PDA

View Full Version : Social Strategy Games

Laddy
12-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Who likes them?

I play Mafia of course, but I love Survivor, as I play strategically. I got third in a 24-player online game but was eliminated because I was a "strategic and win threat." For Survivor buffs, I created two false alliances at 7, with only one being a true ally, and I lead us to swap allegiances every vote in order to axe threats. They did not get rid of me because I won immunity and 5 and 4. Ended up voting for my ally to eventually win because she actually strategized.

I was invited back for the All-Stars edition (16 people) but got 9th, being the first Juror. I won Immunity the first time at 10 and was targeted at 9 for being a strategic threat and having the "Hidden Immunity Idol." I did not, some mean girl turned on me and convinced me to narrowly be voted out, 5-4. I voted ofr her in the end to be the eventual winner! Yay!

(Translation: I was a very good player.) *Nerds Out*

So...who likes social strategy?

Oh, and who wants to start a game of (Purely Strategic) Survivor (Again)?

Shlup
12-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Uhh... I've been playing Sins of a Solar Empire with a group of friends for like the last million hours. Today is basically gone now, awesome. And I hate when we have too many people to play co-op because then half of us have to lose, and this time they made it so the worst two players are on my team. Grrr!

But, yes, I like games.

Loony BoB
12-20-2009, 10:09 AM
I play Civ with Danielle all the time. But as for forum-based style games, uh, nah, not really. I played Mafia once, picked the mafia members out one by one, ruled the world and then quit while I was still ahead.

qwertysaur
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Civ IV is love.

theundeadhero
12-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Nah...

Laddy
12-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Speaking of Survivor, some guy totally just tried to buy his win on live television.

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 06:33 AM
I play RISK :bigsmile:

........... and Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne ....... etc. e tc.

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Warfish.net: Homepage (http://warfish.net)