PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

Inferno
12-21-2009, 04:35 AM
A year ago I finished a 6-month-and-24-hours-of-pain-in-the-ribs-tattoo. It was my first. But now that I've tasted this... I want MORE ! I plan on doing all my left arm, starting with something that represents my grandfather. But I'm running low on ideas, so I gotta think deep and find something really cool that I won't regret in 5 years.

I think girls with tattoos are really sexy (see attachment), as long as it's not filled so much we can't even see what it is.

What's your opinion on this ? Do you have some ? If yes pics could be interesting !

Rye
12-21-2009, 04:41 AM
It really depends on the girl! I usually hate it when girls get sleeves, or any arm tattoos, but when I went into Starbucks this girl had one and it was so amazingly hot on her!

I want to get a tattoo on my upper back - just a small text tattoo. I like text tattoos.

Bunny
12-21-2009, 04:44 AM
I hate most tattoos but it completely depends on the person that is wearing them.

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2009, 04:44 AM
I have one, but I wont be posting the picture because the guy who did it screwed it up. I did love the process of it though, it felt great! Very addictive. My next tattoo project will be getting a pretty lotus blossom to cover the mess this guy made on my chest... and that sounds dirty, doesn't it?

Anyway, I plan to get more eventually, but my rule is that everything needs to be covered by everyday wear. I don't want to hurt my chances getting a job. My FH has a bunch of neat ones, so I'll post one of those.

Mad Hatter blotter art... he plans to get it colored soon. The guy who did the work was excellent.

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 04:45 AM
If you can't think of something that you absolutely want to get as a tattoo, then you probably shouldn't get something just to get something.

Rad Bromance
12-21-2009, 04:47 AM
I think they can be sexy on the right person, if done right, but I don't plan on ever getting any. I'm the kind of person who would get a pic of something I really like at the time, then feel silly about it five or ten years down the line. :D

I must say, some people I've seen get tattoos of, say, the Triforce from Legend of Zelda, I really have to feel that's not a good idea. :)

Raistlin
12-21-2009, 04:47 AM
I don't really care about small tattoos, but massive or large amounts of tattoos are a major turnoff for me.

eestlinc
12-21-2009, 04:48 AM
at least the triforce recurs over an entire series, which is better than stuff like griever tattoos.

Bastian
12-21-2009, 04:50 AM
I must say, some people I've seen get tattoos of, say, the Triforce from Legend of Zelda, I really have to feel that's not a good idea. :)
Ahem! Now who would you be talking about? And why isn't it a good idea?

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2009, 04:53 AM
If you've been into something for a while, it's something you're passionate about, why not? Bad idea to get something that's just a fad, but to use the Triforce example many of us have been playing those games since childhood, and I don't see regretting something like that.

Then again, any slight idea of possible regret should bar anyone from tattoos, unless you get them with that new fangled 'fades in a few years' ink.

Inferno
12-21-2009, 05:13 AM
If you can't think of something that you absolutely want to get as a tattoo, then you probably shouldn't get something just to get something.

Totally agree, it took me at least 2 years to finally make a decision.

Many people say, "When you'll be 60 years old your skin will be falling down, the color will have faded and you'll regret it" .... I say if I'm happy for 25 years with my tattoo, it's worth it.

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 05:58 AM

Totally agree

Meh. I don't. I have an octopus and a starfish on my left arm and I'm gonna fill that up with a sleeve of a bunch of other undersea creepy crawlies. I don't think tattoos need to be all meaningful and uber personal and all "OMGZZZZZZZ THIS REPRESENTS MY LYYYYYF." I get pictures of things that I like. Though my other two tattoos have meaning to them I guess.

Incidentally I think that lady in your first post is smokin' (for a lady anyway) and has some bitchin tattoos. Men with full body tattoos make me weak in the knees. Or just men with tattoos in general. Logan McCree (don't google that minors!) is pretty much the hottest man alive imo. HE HAS HEAD TATTOOS! FACE TATTOOS.

Here's the work I've had done so far (most in various stages of completion / etc. etc. I haven't gone in for touch ups on any of them yet.):

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/1760/picture014c.jpghttp://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5087/ocotpussy.pnghttp://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5708/rainblow.pnghttp://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5687/dasame.png

HEE HEE IM SO PALE AND SCRAWNY. It's like the game GUESS IF THAT IS A WRIST ARM OR ANKLE. (hint: none of them are ankles).

Yes that script is a reference to this song if anyone is wondering. Yes, yes I love this song/Utada this much. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_4KMnfqdb0)

guffman
12-21-2009, 07:19 AM
oh man! tattoos are supposed to be fun, i hate when people are so serious about them. you only have one body, make it count. for the record most of my work is just for the sake of fun. these are the best pics i have.
<a href="http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/guffertothecore/?action=view&current=l_35e94f70c72a0e98f5fa1186b5227c00.jpg" target="_blank">http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/guffertothecore/l_35e94f70c72a0e98f5fa1186b5227c00.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/guffertothecore/?action=view&current=PKlook.jpg" target="_blank">http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/guffertothecore/PKlook.jpg</a>

best pics i got of the chest and sleeve in progress. It is apparent that i like the sailor jerry art... Can't really see my other pieces but it's all good, you get the idea.

