PDA

View Full Version : Another sequel to FFIV?

SuperMillionaire
12-21-2009, 04:47 AM
I would like to see a midquel between the original FFIV and The After Years, which should take place right in the middle, to explain everything that went on during the 17-year gap between the two previous installments.

K4in
12-21-2009, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but I think FFIV is done as far as sequels go; for the time being at least. :|

Darth Cid
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
This is torturous! This is madness!

Madness? THIS...IS...FFIV!

Bastian
12-22-2009, 08:08 PM
As i haven't started in on the final chapter of ffiv:tay, i can't imagine that there could be much of a game there. it seems like not much happened during those 17 years. certainly nothing worth making a game about. no super villains appeared and tried to take over the world until TAY.

But i wouldn't mind a game set in this world's distant past. when the lunarians first arrived and zeomus first had to be contained. maybe the main character could be cecil and golbez's father kluya? and maybe via some clever device our fave heroes could travel back in time and help out?

LowCaloriePie
12-22-2009, 10:02 PM
While I would be interested in finding out what happened between the events of both games I really don't feel it's necessary to make a whole new project for it. There are many other Final Fantasies that are worth revisiting before another sequel (or the like) to IV.

SuperMillionaire
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
If not a game, then perhaps a movie, similar to FFVIIAC?

Bastian
12-23-2009, 08:45 PM
I just don't understand what could possibly happen in even a short story. It seems like we are given pretty much every last shred of info in TAY.

SuperMillionaire
12-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Oh... then perhaps a sequel to TAY? Another 17 years later?

NeoCracker
12-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Or perhaps they could NOT do whatever they possibly can to milk this game further?

SuperMillionaire
12-24-2009, 03:06 AM
The folks at SE shouldn't just put any random stuff in a sequel; they have to make it with quality plot elements that continue the storyline of the previous games.

arcanedude34
12-24-2009, 04:54 AM
The folks at SE shouldn't just put any random stuff in a sequel; they have to make it with quality plot elements that continue the storyline of the previous games.

Which... I can't ever remember them doing... OH! Unless you count Tactics Advance! That was a good game. And so was Tactics A2! So they just need to make a Final Fantasy IV Adva- oh, wait, never mind.

Can we get a FFV DS remake already? =D Or even a prequel to V about the Dawn Warriors? =D

LowCaloriePie
12-24-2009, 05:19 AM

Which... I can't ever remember them doing... OH! Unless you count Tactics Advance! That was a good game. And so was Tactics A2! So they just need to make a Final Fantasy IV Adva- oh, wait, never mind.

Can we get a FFV DS remake already? =D Or even a prequel to V about the Dawn Warriors? =D

Or perhaps a Final Fantasy III prequel about the Dark Warriors.

arcanedude34
12-24-2009, 05:27 AM

Why is it that half the games have more interesting backstories than actual plot events?

SuperMillionaire
12-24-2009, 03:18 PM

Why is it that half the games have more interesting backstories than actual plot events?
It's better than having no backstory at all, if you ask me. The first Final Fantasy had no backstories for the main characters. The original FFIII had no backstories either, but the DS remake gives them backstories and names.

Bastian
12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I would LOVE a III or V prequel! And I don't know that the backstories were necessarily more interesting than the primary stories, just that they were SO good it gave you scope for imagination.

Unfortunately Squeenix did the backstory-as-game thing with Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) in the form of an AWFUL RTS called Heroes of Mana . . . and even though I HATE RTSs with every ounce of my soul, I LOVED playing the "prequel" to one of my fav games . . . right up until they totally FUCKED it up at the end. I'm worried they would do something similar with III or V.

Anyway, thread at hand . . . no, I wouldn't want a "midquel" to IV, but I wouldn't mind a prequel with Kluya as the main guy. Or a sequel set so far in the future that Cecil and that lot are but myths.

SuperMillionaire
12-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Good ideas, Bastian.

Bastian
12-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, I'm full of it.

Er. Ideas.

A few months ago I read over at the RPG Maker forum that someone was doing a sequel to take place after tAY. Sounds ambitious!

SuperMillionaire
12-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Great! I'd like to see it soon.

Roogle
01-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I would like to see the world of Final Fantasy IV again, someday. Bastian had a good idea about revisiting the world in a sequel that takes place long after the events of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years.

SuperMillionaire
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Whoa, by that time, Ceodore could have his own child, making Cecil a grandfather...

LowCaloriePie
01-13-2010, 09:25 PM
A few months ago I read over at the RPG Maker forum that someone was doing a sequel to take place after tAY. Sounds ambitious!

That just-so-happened to remind me of the RPG Maker midquel to Final Fantasy IV, Time and Again. :)

earla76taylor
12-31-2010, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but I think FFIV is done as far as sequels go; for the time being at least. :|

FF is the best story line to movies and to play games. Hope the sequels are as best as the first is.

Elskidor
12-31-2010, 03:28 PM

FF is the best story line to movies and to play games. Hope the sequels are as best as the first is.

Word!

??

Rye
12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Please don't revive threads more than 3-4 months old. Thank you!