PDA

View Full Version : American Football.

Sephex
12-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Playoff predictions? Superbowl predictions? Also, what is your favorite team and how do you feel about them?

Well, mine is the Chicago Bears and--
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1260948840976.jpg

Raistlin
12-21-2009, 04:53 PM
How many interceptions does Cutler have now for the year? Is he up to 30 yet?

I'm mildly rooting for the Saints to win it all. Drew Brees is just badass and so entertaining to watch, and he's not as annoying as some of the other top quarterbacks (Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, both who I enjoy seeing fail -- the latter much more so). They've struggled a bit recently, though, so I'm not sure what their chances are.

I was hardcore rooting for the Titans earlier to go 10-0 after their 0-6 start, make the playoffs and then win it all... but it doesn't look like that's possible anymore. :(

Tavrobel
12-21-2009, 05:32 PM
He's up to 25 on the year, and there's still 3 games for them, at Baltimore, hosting the Vikings, and at Detroit. Ed Reed is gonna have a field day.

I of course, am an Eagles fan, and believe still that we have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl this year. DeSean Jackson: he's unstoppable.

Raistlin
12-21-2009, 05:55 PM
They played Baltimore yesterday. I saw the game and Cutler threw 3 INTs, which would put him up to 28.

I just looked it up, and according to Yahoo he had a passer rating of 7.9. Haha.

Tavrobel
12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Jay Cutler sucks. I heard that he was supposed to be good, except that was back when he hadn't been drafted yet.

Bunny
12-21-2009, 07:27 PM
I used to be a Broncos fan but after yesterdays 35 second loss to JaMarcus Goddamn Russell I don't think I have it in me anymore. I want the Saints to take it all the way because Brees is, by far, my favorite quarterback currently playing. They won't win it though.

Raistlin
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Jay Cutler was halfway decent for Denver, though still prone to throw tons of interceptions. He definitely needs a team to hold him up above suckiness. And Chicago sucks.

And the Broncos lost because JP Losman came in for Oakland. Obviously.

Bunny
12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
He kinda looks like Kyle Orton.

Del Murder
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
I am a Raiders fan. There is a giant 'Fire Al Davis' billboard that fans paid for and sits on the freeway about a mile away from the Oakland Coliseum. That pretty much sums up my team. (though the win @Den was pretty sweet)

I like the Colts, and Manning. I don't think there's any player who studies this game more than him. He's basically the OC of his team. I hope the Colts go undefeated to finally shut those Dolphin guys up. I wish the Saints could have done so too but oh well. If the Colts lose a game then I'll root for the Saints.

I Took the Red Pill
12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I've been a Bills fan my whole life. It has been a rough life.

Tavrobel
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I am a Raiders fan. There is a giant 'Fire Al Davis' billboard that fans paid for and sits on the freeway about a mile away from the Oakland Coliseum. That pretty much sums up my team. (though the win @Den was pretty sweet)

I wouldn't say that the whole situation in Oakland is all Al Davis' fault (though one can blame him for most of it). There's just a whole lack of interest in that region, and it affects how the team plays, as well. Perhaps if they stop spending stupidly large sums of money on players that clearly have not developed (DHB wth), there'd be progress; it's a bit of a stinking cesspool of morale over there. From what I have heard, Al Davis is no longer the majority owner, so perhaps if whoever has the majority stake isn't a complete idiot, he'll make Al Davis a figurehead and hire a good GM.

guffman
12-21-2009, 09:26 PM
ugh... my Steelers... what the hell has happened?

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Wow, Washington blows. This game is tough to watch.

Tavrobel
12-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Wow, Washington blows. This game is tough to watch.

How? They did so well against so many teams these past few weeks. I need them to win.

Bunny
12-22-2009, 03:47 AM
I don't think the Redskins are a terrible team, they're just extremely inconsistent. They could have a winning record this year if they played a full game instead of only a half. Though they are getting stomped by the Giant. God, I don't like Eli.

