PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy Dies

Moon Rabbits
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Of <s>cardiac arrest!</s> drug overdose (http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/)

Rantz
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
:(

Rad Bromance
12-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I've never heard of her.

Still sad when someone dies so young though. :(

Shiny
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I just found out. I can't believe these young actors and actresses dying today. I loved her in Clueless and that movie where she plays a deranged girl with Michael Douglas.

Breine
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
..wait.. WHAT?

That was unexpected. Actually, I was just watching Sin City the other day, and I wondered what Brittany Murphy had been up to lately. I've always thought she was adorable.

RIP.

Shiny
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
She was good in Girl Interrupted and The Deal Girl where she played a dead girl. The second one I just saw a few weeks ago...

Rantz
12-20-2009, 09:27 PM
She was good in Spun too!

Necronopticous
12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
She was good in Spun too!
Not as good as Mena Suvari.

G13
12-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I enjoyed her in King of the Hill. Very shocking to hear she has died. :(

ANGRYWOLF
12-20-2009, 09:47 PM
apparently from drugs.Much like what happened to a former coworker of mine.My former coworker was 30 years old and an attractive young woman as well.
Sad.

I had someone else who died of sudden cardiac arrest who was very close to me die.Her death was caused by heart disease brought on by type 1 diabetes. I won't say much about that as I have been criticized on other FF boards/forums for talking about my personal life.

Tragedies happen.

:cry:

McLovin'
12-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Gosh these freakin coke heads. When do they learn?

Sephex
12-21-2009, 01:24 AM
The grim reaper has been busy this year.

NorthernChaosGod
12-21-2009, 01:31 AM

Billions of people alive, I'm sure he's busy all the time.

Sephex
12-21-2009, 03:01 AM

Billions of people alive, I'm sure he's busy all the time.

With celebrities, I meant.

Rocket Edge
12-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Shocking news. Sad thing is I'm sure she would have been alive today if wasn't a celebrity. RIP

Dignified Pauper
12-21-2009, 03:47 AM
Is it confirmed it was a drug overdose? Also, why does it not surprise me that you, Moon, made this thread.

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2009, 03:55 AM
They cant confirm that quite yet, toxicology needs to be done... but the fact that a slim 32 year old woman had heart failure is usually an indication that she was inhaling large amounts of cocaine.

Another person ground beneath the wheels of fame. RIP Brittany, your voice was adorable.

ANGRYWOLF
12-21-2009, 04:21 AM
said on Geraldo tonight he doesn't think it was cocaine, according to his sources.
Prescription meds are more likely.

There are also reports Murphy was a diabetic.So she could have died of heart disease.
The diabetic I knew died of sudden cardiac arrest. Type 1 diabetics can die of advanced heart disease brought on by their diabetes.

We'll have to wait and see what the GCMS drug testing shows.
They might want to do a test for poisons and heavy metals.If so, the entire testing could take weeks, maybe months.

Bunny
12-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Eh, she was an alright actress.

SuperMillionaire
12-21-2009, 04:53 AM
She was only 32 years old when she died... how sad.

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Is it confirmed it was a drug overdose? Also, why does it not surprise me that you, Moon, made this thread.

It wasn't confirmed as a drug overdose ... but cardiac arrest? C'monnnnnn~ Her husband was like in the hospital for being "incoherent" and yadda yadda unable to stand etc. a little while back. They be snortin' the coka and smokin' the oxy - I bet a million dollars. (edit: And I don't know why it isn't a surprise - should it be :bigsmile:?)

Also:

THE GREAT CELEBRETIY MASSACRE OF '09

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Not everyone who has a bad heart looks like they have a bad heart. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of stimulant triggered sudden cardiac arrest, but it could have been a bit of particularly strenuous exercise. She was in the shower, maybe she just came back from a hard run, or finished some other strongly aerobic activity that it is normal to take a shower after finishing.

Shauna
12-21-2009, 06:00 AM
I was sad when I heard this news. :( I quite enjoyed her movies!

Shadowdust
12-21-2009, 08:00 AM
For now it appears to be a natural death: Coroner: Brittany Murphy's Death Appears "Natural" - E! Online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b158953_coroner_brittany_murphys_death_appears.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories)

Anyway, it's really a shame. It's always sad when people die at such a young age. :(

Shlup
12-21-2009, 08:18 AM
I swear I heard about this death more time than other celebrities. Are people this bored? She wasn't even a good actress. I mean, she could be interesting, but meh.

I mean, not that it's not sad and all.

Depression Moon
12-22-2009, 03:42 AM
She was in King of the Hill and Girl Interrupted? I don't remember her in those, what were her roles?

THE GREAT CELEBRETIY MASSACRE OF '09
Someobody's been picking off celebrities.

Bunny
12-22-2009, 03:44 AM
She was in King of the Hill and Girl Interrupted? I don't remember her in those, what were her roles?

Luanne and Daisy.

Flying Mullet
12-22-2009, 11:04 AM
While it's sad that she, as a person, died, it always bothers me how big a deal the media makes of a celebrity death. Thousands of perfectly good people die every day and I'm sure most of them deserve as much attention, if not more, then she is receiving.

Dreddz
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I honestly feel sorry for her. She was a decent actress who was never taken seriously and has had a pretty underwelming career. I mean look at what she has done recently, starred in a terrible TV movie called Megafault and had her voice in King of the Hill. Not exactly ending her career with a bang is she. Even now that shes dead I don't see much public outcry. I reckon by the new years people will have forgotten about her completely.

At least her death has been recieved honestly by the public. Unlike Heath Ledger, who was branded some kind of acting god after he died only because he was about to appear in the Dark Knight. Sometimes I really do hate the world I have grown up in.

SuperMillionaire
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
This is the year of celebrity deaths; we've lost so many celebrities this year.

Levian
12-23-2009, 05:53 PM
While it's sad that she, as a person, died, it always bothers me how big a deal the media makes of a celebrity death. Thousands of perfectly good people die every day and I'm sure most of them deserve as much attention, if not more, then she is receiving.

The difference between the headlines "Brittany Murphy dies" and "Man aged 22 dies in car crash" to me is that I know absolutely nothing about the second person. I don't have a face, a voice, a name and most importantly a personality to associate with the second person. Even if Brittany Murphy didn't know me, at least I had a little insight in her life, making me able to sympathize with her or not. This is usually what makes celebrity deaths more tragic (to a larger group of people) than some random person.

I saw a pretty awful and stupid comment on a news site, a guy commented saying we shouldn't care about white rich celebrities dying when there's so many kids in Africa dying of hunger every day. I don't see how refraining from grieving celebrities will make those kids' situation any better at all. Same as eating up all your food won't make them any less hungry. But I suppose these comments will always be around as long as celebrities keep dying.

Moon Rabbits
12-23-2009, 06:39 PM

If you die when there's no one watching
and your ratings drop and you're forgotten
if they kill you on their TV
you're a martyr and a lamb of god :sing:

Depression Moon
12-23-2009, 10:19 PM
I don't see how refraining from grieving celebrities will make those kids' situation any better at all.

What they mean by that is supporting children in Africa with food donations and money.