PDA

View Full Version : ..I know you're avoiding me

BarelySeeAtAll
12-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, say you come online and then talk to someone. They go offline for some time, and then your connection knocks you off. They're back again and for five minutes are still there. You say " *poke* hey, your connection being silly too? :)" nicely, and then off they go again. Then think, "Hmm..maybe I'll appear offline and see what happens"..and there they are again! Makes me wanna come on again and see what happens :p

Does that make you prone to paranoia or is that not just in your head?

What makes YOU paranoid? :greenie:

rubah
12-20-2009, 09:02 PM
You know, I've honestly never worried whether someone was blocking me or not.

Shiny
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I don't go on msn a lot anymore, but when I did I ignored the who's online list.

black orb
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
>>> There was a girl at MSN that I used to stalk many years ago, she never blocked me but she always went offline when I appeared..:luca:

Raistlin
12-20-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't pay that much attention to the who's online list to even notice if someone was doing that. I generally only talk to a few people on MSN anyway.

Fuzakeru
12-20-2009, 11:49 PM
I'm a mod on another forum and a GM for their RPG there and sometimes when I get IM'd and do not want to deal with crisis #38 for the day, I go invisible. I forget that I'm still in the chatroom sometimes though so they know I'm only invisible and not answering their IMs and I'm active in the chat. Opps.

I don't do that often. I am prone to getting distracted by other shiny things online and forget I'm having a conversation though!

Bunny
12-21-2009, 03:59 AM
I am terribly paranoid and think that everyone hates me just because they aren't talking to me.

Sephex
12-21-2009, 04:38 AM
I never really had this problem. Then again I am 27, so the internet wasn't as big when I might have found myself in the kind of drama described in this thread.

Faris
12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I've probably done that to someone else a loooooooong time ago (sorry!) but they were rather irritating and I didn't want to block them either. :p Now I only talk to one person on msn so I don't really have that problem.

I get paranoid at just about everything. If a detail is off, panic! If something seems odd when it really isn't, :s! Watch a scary movie, up half the night. Woo!

Rodarian
12-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I am terribly paranoid and think that everyone hates me just because they aren't talking to me.

I wonder why.... :roll2

I usually keep myself on away and then I choose whom I wish to chat with...If I go online I get bombarded with nudges and animated winks throwing whatever at me :P

Christmas
12-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I am paranoid that no one likes me when they didn't quote this post and comment something nice about it. :(

Rantz
12-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I am paranoid that no one likes me when they didn't quote this post and comment something nice about it. :(

I like you! :jess:

Jiro
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
You're meant to say something nice about the post.

Sometimes I get paranoid. But then I just stop caring. It's so much easier than trying to figure out the motives behind people's actions.

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Nah, I only really use YIM and if someone wanted to avoid me specifically, they could just appear offline to me and online to their other contacts. So if someone ever was avoiding me I wouldn't know. If I "catch" someone being invisible, I figure they just don't want people bugging them, but still want the other nifty features of their IM client and I don't take it personally. I do it all the time, myself.

Cuchulainn
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I never really had this problem. Then again I am 27, so the internet wasn't as big when I might have found myself in the kind of drama described in this thread.

yeah...that.

Aerith's Knight
12-23-2009, 02:49 PM
I may have done exactly this to 3 stalker girls. I spend most of the time appear offline these days.

So no, it's not in your head.

Del Murder
12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I haven't been on ims for years. When I used to do it I don't think I noticed anything like that.

In the cell phone world would this be the equivalent of your call going to voicemail after 1-2 rings?