PDA

View Full Version : DEMON WALL :@@@@@

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2009, 04:45 AM
SO WTF I CANT BEAT IT.

I'm like level 26 or something and have Aeris, Cloud and Cid in my party. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFZ

STRATEGIES PLZ. NOTHING IS WORKING. The stupid "giant rock on your fucking head" does like 2000 damage :mad2:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

line_genrou
12-24-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm trying to remember which boss is that...

Vermachtnis
12-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Get it's HP to zero! That should work. Also have Aeris or someone be a dedicated healer and heal every turn.

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2009, 05:22 AM
YOURE ALL SO HELPFUL.

Skyblade
12-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Hopefully you've been collecting Enemy Skills, because Big Guard and White Wind are great, as are Beta, Aqualung, and Trine.

If not, then work up your Limits. Aeris' in particular are effective here. Full heals, invulnerability, filling other characters limits. Whatever you have, use.

Haste is a big help, and if you can, cast Slow on the boss.

Raistlin
12-24-2009, 06:29 AM
Big Guard = cheapest spell in the game that you should be casting at the beginning of every remotely difficult battle.

If you don't have the Enemy Skills and leveling isn't really an option, I agree with Skyblade in that your best bet is just trying to work up everyone's limit breaks before the battle.

qwertysaur
12-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Oddly I have never had any trouble with this boss :/

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2009, 06:54 AM
>_< IT IS ALWAYS THIS BOSS THAT FUCKS ME OVER EVERY TIME I PLAY!!!!

Uhhh. I only have Aeris' first two limit breaks, same with Cid. I have both Cloud's level 2 limit breaks. I also didn't get the E. Skill materia this play through because I forgot it exists (where do you even find it anyway? I don't remember).

I think I'm just going to grind. Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

qwertysaur
12-24-2009, 07:00 AM
you get it in the chamber that Hojo wanted RedXIII and Aeris to perform a miracle of science.

Raistlin
12-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Doesn't Red XIII come with one, or there's one right around where you get him? I think there's one in Junon, too. God, I haven't played FF7 in way too many years; I used to know all this crap off the top of my head.

EDIT: :p at qwerty.

Saber
12-24-2009, 07:12 AM
>_< IT IS ALWAYS THIS BOSS THAT smurfS ME OVER EVERY TIME I PLAY!!!!

Uhhh. I only have Aeris' first two limit breaks, same with Cid. I have both Cloud's level 2 limit breaks. I also didn't get the E. Skill materia this play through because I forgot it exists (where do you even find it anyway? I don't remember).

I think I'm just going to grind. Uuuuuuuuuuugh.

You get the enemy skill materia in Shinra tower (After getting Red XIII), Junon in the beginners hall, City of ancients, and Chocosages house.

Also
1. Have everyones limit break ready before battle.
2. Equip all your powerful summons.
3. have Cure-All

Start the battle by using Clouds limit break. His is all damage so use them as fast as possible. Also since Aeris' limits is curing, you may want to keep it. Limits activate the next turn after selecting, Cure-All waits a little.

Be prepared to be attacked a lot. Cure-All on minor occasions and Healing breeze on major. Go ahead and use whoever elses limit break you have in your party. You want to damage fast and use healing with a strategy.

Now unleash all your summon powers. After you do this he should be near dead. If not its a war with your elemental magic, Fire, Bolt, Ice. If you have level 2 spells it will be over quick.

Shishikabob
12-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Get Aerith powered all the way up and use Great Gospel :monster:

Moon Rabbits
12-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Now unleash all your summon powers. After you do this he should be near dead. If not its a war with your elemental magic, Fire, Bolt, Ice. If you have level 2 spells it will be over quick.

Except that summons and elemental magic do like 60 damage to the Demon Wall. Physical attacks work x100 better.

Skyblade
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
You won't be able to use Great Gospel, as it requires an item you most likely don't have at this point, but you can build up to Aeris's higher level limit breaks.

Remember, Limit Breaks are priority attacks. Even if you have selected other characters to attack before selecting the Limit Break technique, the Limit will trigger immediately after the current action, before those characters can take their turns. This means that if you have Cid and Cloud attacking already, and Demon Wall hits you with a big attack, you can trigger Healing Breeze to heal your party and start charging Aeris's ATB before Cloud and Cid attack.

Necronopticous
12-24-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy4/Bosses/DemonWall.gif

Rokk
12-24-2009, 07:22 PM
And be careful here; I gave Aeris the sexy Dragon Armlet you get off the Red Dragon for this battle, and since this is the last time you get to use her in battle she disappears from your party.

She STOLE my Dragon Armlet! It was never returned to my inventory! :(

Carl the Llama
12-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Lol i killed him in 2 moves earlier 1 bahamut and 1 meteorain mind you i was level 30 i would recomend you use the nailbat with cloud and have him bash away with deathblow you should do about 1k damage each hit have cid and aerith cure him nonstop and you might make it through

line_genrou
12-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh I know now,that monster at the temple of the acients right?
Yeah,I was pretty overpowered at this point in the game...
I suggest you train in the forest that surrounds the temple,it has pretty good opponents that give a lot of exp at this point in the game.
Also,get the weapons around the temple,they are pretty strong.Did you get Aerith ultimate weapon?

Skyblade
12-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Oh I know now,that monster at the temple of the acients right?
Yeah,I was pretty overpowered at this point in the game...
I suggest you train in the forest that surrounds the temple,it has pretty good opponents that give a lot of exp at this point in the game.
Also,get the weapons around the temple,they are pretty strong.Did you get Aerith ultimate weapon?

Unfortunately, if he's at the Demon Wall, he has most likely saved inside the Temple, which is a point-of-no-return until that boss is dead. So training outside the temple is off limits, as are weapons and enemy skills.

Warewolves
12-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Man i was stuck there as well, i was like 35 before i finally got a break.

:mad:

Anyway what i did was i saved bahumust till i was out of reserved and defended EVERY TIME he came foreword. Even whaen i was hasted but hey; i was really over getting my a** kicked by that bugger.

Aslo; yay first post ^_^

Aslo if you go back to where the black materia is you can train in there.

line_genrou
12-26-2009, 03:09 PM
But maybe she has a save outside the temple...

qwertysaur
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
But maybe she has a save outside the temple...
Moon Rabbits is male :p

Shattered Dreamer
12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I remember having a lot of trouble against this guy years ago the first time I faced it but now I have very little trouble with him because I make sure to be at about level 30 odd before heading to the temple. Aside from that Moon Rabbit he is doable at around level 23. Literally put everybody in the back row doing that minimizes the damage he does to start off to that, heal every time he hits you without fail & then hit him with all your most powerful spells & attacks, Bahamut should do about 2000 + damage to him which is a great start & the Deathblow materia is also effective. Best of luck because I know how frustrating Demon Wall tends to be my friend!

nik0tine
12-30-2009, 06:19 AM
If you absolutely CANNOT beat him use two dedicated healers and heal with them every turn. I don't see how it is even possible to lose this way unless he is 1 hitting your characters.

Breine
12-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Aeris' second level 2 limit break is really useful here. Too bad you don't have that.

Anyway, if you're going after using limit breaks cast the Hyper item (I think that's what it's called) on your characters, and they'll get limit breaks faster. Their Attack command will miss from time to time, though.

Just use Cure all, and Haste all if you have that. You could also just grind like hell.