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 03:47 AM
I think the low point was a travesty of a fake field goal that fell apart immediately after the snap. It was truly a *face palm* moment.

And "how?" Because the coaching and entire administration sucks balls.

Tavrobel
12-22-2009, 04:35 AM
And here I thought that the circus of play calling was doing well.

charliepanayi
12-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Washington especially showed their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against new Orleans a few weeks ago. They're masters of screwing it up.

Looks like the NFC East will go down to the wire.

edczxcvbnm
12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
My favorite team is the Greenbay Packers. They are a team that is in transition. They need some more experience, a few offensive linemen and a decent back up corner. They have some holes but a good draft and free agent pick up can fix that in a year. I would also say they need a new coach. McCarthy isn't horribe but he isn't good either. There is a serious lack of disipline on the team and I don't see many problems that have improved through out the past two years. Rodgers still holds onto the ball too long, Ryan Grant still can't run the ball, too many fall starts and other things. That is on the players as well but a coach should work to identify these problems and focus on them in practice so that they don't remain problems.

I would say Colts - Vikings superbowl but after this past week >.> I think I will go with Colts-Eagles. I feel the Saints have been getting way too lucky as of late and they will fall to one of the other NFC teams.

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 05:34 PM
The Packers managed to out-fail the Steelers on Sunday, which is an impressive feat considering how many terrible teams the Steelers have allowed to win against them this year and how desperately the Steelers tried to lose that game (surprise onside kick when up by 2? Really?).

EDIT: For those of you who enjoy failure, here is the Redskins' epic failure of a fake field goal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3BorxSYgyo). Notable quotes from the announcers: "What in the wide world was that?" and "This is embarrassing."

Bunny
12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
That was pathetic. Still, though, I'm not sure if that performance was worse than the Titans' earlier this year against the Patriots. Both of those performances were truly pathetic.

Tavrobel
12-22-2009, 06:36 PM
At least the Giants didn't get a touchdown out of it. When he cut across the field, I was all like "yeah, that's gonna be bad."

As though it didn't need to be said, people are gonna get fired, and I mean on top of the people who were already going to get fired.

Del Murder
12-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Washington is one of the most underachieving teams in recent times.

If Green Bay's o-line can hold up then they are a good team. Rogers is ok. Better than Alex Smith at least, I don't know why SF drafted him. It will be interesting to see if they end up playing the Vikings in the playoffs.

There is an obvious mismatch between East and West teams. Besides San Diego, I don't think any other West division team would finish anywhere but dead last in the NFC East. Denver or Arizona may be better than the Bills, but none of them would have a shot at the playoffs in the AFC East either.

ANGRYWOLF
12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
:roll2

Washington is pathetic because of the interfere of Danel Snyder the owner, worst owner since..well..since Al Davis.:roll2

He finally hires a GM.We'll see if he and his pals Sonny Jurgenson and others will keep their hands off the team and let the GM and coaching staff run it.

The Packers reportedly got rid of their kicker. I still don't see them going very far in the playoffs.

Still think Indy and New Orleans are the favorites to meet in the Superbowl.Just imo though.

:)

charliepanayi
12-22-2009, 07:56 PM
That was pathetic. Still, though, I'm not sure if that performance was worse than the Titans' earlier this year against the Patriots. Both of those performances were truly pathetic.

At least the Titans get the consolation that they got better after that game though, can't see that happening to Washington yet!

Arizona are getting ignored/belittled again, I'm not sure they can shock everyone like they did last year, but it'd be foolish to write them off straight away because of their weak division.

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 08:19 PM

Yeah, the Titans in that game had one of the most overall pathetic displays of any team, ever. However, Washington still wins the "most pathetic play" award.

Some KSK commentators theorized that play was so bad it had to be a big "fuck you" from Zorn to Snyder, considering he's going to be fired anyway.

Tavrobel
12-22-2009, 08:31 PM
And here I thought that he was only in charge of implementing Third Down plays, according to Cooley.