PDA

View Full Version : Lets get this over with...

NeoCracker
12-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Been a while since this thread has come up, so discuss all the possible Sequels and Prequels to FF games that might actually work. And I'll be more then happy to tell any one of you that you are wrong.

FF IV - A prequel detailing the events of Zeromous's imprisonment.

FF V - A prequel about the first time Ex-Death came, details about the good Dr. And his void, I can't remember how far appart those two events were though, so I can't comment if it could work as one or two games.

FF VI - The only real good game I could think up would involve the original War of the Magi.

FF VII - I don't care if there is another legitimate sequel you can think up. This game has had enough of them.

Now that it's out of my system, I'm likely to only tell other people that they are wrong. :p

The Crystal
12-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Been a while since this thread has come up, so discuss all the possible Sequels and Prequels to FF games that might actually work. And I'll be more then happy to tell any one of you that you are wrong.

FF IV - A prequel detailing the events of Zeromous's imprisonment.

FF V - A prequel about the first time Ex-Death came, details about the good Dr. And his void, I can't remember how far appart those two events were though, so I can't comment if it could work as one or two games.

FF VI - The only real good game I could think up would involve the original War of the Magi.

FF VII - I don't care if there is another legitimate sequel you can think up. This game has had enough of them.

Now that it's out of my system, I'm likely to only tell other people that they are wrong. :p

Well, it seems I AM the one to tell you are wrong first!
After all, Zeromus wasn't imprisioned. It was Zemus. :monster:

I would like to see:

FFVII - The Cetra/Jenova War.

FFVIII - During Ultimecia's time/the future.

And everything else you already said.

NeoCracker
12-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Well you know what? Just to spite you, I'm defaulting to telling YOU ARE WRONG!

even if in those are legitimate Ideas...

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
VIII to me is the only game in the series that seemed to have plausible sequel ideas. The world is one of the more underdeveloped and it was one of the few games that had reasonable plot threads left open afterwards that get glossed over by its unrealistic sugar coated ending.

Ulti is dead and despite the world governments being in shambles and the most powerful empire in the world coming out of isolation (which we all know should start a global panic) not to mention Garden and SeeD are in shambles we just kind of end it with smiles and cheers when there was a a lot left over to talk about.

Despite all this, I hate the ideas of sequels and prequels and would prefer the series to stay to the one game world instead of expanding into crappiness like VII and X did. Even the Ivalice games are making me hope for the franchise to die lately and I genuinely loved FFT and XII.

Vyk
01-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Eh... I'd be kinda interested to see how Terra deals with being human

qwertysaur
01-03-2010, 12:09 AM
FF X: The war between Zanarkand and Bevelle

Ivalice Alliance: The cataclysm that happens some time between XII and Tactics

VeloZer0
01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Disclaimer: I in no way condone sequels or prequels to FF games.

I: A game set 1000 years in the past, and ties in with the time loop of the game.

III: Back when the Warriors of Darkness had to stop the overflow of light into their world.

IV: Events leading up to Cecil & Golbez's father coming to the world of FFIV

V: War against Euno

VI: War of the Magi

VII: Jenova vs. Ancients

VIII: Something set in the far future, Ultemecia's time.

IX: Whatever crisis befell Terra

X: Zanarkand vs. Bevelle. You could side with Zanarkand and in the end be the hero who creates Sin to keep your society from being wiped from existence by the evil people of Spira. :)

arcanedude34
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
The only expansions I'm remotely interested in are the Dawn Warriors from FFV and the Dark Warriors from FFIII.

P4ine
01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
ff7 advent adults - what happens after doc and so on
ffx-3 - yuna's story after x-2
ffix-2 - sequel featuring dagger as main character cuz zidane's gone she looks 4 him
ff7 CRISIS CORE 2 - cloud as main character what exactly happens between crisis core and ff7

Vyk
01-04-2010, 01:16 AM
ffix-2 - sequel featuring dagger as main character cuz zidane's gone she looks 4 him

.....didn't he pop out during the play at the end??

P4ine
01-04-2010, 01:28 AM

dunno never played the game you just spoiled the ending to me

blackmage_nuke
01-04-2010, 05:56 AM
THey should make a full cgi musical based on the FFVI opera set during the war of the magi

arcanedude34
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Then why do you want a sequel? And why would you post that, not knowing anything about the game's ending?

P4ine
01-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Then why do you want a sequel? And why would you post that, not knowing anything about the game's ending?
no idea officer u go ahead and tell me but i herd it was a good game so just sorta thought
u got a prob with that officer?
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/1/16/Coolface.png

arcanedude34
01-05-2010, 03:56 AM
no idea officer u go ahead and tell me but i herd it was a good game so just sorta thought

Golly you're funny

leader of mortals
01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
The FF7 sequel that makes sense out of the ending to DoC.

P4ine
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Golly you're funny
that wasn me

Super Christ
01-20-2010, 04:18 AM
III: Back when the Warriors of Darkness had to stop the overflow of light into their world.
This.

Also, a prequel to X, following Jecht, Braska, and Auron.

A prequel to 1 that gives Garland some development wouldn't be bad either.

LunarWeaver
01-22-2010, 04:23 AM
I would go with VIII sequel. I'm sure some conflicts can be cooked up. Besides, it'd be fun to see Squall and Rinoa's failing relationship as they argue about trash, dishes, lack of communication, and who's turn it is to feed the baby when it cries at 3 AM.

Karifean
01-24-2010, 07:22 PM
X -> Prequel following Auron, Jecht and Braska.
VII and X-2 -> Prequel/Sequel how Shinra's descendants came from Spira to Gaia, maybe?
VIII -> Sequel resembling Aomes Trainirea?

Roogle
01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Despite all this, I hate the ideas of sequels and prequels and would prefer the series to stay to the one game world instead of expanding into crappiness like VII and X did. Even the Ivalice games are making me hope for the franchise to die lately and I genuinely loved FFT and XII.

I can see what you mean. I know that a lot of development time goes into creating new worlds for each game environment and I am almost certain that there are more stories to tell in each world.

Unfortunately, it feels like Square Enix is prone to trying out new things on sequels. The only example of a proper sequel that followed the same gameplay as its predecessor was Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, which I played to completion shortly after downloading the title. I would like to see more sequels true to the gameplay of the predecessor, as I feel like it would be a much more safe move than taking a risk to tell a shorter story in a different format.

The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII does not have a single game that mirrors the gameplay of the original Final Fantasy VII. Because of this, I have not played any games in that series.