bou::bou: awhile back cause he knew one of the "dancers" and he knew how awful they were. but my God... going back and listening to them... maybe worst band evar.

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2009, 08:46 AM
But the worst song I've heard in a long time has got to be "Just Dance" . . . There is pretty much no lyrical content, and what little there is is absolutely insipid. It amounts to "I'm a dumb drunk bitch, too drunk to do anything at all . . . so I'll just dance." Wow. Poetic. Insightful. A triumph of literary wit.

Ohhhhhhhh man, don't even~~~~~~~ I do agree, yes, there is no life changing lyrics in Just Dance but COME ON. Doesn't it make you WANT TO DANCE? I'm all for poetic lyrics (Kate Bush; Bjork; The Weepies being three of my favorite artists), but don't think all music needs to follow that paradigm. Especially not dance music - I'm listening to dance music because I want to shut my brain off and just dance (it'll be okay da da doo do doo doo). Plus that song's lyrics are actually smurfing awesome :bigsmile: I mos def think there were about a million and one songs to come out this year that were worse.

And yes, auto-tuning sucks. The only person I've seen pull it off was Imogen Heap in Hide & Seek.

did nickelback release a new album? if not than anything they have ever released trumps anything that comes out, ever.

also my buddy showed me that :bou::bou::bou::bou: awhile back cause he knew one of the "dancers" and he knew how awful they were. but my God... going back and listening to them... maybe worst band evar.

Yes, yes Nickelback is one of the worst bands ever. I especially hate the new stuff that has been getting radio play. They've managed to make awful music even worse. How? Awful music + horrible music that sets the women's rights movement back 100 years = worst combination ever.

What's even worse is that they're Canadian *cuts wrists*

edit:

Not to mention, the video is just as terrible.

Look at how thug we are drinking 40z of beer in the suburbs.

Jiro
12-20-2009, 10:05 AM
That is ridiculous. How did they keep a straight face with those twats screaming in their faces? Also the dancers aren't even that good for most of it. Oh man I had to watch it to laugh though. A guy tries to scull the beer and doesn't even get it vertical. What a toss. Also they don't even dress badass and the lyrics are :bou::bou::bou::bou: and that was just hilarious :D

Give me half a day and I could probably make something better. No wait let me get drunk and then in 5 minutes I'll give you something better*

* Not actually going to bother but you know

Bastian
12-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Ohhhhhhhh man, don't even~~~~~~~ I do agree, yes, there is no life changing lyrics in Just Dance but COME ON. Doesn't it make you WANT TO DANCE?
You know I love you Moon Rabbits and I want to have your babies . . . but you're just wrong. This song does NOT make me want to dance. It makes me watch to blow my brains out with a shotgun. I can't stand how overly simplistic and meaningless it is.

I'm all for poetic lyrics (Kate Bush; Bjork; The Weepies being three of my favorite artists),
Well, at least you have SOME taste. :P

but don't think all music needs to follow that paradigm. Especially not dance music
Ah . . . see . . . I can't stand most dance music. Well, most dance music with vocals. BECAUSE of the insipid lyrics.

I mos def think there were about a million and one songs to come out this year that were worse.
I completely disagree. I have not heard a song this year that I hate more.

And yes, auto-tuning sucks. The only person I've seen pull it off was Imogen Heap in Hide & Seek.
. . . Except that she didn't use Auto-Tune for it. She used a vocoder program. I can see why you thought it was Auto-Tune because the effect is somewhat similar. But you will notice that you can hear her actual uncorrected singing on top all of those vocoder-ed harmonies.

I still love you moon rabbits. And I still want to have your babies.

Bunny
12-21-2009, 04:26 AM
The Fame Monster.

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 05:40 AM
. . . Except that she didn't use Auto-Tune for it. She used a vocoder program. I can see why you thought it was Auto-Tune because the effect is somewhat similar. But you will notice that you can hear her actual uncorrected singing on top all of those vocoder-ed harmonies.

I still love you moon rabbits. And I still want to have your babies.

Oooooooooooh. I actually think I knew that. I know nothing about music but any synthy-digitalized voice automatically makes me think auto-tune since it's such a fun buzz word this year.

You can have my babies but I refuse to be the one who gets pregnant :redface: