PDA

View Full Version : Avoid the GameFAQs boards if you want to stay unspoiled.

Flying Arrow
12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
See topic.

Some lowlife allegedly just spoiled the ending in a topic. I'm not too peeved myself, but I'm sure others around here would be.

And before anyone asks why I was even hanging around the GameFAQs nursery - I just needed a small piece of information and, well, the GameFAQs FFXIII board the most active one around at the moment.

Anyway. Friendly warning: watch out for GameFAQs. It's only been four days since the release, so this kind of thing will obviously continue.

Jecht Shot
12-21-2009, 09:45 PM
I stopped visiting that board around December 13th, because I figured that sort of thing would happen.

It was a good source for pre-release news, but man do I hate that place with a passion. I've never seen a bigger collection of whiners and crybabies. I certainly don't miss visiting it.

Cry, cry, that's all they're good for.

To boot, every other topic was "This FF> that FF" or "Why can't XIII be like this FF?"

Rad Bromance
12-22-2009, 04:02 AM
GameFAQs has a message board?

Also, stay away from the Wikipedia page. I just got the ending (or, part of it at least) spoiled for me big time when I was reading about the characters, as some jerk blatantly posted "IN THE ENDING, THIS HAPPENS TO THESE TWO CHARACTERS".

Eck.

Rostum
12-22-2009, 11:58 AM
People still willingly go to GameFAQ forums? Wow.

Psychotic
12-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Let's not talk trash about another site, guys. We're classier than that! (Probably :greenie:)

You folks reckon I should make a stickied thread about spoilers here, just to make sure the same sort of thing doesn't happen here?

Rantz
12-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Probably won't help much, the people that purposely spoil the ending will do so anyway. Someone came in chat the other day and spoiled it in Spanish. I realised it was the spoiler I'd heard of as I was halfway through translating the sentence in my head, but I still got the general gist of it. Now to try and forget. :[

Psychotic
12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
True, although I wasn't really thinking of them. Some people may do it inadvertently without realising it might be a problem.

Bolivar
12-22-2009, 05:12 PM
damn wtf

ANGRYWOLF
12-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Let's not talk trash about another site, guys. We're classier than that! (Probably :greenie:)

You folks reckon I should make a stickied thread about spoilers here, just to make sure the same sort of thing doesn't happen here?

I would like to see that site quietly disappear..for personal reasons involving FFXII.:mad2: Hope the mod isn't offended by my saying this.If he had been through what I went through there he would understand. If I get in trouble for saying this so be it. Still I won't mentioned anything about that site again while I am a member of this forum.
Jecht shot, you're 100% correct about that site.:D

I did cheat and watch some of the gameplay on Gamersyde.Don't know if anyone has previously mentioned that site but they do have some videos from a player there who is playing the game.

I think there are going to be a lot of spoilers out there in various media so people need to be careful.

:)

Zeromus_X
12-24-2009, 05:32 PM
It's usually best to avoid the Gamefaqs boards for recently released games to avoid spoilers (not to say that there aren't spoilers on other message boards). I got spoiled for Star Ocean 4 there when that came out and that wasn't too pleasing.

Vermachtnis
12-24-2009, 05:56 PM
GameFAQs ain't that bad. It's got some pretty cool people. Just that they are number by loud twelve year olds who try too hard to be edgy.

Anyway, I've never been to the FFXIII forums simply cause I don't have the game and cause I know better. Seriously getting Xenosaga III spoiled for me once was all it took. It wasn't entirely on purpose. But the title was "I can't believe XXXXXXXXXXXX died *SPOILER WARNING*"

Psychotic
12-24-2009, 09:33 PM
This thread got its own thread on GameFAQs. Which one of you is Neon Blaster? :p

Raistlin
12-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Just for that, I went to GameFAQs and found the thread Psy mentioned (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=52759165). I was amused that every single person there agreed that it sucks.

Skyblade
12-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Just for that, I went to GameFAQs and found the thread Psy mentioned (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=52759165). I was amused that every single person there agreed that it sucks.

Agreed. That has got to be one of the most awesome threads on the GameFAQs forums now.

BustaMo
12-26-2009, 01:35 AM
I browsed through their boards before FFXII came out and stumbled across 2 big spoilers that game had so I'm very aware to stay away from that site until the game's released. I usually figure some blabber-mouth will try to ruin the fun for everyone by spilling info that he/she knows will spoil it for others.

Thanks for the heads up.

Vyk
01-02-2010, 01:43 AM
That thread was awesome. But I've never worried much about the forums there. I go there for .... y'know... the FAQs. But sometimes the forums are the best place to get answers, since not all the questions get asked/answered in the "answers" section. That's the -only- reason I go to the forums. Ever

Wolf Kanno
01-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Usually avoid websites before a games release if I want to play it though sometimes a few spoilers get me interested in a game. I finally played Chain of Memories because of spoilers I read on Gamefaqs.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers for XIII but its very hard to cause I personally feel the plot might be very predictable so I'm sometimes curious to see if I guessed it right. I'm still trying to be a good boy scout though. :D