Iceglow
12-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah OP, the girl in that image is hot even without inkwork so it doesn't make much difference whether she has ink or not. Ink work is something that will rarely detract from someone's base beauty factor though opinion on inkwork will affect whether someone looks at the person and thinks "wow they're hot I wanna hit that" or "wow they're pretty but inkwork isn't my kind of thing and therefore I'd rather not" thats all really.

I have to admit I like inkwork on people I'm always curious to see what people have on their body. I also like women with tasteful inkwork. I don't have any inkwork on my body yet, I've seen several designs I like but I personally have never had the cash to get them done and when I have I've felt that there are more pressing demands on me for that cash. My ex had inkwork she focussed on small tattoos at first one on each hip bone, a black widow spider on her left and a heart in a spiders web on her right. She also made the one mistake I think any one person can ever make with inkwork... she tattooed my name on her inner thigh, the design was pretty but obviously when things broke down between us she had to get that covered over thankfully for her the guy who done the cover job was a truly great artist he basically started free-drawing on her thigh and done the design from there. I was obviously unhappy we had broken up but to be perfectly honest I would've been happier if she'd gotten the design the guy done on her thigh to cover up my name from the outset rather than my name. It is never an idea to have a lovers name on your body, way too many relationships end prematurely for that.

Shlup
12-21-2009, 11:06 AM
I like some things on some people. I wouldn't get one or want my husband to get one. I have a friend who has a ton of tattoos, all of which are awesome and I think they look great on her. I have another friend with like four and they're all stupid and ugly. And yet a couple more who have a few nice ones that suit them. I especially like "classic" tattoos (especially of the Asian variety, like in the pic in the first post) and gamer geek tattoos. *shrug*

[...]unless you get them with that new fangled 'fades in a few years' ink.
That exists?! Why don't you ever tell me these things??

Breine
12-21-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty fascinated by tattoos. They can look really great and awesome on some people, and really ugly on others. It depends on the person, and of course on the tattoo.

So yeah, although I'm fascinated by them I'm not sure whether or not I'll ever get some myself. I'm just not sure they'd suit me.

Logie
12-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I think the key is not to over-do it. Less is more!
I'm getting a peace sign on my shoulder because it's simple yet meaningful.

qwertysaur
12-21-2009, 01:54 PM
If I wasn't deathly afraid of needles it would be pretty cool. My uncle used to do them, and he was also the first person to do them in the area I live in :p He recently stopped though because his eyesight is not as good as it was so he might make mistakes and that's very bad to do

Inferno
12-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I've seen several designs I like but I personally have never had the cash to get them done and when I have I've felt that there are more pressing demands on me for that cash.

Yeah it is expensive. This is why I made a deal with my artist friend. He started his company and he needed a website, so I made him one ! Else, it could have cost me at least 1500$, easy.

Namingway
12-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm generally a bit skeptical when it comes to tattoos since you have to carry them for the rest of your life, but I'll agree that certain tattoos can look good on certain people. I would have a hard time choosing a motif, for the above-mentioned reason.

Melissaur
12-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I LOVE TATTOOS! After I got my first one done I wanted the other 20 I'm going to get right then and there!! But alas I didn't have the funds to do it, or I would have.

And on a second note, Guffman is hott

Shoeberto
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I keep thinking I'd like to get like a tat on my arm or something. I don't really mind them on others - I mean, if a girl is covered in tats, I'd probably find it fairly unattractive, but meh, it's not a philosophical issue or anything. I just would have trouble picking something I would want to have on there for like, forever.

Flying Mullet
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I would like to get a tattoo on my lower back to advertise to interested parties that my doors are open 24 hours a day.

Faris
12-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I never really cared for tattoos but when I saw my boyfriend's I thought they were hot. Maybe because they screamed nerd/dork/geek. He has one on his right arm of the Nova Scotia Lion thing and Smaug (the dragon from The Hobbit) on his left shoulder (if I recall correctly) He's thinking about getting a Harry Potter related one :sweat:

I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo. Just not my thing :p

Inferno
12-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm surprised. I thought tattoos would be more popular than that. I forgot to post mine... here it is.

Melissaur
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
OH wow! That looks amazing!

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm surprised. I thought tattoos would be more popular than that. I forgot to post mine... here it is.

Yow! Pretty!!! How much $ did that cost??????

TheAbominatrix
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM

Yeah I read about it in the LA Times a year or two ago. I like to keep things from you cause it's funny. I dont remember much about it, but I know some shops do offer this ink. I'll tool around on the web tonight and see if I can find more info for you.

Inferno
12-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Yow! Pretty!!! How much $ did that cost??????

