PDA

View Full Version : MY BUTT

Loony BoB
12-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Owowow. Okay it doesn't hurt right now but it did when I slipped on black ice while taking some shopping home and landed smack bang on my butt. This thread is only to be posted in as an EoFF logbook of people slipping over on ice and slush and all that other menacing winter weather related stuff.

Rodarian
12-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Owowow. Okay it doesn't hurt right now but it did when I slipped on black ice while taking some shopping home and landed smack bang on my butt. This thread is only to be posted in as an EoFF logbook of people slipping over on ice and slush and all that other menacing winter weather related stuff.

Awwww poor BoBikins! Did anyone managed to kiss your boo boo away! LOL

I use to think think that I was a mountain goat on ice cause I never use to slip....Until back in 2004..... My garage door wasn't opening (automatic) so I got out my friends SUV... I managed to open it but as soon as I proceeded to walk back.. I slipped on ice and slid half way under his car... O_o...... I quickly banged his bumper in case he thought it was clear to park....

Loony BoB
12-24-2009, 01:30 PM
Nobody kissed it better. :( But a few people saw me fall as they were coming around the corner. They laughed at me when I mentioned which spot was slippery. Then one of them slipped in that very spot and fell as well. Ha!

Yar
12-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I remember walking out to my car last winter and falling flat on my ass when I slipped on the ice on the steps. xD

Christmas
12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
I remembered when I first started work and I had a fall, everyone will be dying to come help me up. :bigsmile:

And after all these years when I had a fall now, no one bother to help me up anymore. :(

Rye
12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Half the parking lots here are pretty much solid sheets of ice near the curbs, so I have to constantly employ the Penguin Walk to keep from slipping on my tuchus.

Momiji
12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
No slipping or falling for me yet! I wanna see if I can manage not to do that this year. I can keep my balance on ice without much problem-- the catch is, if I don't know the ice is there, that's when I fall =<

Raistlin
12-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Junior year of college, the sidewalk leading from my apartment to the street was a death trap in the winter. I somehow managed not to fall, but it seemed like everyone else did.

Anyway, no slipping for me yet this year.

Shlup
12-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I sprained my ankle...

...three months ago. No ice was involved.

Christmas
12-24-2009, 03:00 PM
BTW, people. I think we forgot to show our concern to BoB for falling and hurting himself cause he is old, muddle headed and probably not sane. :(

Are you ok BoB? Hope you didn't break a few of your really aged and brittle bones. I hope you get well soon and just dun pass away the next day like what happened to one of my neighbours' distant relative. :mymelheart:

Chloe.
12-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Yeah there's loads of ice here. Yesterday me and my friend were out shopping and we had to keep grabbing on to each other to prevent ourselves from slipping. :p Luckily, neither of us did fall. We did see this woman slip though, it was hilarious, but I did feel a little sorry for her too. xD

Loony BoB
12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
BTW, people. I think we forgot to show our concern to BoB for falling and hurting himself cause he is old, muddle headed and probably not sane. :(

Are you ok BoB? Hope you didn't break a few of your really aged and brittle bones. I hope you get well soon and just dun pass away the next day like what happened to one of my neighbours' distant relative. :mymelheart:
You're not far off my age young lady!

Vermachtnis
12-24-2009, 03:33 PM
I haven't fallen yet due to ice. I've almost fallen but knocked my sister over and regained my composure. That was funny.

Jess
12-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Aghhhh. This is why I don't like snow. I've gotten used to driving in it now, but not walking in it!

It's been like this for a week now, and it hasn't snowed for the past like... 6 days? It's just all turned into ice. really nasty ice. :(

I fell over around 10 times on Saturday night walking home at 1am, possibly some of it was alcohol related, but it was mostly the ice. My worst fall was right on the edge of a curb, I landed flat on my back, my lower back hitting the curb. I smashed my elbow off the floor and it's still all swollen and hurts REALLY bad, my mum thinks it's a small fracture but there's no point having it x-rayed as there's nothing you can do about an elbow fracture. I'm bruised all over. boo! :(

*grump*

BarelySeeAtAll
12-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Yesterday I was stuck in Exeter city for ten hours alone, and it ended up raining and that froze throughout the day. Slipped up and landed flat on my ass - while clutching hold of the phone. Imagine: goth child + phone + ice + lack of goth child's balance = chavical laughter

=_= and the dude I was on the phone to killed himself laughing when I said what happened...

...pricks..the lot of them

rubah
12-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't slip on ice very often.

Not even sound.

qwertysaur
12-24-2009, 09:50 PM
weal a butt pillow :smug:

Dignified Pauper
12-24-2009, 11:06 PM
I used to play on ice with my cousin, and one time she drug me down with her when she fell.

ANGRYWOLF
12-24-2009, 11:30 PM
tail bone

coccydynia: coccyx (tailbone) pain: causes, coping and cures (http://www.coccyx.org/)

lol:)

~*~Celes~*~
12-25-2009, 01:49 AM
I slipped once so far this year (*knocks on wood*) but no falling yet~

Jojee
12-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey Wezly remember when you came over and we were taking a walk and you kept falling everywhere or almost falling and slipping and it was hilarious? xD And I didn't slip at all even wearing huge heels because I am a super awesome, well-balanced person? ;)

Raistlin
12-25-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey, I never actually fell, just had a couple of close calls. Plus, you only had better balance because you're so low to the ground.

Del Murder
12-25-2009, 07:56 AM
No ice where I live, but I did get momentarily blinded by the warm golden sun earlier today before I put my sunglasses on. :cool:

Iceglow
12-27-2009, 10:38 AM
I remember once stepping out my front door at my moms and on to the driveway, it was a solid sheet of ice from door step to curb...I slid all the way down in to the road, thankfully I was regulary ice skating at the time so my balance was exceptionally good on ice and I didn't fall. However I almost got run over in the road by a car that was comming down the road. Last time I fell over due to ice it was at an ice rink and I fell over because I was being gentleman like and stopping my girlfriend from falling over on the ice. Doing so put me in an unexpected axle spin and well, that doesn't go too well when you're trying to keep someone else balanced and yourself, especially if you haven't ice skated in like 8 years or so.

Jojee
12-27-2009, 05:21 PM
I slipped yesterday and my friend laughed at me :( My hand hurts.

In my defense I was drunk. xD