PDA

View Full Version : how to play warcraft in 4:3 aspect ratio

syun_ukiya
12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
i have a 22inch wide lcd.. i want to play warcraft in 4:3 ratio with black bars on side is fine. but everytime i start the game its stretched.. how to configure this? thanks

Mirage
12-23-2009, 04:27 PM
That's something you'd do in your display driver settings or on your monitors control panel.

If you want to do it via your display drivers, you first need to tell your PC that it should take care of the display stretching rather than the display itself.. It would be helpful to know which video card you've got.

syun_ukiya
12-23-2009, 05:30 PM
its nvidia 7300 gt but i cant find the option

syun_ukiya
12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
i couldnt find the option, i clicked help but its showing a diffent one on my screen! damn nvidia. and my samsung syncmaster2250 is showing up in crt image.

but i was able to click auto on my monitor setup.. and it worked, will it damage my monitor this way??

Mirage
12-23-2009, 09:49 PM
If I was at my desktop computer right now I'd enter the nvidia control panel and check where it is, but I can't until next year. It's there somewhere, at least if you're using semi-recent drivers.

crono_logical
12-24-2009, 01:14 AM
I always thought it was a monitor function to not stretch non-native resolutions to fill the screen distorting them in the process, and not a driver option (beyond correcting the resolution used), unless I'm understanding the problem wrong here :p

syun_ukiya
12-24-2009, 04:17 AM
well it was now its working after tweaking my monitor setup and not the driver. the image display is set to auto instead of wide. now the games with 4:3 are not stretched. if i use this will it not damage my monitor?

Mirage
12-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Why should it?

I always thought it was a monitor function to not stretch non-native resolutions to fill the screen distorting them in the process, and not a driver option (beyond correcting the resolution used), unless I'm understanding the problem wrong here :p

Many monitors do not let you change this in their OSD control panels, therefore many video card drivers can now "override" it by upscaling a lower resolution image to the native resolution of the monitor. It is with this feature you can make the display drivers keep the aspect ratio of whatever you want to display on the monitor.