Yeah it is expensive. This is why I made a deal with my artist friend. He started his company and he needed a website, so I made him one ! Else, it could have cost me at least 1500$, easy.
I say easy, because around here, a tattoo artist can charge around 75$ to 100$ per hour. Calculate 24 hours x 100$...

Moon Rabbits
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
It's fucking beauuuuuuuutiful. The current artist I'm getting to do my arm sleeve charges about 60$ an hour I believe?

How many sittings did you have to go in for?

Jess
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I really like tattoos. I have one on my lower back, of a star and a moon. The colour has faded a lot in the past 4 years, I'm thinking of having it touched up.. or possibly extended soon. :jess:

Yeah I read about it in the LA Times a year or two ago. I like to keep things from you cause it's funny. I dont remember much about it, but I know some shops do offer this ink. I'll tool around on the web tonight and see if I can find more info for you.
"Semi-Permanent" tattoos. (http://www.tattoosbydesign.com/temporary.html)

Peegee
12-22-2009, 01:09 AM
I have one, but I wont be posting the picture because the guy who did it screwed it up. I did love the process of it though, it felt great! Very addictive. My next tattoo project will be getting a pretty lotus blossom to cover the mess this guy made on my chest... and that sounds dirty, doesn't it?

Anyway, I plan to get more eventually, but my rule is that everything needs to be covered by everyday wear. I don't want to hurt my chances getting a job. My FH has a bunch of neat ones, so I'll post one of those.

Mad Hatter blotter art... he plans to get it colored soon. The guy who did the work was excellent.

Did you have it when we met? It usually would be one of the things I would notice, but then again it is me...

the pic of my tattoo is on my profile

Moon Rabbits
12-22-2009, 01:39 AM
PG that tattoo is ballin'.

Cuchulainn
12-22-2009, 02:03 AM
tats rock.

Shlup
12-22-2009, 02:45 AM

Did you have it when we met? It usually would be one of the things I would notice, but then again it is me...

It looks like a giant herpe anyway.

Rad Bromance
12-22-2009, 04:43 AM
If you've been into something for a while, it's something you're passionate about, why not? Bad idea to get something that's just a fad, but to use the Triforce example many of us have been playing those games since childhood, and I don't see regretting something like that.
Again, I guess I was just speaking from my own perspective. I'm the kind of person who would probably stop caring about the games later on in life and feel incredibly silly about it and be stuck with it on my skin.

Different strokes for different folks. :D

Inferno
12-22-2009, 04:52 AM
It's smurfing beauuuuuuuutiful. The current artist I'm getting to do my arm sleeve charges about 60$ an hour I believe?

How many sittings did you have to go in for?
Thank you ! I had 7 or 8 sessions total. The first one was the hardest, a 6h30 stretch, doing only the black. No color filling. I got out, pale as a ghost, with no energy left, feeling my pulse in half of my body hehe.

TheAbominatrix
12-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Again, I guess I was just speaking from my own perspective. I'm the kind of person who would probably stop caring about the games later on in life and feel incredibly silly about it and be stuck with it on my skin.

Agreed :D

I did not. This was part of a going away deal involving our best friend Cameron... he, Rigel and I all got the same symbol. Cam's is pretty messed up too, as is Rigel's but it works better because of the pretty blue against his browner skin.

Also, thank you for the link Jess!

Bastian
12-22-2009, 05:34 AM

I'm so ego-centric I thought your Zelda tat post was about me since . . . well, I have four Zelda tats. :P A Triforce on my shoulder and the three virtue symbols on my forearm, as shown in pics on my profile ... :P

I've been deeply in love with the Zelda games for 20 years. I don't anticipate stopping at any point ever. My only other tat is Auryn from The NeverEnding Story.

I have a thing for tats. Nothing turns me on than a guy with a chest piece and sleeves and a neck tat. Yum! BUT, I don't like face tats. Yuck.

There are pics of all my tats in my profile.

TheAbominatrix
12-22-2009, 05:38 AM
I cant stand face tats. I dont really fancy neck tattoos, though there have been some exceptions, but I find the face tattoo to be horrid almost 99% of the time. We were at a party and a guy there had a spade under his chin and the word 'sick' under his right eye. All I could think was 'god, what a twat'.

guffman
12-22-2009, 06:11 AM
[/QUOTE]
Thank you ! I had 7 or 8 sessions total. The first one was the hardest, a 6h30 stretch, doing only the black. No color filling. I got out, pale as a ghost, with no energy left, feeling my pulse in half of my body hehe.[/QUOTE]

oh i love that feeling, stepping up from the chair and just barely having the energy to do so. It's surprising how tiring it all becomes.

Necronopticous
12-22-2009, 07:18 AM
I can't think of many things that I find less attractive than tattoos--maybe Tertiary Syphilis.

Shlup
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
I saw a total butterface girl at Wal Mart today with two big black stars right in the middle of her neck, one of the other. I was about to drag her out by her ear and have her spayed.