PDA

View Full Version : Dissidia: difficulty rating

dragoon1028
12-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Now, i consider myself a decent gamer and i have occasional problems with some of the battles in Dissidia. But i have one gripe about final fantasy Dissidia AIs that kills me more than anything... SPAMMING!!!

Is it just me, or does every character in Dissidia(some more than others) spam the hell out of a single move... If it hits once then they will immediately use it again and again and again, which can cause deaths and the breaking of PSPs due to smashing on a nearby wall... I guess they are programmed to think, "If it hits once, then itll hit 1000 times."

Even though i have this gripe i still love Dissidia and final fantasy more than any other game on the market.

RedPouch
12-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Do you think you might mean combo-branch/chain attacks [ie, how Tempest chains to Meo Twister A or how Glare Hand chains to Cosmic Ray] or something else? I'm not sure if this relates to what you're talking about exactly, but I can tell that although I experience this problem on occasion, it's pretty rare and I'm usually able to deal with it. Perhaps you just need to get used to using R+X more often when getting caught in said attacks to try and avoid this, but make sure you pay attention to where you're dodging to, since it's not always a good idea to dodge in the area directly behind the line that the path between you and your opponent form [like in Golbez's case, when he uses Rising Wave against you].

Edit: Are you talking about computer opponents or playing against actual people? If you meant by playing against actual people, then are you talking about dodge canceling? Because that's something entirely different than what I thought when I wrote this post.

Skyblade
12-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I think he's talking about AI enemies like Kefka and Terra doing almost nothing the whole match but spamming Blizzaga. Golbez has only two moves the AI ever really uses. A couple of the other opponents have this issue as well. Their primary method of attack is to use the same move over and over.

I don't find it as troublesome, though. The different AI types do wind up switching the moves around some, and at least the AI is smart enough to know which attacks are the best ones.

Vermachtnis
12-23-2009, 04:39 PM
The A.I. is pretty dumb in this game, that's why they have all those Accessories that do impossible stuff. And yeah, if they get lucky and hit you. They're gonna try again and again and again. But the A.I. is dumb and predictable. I've said it before but my favorite example is when I'm using Cloud of Darkness and I use Fusillade, 1 of 2 things will happen: they stand still and get hit or they dash at me and into a 0-Form Laser.

RedPouch
12-23-2009, 05:20 PM
The AI is pretty predictable and easy to control that I've noticed. Still, I don't think I've really had this problem with Kefka or Terra that you've mentioned, though I will admit that I've noticed how Terra seems to try and spam Whirlwind an awful lot.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

Wolf Kanno
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
The sad thing is once you get really good gear and accessories as well as high levels, you begin to see the holes in the A.I.

I have yet to try the infamous Inward Chaos but I've put some good time into the Lunar Whale course and I personally feel the A.I. is nowhere near as good as a skilled player.

arcanedude34
12-24-2009, 01:22 AM
The sad thing is once you get really good gear and accessories as well as high levels, you begin to see the holes in the A.I.

I have yet to try the infamous Inward Chaos but I've put some good time into the Lunar Whale course and I personally feel the A.I. is nowhere near as good as a skilled player.

When you try Inward Chaos, prepare to cry. Openly.

RedPouch
12-24-2009, 01:27 AM

I haven't gotten to Inward Chaos either but I have to agree, but we're not surprised are we? It's the same with all AI in any game. There are always ways to manipulate and abuse it.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

qwertysaur
12-24-2009, 06:56 AM
I love playing as the Emperor and putting a flare up then starting Starfall, because the AI tries to rish me to stop Starfall, and ends up face first into flare :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Try that trick with Garland's Cyclone and Blaze, makes him actually have a more practical HP Attack. ;)

arcanedude34
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
Try that trick with Garland's Cyclone and Blaze, makes him actually have a more practical HP Attack. ;)
I was actually thinking of making a thread about useful tricks, and that was the example I was going to use XD It pretty much creates a wall that hits 99% of the time. It's cheap.