PDA

View Full Version : I saw Edward Cullen outside of Wal-Mart on the roof of a Bloodmobile

rubah
12-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I am thoroughly dazzled right now, and wondering where my 472 mL of precious bodily fluid went.

Donated blood lately? :count:

Logie
12-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I have, indeed. :D 'Twas the highlight of my life when they gave me a heart plushie in return! And people think I give blood because I'm a good person. ;)

Del Murder
12-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah I do it occasionally, mainly for the free cookies. :cookie:

Jess
12-22-2009, 10:56 PM
No, the time I went to give blood I wasn't allowed.

I have to have an anemia test first!

Tavrobel
12-22-2009, 11:01 PM

I have to have an anemia test first! eat first, apparently.

Ouch!
12-22-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm not allowed to give blood ever because I lived in Norway. The FDA thinks I have mad cow disease.

rubah
12-22-2009, 11:04 PM

I have to have an anemia test first!

Yes, that's the hardest part for me. I feel fine when they stick me with the tester, but then my vision goes black and my ears close up and my basal temperature shoots up. I managed somehow! Probably because of the pretty little Dragon Knight clenching my hand in terrawr. :orenji:

Christmas
12-22-2009, 11:06 PM
My blood is always donated to the mosquitoes without my consent. :(

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 11:11 PM
I have not, though I have to get blood tests regularly because of the medication I'm on. It's a damn good thing I don't have a fear of needles or seeing my own blood.

Shattered Dreamer
12-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I don't give blood sorry to say whenever I've gone to give blood I normally can't because of alcohol, prescription pills or weed levels in my blood stream. But even my slightly "cleaner" lifestyle these days I probably could.

Shlup
12-23-2009, 02:26 AM
I hate the questionnaire for it.

"Are you a gay male?" No.
"Are you sure.?" Yes.
"Fine. ...Have you had intercourse with a gay male?" No.
"Hmm... What about a male who's not gay but sometimes has sex with males?" No.
"Even if it was only one time it's still a little gay." I said no!
"Oral counts." Still no.
"...How well do you trust your husband?" Goddammit STFU!

Those blood drives hate the gays.

And I haven't given blood since before I moved. *sigh*

sir helix
12-23-2009, 02:45 AM
i cant give blood, even if i get a little bit drawn i get all fainty like a fairy tale gity schoolgirl. its not cool.

Bastian
12-23-2009, 03:45 AM
I used to love to give blood back when I was a virgin.

It really is a bit unreasonable that simply because I'm a homo I can't donate. The likelihood of me having HIV is ridiculously low. Especially in comparison to most straight people I know.

Raistlin
12-23-2009, 04:48 AM
I hate the questionnaire for it.

"Are you a gay male?" No.
"Are you sure.?" Yes.
"Fine. ...Have you had intercourse with a gay male?" No.
"Hmm... What about a male who's not gay but sometimes has sex with males?" No.

Don't they disqualify you for lying?

theundeadhero
12-23-2009, 04:59 AM
I've never been able to donate blood from either tattoos or a country of the world I had recently lived in.

Bunny
12-23-2009, 06:21 AM
I can't give blood because apparently having sex with animals disqualifies you or something.

Vermachtnis
12-23-2009, 06:28 AM
I can't give blood cause the thought of it gives me the hibbee jebbees.

rubah
12-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. It absolutely squicks me out, as well. It was all I could do to remain coherent during the adrenaline rush of the iron test. I felt bad for lying to them, but they don't let you give if you pass out!

Breine
12-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Haven't given blood yet, but I'd like to. I probably can't because of my sexuality, though.

Rye
12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I will never give my blood! Just giving a tiny bit of it makes me sob and freak out!

Even seeing the "GIVE BLOOD" posters and stuff makes me feel really uncomfortable and shakey. Negative association!

Moon Rabbits
12-23-2009, 09:39 PM
No queers allowed.

(I am an organ donor, though)

Mirage
12-23-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm not allowed to give blood ever because I lived in Norway. The FDA thinks I have mad cow disease.

That's crazy!

LunarWeaver
12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
I tried once, in high school when there was this drive. I asked and they assessed me with their "hmm" eyes and told me they needed other people to do other things. I couldn't tell if it's because I weigh very little or if they could smell my devious odor. It's sad, really, as neither needles nor blood frighten me in any way. Ah well, since then I can't anyway. I could try to lie about it, but I'm sure they'd find Britney Spears on my Zune and toss me out.

Raistlin
12-23-2009, 10:45 PM
You really can't give blood at all if you're a gay male? Is this like 1980? You'd think these blood drive organizations would have realized by now that not only can HIV be tested for now, but The Gay does not cause it. Or is there some other ridiculous pseudo-justification at work here?

Moon Rabbits
12-23-2009, 11:11 PM
You really can't give blood at all if you're a gay male? Is this like 1980? You'd think these blood drive organizations would have realized by now that not only can HIV be tested for now, but The Gay does not cause it. Or is there some other ridiculous pseudo-justification at work here?

Nope, no other justification. At least not in Canada. The questionnaire, when I went, said something like "have you had sex with another male since 1978" or something like that. If you check yes you're disqualified from giving blood because of a "higher chance of being infected with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases."

Yes that is how I got it explained to me. Yes I caused a ruckus. No I still wasn't allowed to give blood :(

Afaik (again, this is Canadian stuff I'm talkin' bout) a woman who has had sex with a woman can still give blood? It's got something to do with anal sex and being gay and all this other stupid :bou::bou::bou::bou: because apparently we all have AIDS.

Rye
12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I sure don't want any GAY blood in me if I get into a car accident and nearly die! :nonono:

I Took the Red Pill
12-24-2009, 12:44 AM
I love bein' a human juicebox. :)

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I sure don't want any GAY blood in me if I get into a car accident and nearly die! :nonono:

:love:

Jiro
12-24-2009, 03:23 AM
If they won't accept my blood then I'll stab myself and bleed all over them. That'll show them.

Rianoa
12-24-2009, 03:30 AM
I cannot give blood for ive had the same problem damn sparkly Edward :eep:

NeoCracker
12-24-2009, 03:38 AM
I love bein' a human juicebox. :)

...Okay, just letting you know, Blood is the last thing that came to mind after reading that statement.