PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Skill

Carl the Llama
12-22-2009, 10:52 PM
If I equip more then 1 on the same character and learn a new skill will both materia have the spell?

arcanedude34
12-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Yup

Raistlin
12-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I don't remember ever trying that myself, but I don't see why not. Before you go trying it to learn a very difficult Enemy Skill, it'd be easy enough to test out by Manipulating one of the enemies on the world map to cast an Enemy Skill (White Wind by one of the enemies near Fort Condor, for instance).

Carl the Llama
12-22-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't remember ever trying that myself, but I don't see why not. Before you go trying it to learn a very difficult Enemy Skill, it'd be easy enough to test out by Manipulating one of the enemies on the world map to cast an Enemy Skill (White Wind by one of the enemies near Fort Condor, for instance).
I would do that had I not already learned them lol

Skyblade
12-23-2009, 12:36 AM

You don't really need to test this. Pandora's Box is a move that is only used once by an enemy, and it is cast on your whole party (3 characters). If you couldn't learn it on a single character who had more than one equipped, it would be impossible to learn on all 4 materia. And it is possible to learn every enemy skill on every materia.

The real kicker is this: If you have a single character with 2 Enemy Skill Materia equipped, but one has a skill learned and the other does not, when that skill is used against you, you will not learn it on the other one.

Example: Cloud has equipped two Enemy Skill Materia. One brand-new, and one which knows Matra Magic. An enemy casts Matra Magic on Cloud. The empty ES Materia will not learn Matra Magic.

Carl the Llama
12-23-2009, 02:51 AM
My only concern was trine as I wanted to save the Yuffie vs her pops fight till I had all ES materia

Saber
12-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Yep when you fight Godo make sure you only equip the enemy skill materias that do NOT have trine on. If one materia is equip that has trine already the game will not let you learn it on the others equip'ed.